A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality [Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is everybody! Come on let's discuss some more bad25!

I know!! What song are you most looking forward to seeing on the DVD? For me it's either TWYMMF or WBSS :D (Or Billie Jean, too many to pick from!!)

I know!! What song are you most looking forward to seeing on the DVD? For me it's either TWYMMF or WBSS :D (Or Billie Jean, too many to pick from!!)

dam you said Aspect Ratio is 4:3 & 1:33:1 would the 4:3 be for the concert and the other setting for extras etc.?

dam you said Aspect Ratio is 4:3 & 1:33:1 would the 4:3 be for the concert and the other setting for extras etc.?

I don't know what 1:33:1 is, but I'm almost certain all footage will be 4:3, unless stretched to fit 16:9 :)

I don't know what 1:33:1 is, but I'm almost certain all footage will be 4:3, unless stretched to fit 16:9 :)

I'm sure 4:3 is the aspect ratio for the DVD, and I'm confident the daybreak clips was before restoration and that they had been stretched to fill the HD broadcast requirement :)

btw Amazon are selling the 3 CD/1 DVD set at £19.97 *-*

Doesn't matter. We got more than a month now to witness HIStory! In the meantime, Whitney Houston's final film will be out next week, just to keep occupied. So many great things are happening despite the drama. Not gonna stop me. Never had, never will!

Whos's Bad?! Shamone! Come on, girl! Aaow!

Jackson_popcorn.gif

If I have to pick up 3 songs (it's hard) it would be the following :

TWYMMF is the song I await the most, especially for the ad libs at the end 'come on baby to me' we heard in the leaked snippet from July 15th ! And among all Bad tour footage, it's the song we have less seen or heard live. Same thing for Dangerous Tour by the way...so I really hope MJ did perform it that night.

Then it's probably Thriller and the second leg outfit with the famous M jacket. I wanna be thrilled !

And then Billie Jean as it is always a magical moment in time. I want to see how MJ fine tuned the performance from the first leg we saw in Yokohama. He expresses all its creativity and artistry and it is HIS solo break dance....show time !

It is possible the concert is 4:3 and some of extras footage is 16:9. Take a look in Queen live in Wembley 1986 DVD.

Man In The Mirror, Billie Jean, Thriller, Smooth Criminal, TWYMMF, Bad.

StellaJackson;3686593 said:
There won't be any extras on the dvd.

DVD – DVD Live at Wembley Stadium July 16, 1988

1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
2. This Place Hotel
3. Another Part Of Me
4. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
5. She's Out Of My Life
6. I Want You Back / The Love You Save / I'll Be There
7. Rock With You
8. Human Nature
9. Smooth Criminal
10. Dirty Diana
11. Thriller
12. Bad Groove (the Band Jam section)
13. Working Day And Night
14. Beat It
15. Billie Jean
16. Bad
17. Man In The Mirror (Encore)

And Bonus Tracks Include:
1. The Way You Make Me Feel (Performed at Wembley the previous night, July 15, 1988)
2. I Just Can’t Stop Loving You/Bad (Performed at Yokohama Stadium, September, 1987)

Extras on the DVD, The Way You Make Me feel July 15th 1988 and I Just Can't Stop Loving You/Bad I'm presuming these will be from the Yokohama master tape.

They had already said they have u-matic tapes from other shows, but no other multi-tracks from those shows.
The audio is listenable, but in their eyes, they'd rather use audio they can fine tune each channel.

And they should have thrown the songs that got cut from the 2nd leg from the Yokohama show, rather than a very similar performance of IJCSLY and Bad (which were basically the same, just different stage and outfits).

Wembley 88 in 5.1 surround sound! That will be magical :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back