A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality [Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen to the snippets mjjlatvia posted and then watch apom official video, mitm moonwalker and bad wembley and you'll understand what i meant. If you have the original bucharest audio and the dvd its the same overdubbing like in the videos i mentioned. Its not about front back or middle house recordings. Go-flying said that the mix he did has crowd noise there where it really was present. The fake crowd noise was added later in post-production.

Oh, so that's the reason for the repetitive fake crowd noises.
Very interesting thanks for the info :)

Maybe tomorrow we will get a trailer for the Wembley show.

Well here it is already today. July 16. Would be cool if they show trailer exactly 24 years after concert.

Oh, I see. It's 11 minutes past 00:00 here too.

It would be cool if they's show such a trailer. Not to mention it's Monday which is a good time for any press releases or trailers or whatever. I kinda doubt they'll do it, but hey... here's to wishful thinking.

Jackson_popcorn.gif

Okay, guys.. the same director of the Vision DVD pacakage that so many of us didn't like, will also be the director for the Bad Tour DVD package. His name is
J I M G A B L E
&#8226;Directorial Credits&#8226;<o:p></o:p>
DVD&#8217;s | HOME VIDEOS | LONGFORMS<o:p></o:p>
Michael Jackson<o:p></o:p>
&#8220;BAD25 Wembley Stadium&#8221; DVD (Producer)<o:p></o:p>
&#8220;Michael Jackson&#8217;s Vision&#8221; DVD (Producer)

Here's the link to his resume:
http://www.gandb.tv/jg.html

:O :( i hope they don't restore it the same way they "remastered" vision dvd

charismatic;3681659 said:
Okay, guys.. the same director of the Vision DVD pacakage that so many of us didn't like, will also be the director for the Bad Tour DVD package. His name is
J I M G A B L E
&#8226;Directorial Credits&#8226;<o:p></o:p>
DVD&#8217;s | HOME VIDEOS | LONGFORMS<o:p></o:p>
&#8220;BAD25 Wembley Stadium&#8221; DVD (Producer)<o:p></o:p>
&#8220;Michael Jackson&#8217;s Vision&#8221; DVD (Producer)

Oh God. Thanks for the info. Hopefully the quality is opposite to Vision.

More news...confirmation....

[h=1]Michael a hit with Di despite `Dirty Diana'[/h]
392330.gif
Chicago Sun-Times
July 18, 1988 | Copyright

Share on tweethttp://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-3895261.html#

Princess Diana was in the audience, but singer Michael Jackson went ahead anyway and sang his hit "Dirty Diana," about a woman of loose morals.
The 27-year-old princess smiled.
Jackson had been expected to leave the song out of his concert at Wembley Stadium because of the princess' presence Saturday night, but an aide said the singer "felt the fans would feel let down."
Diana, an avid pop music fan, and Prince Charles met backstage with Jackson before the start of his third sellout concert.

So glad Michael performed DD on that night. One of my favorite performances from The Bad Tour.

I think it's strange that we still don't have tracklist details. And maybe more previews of the DVD.

Is there any word from the estate when we're getting a trailer for it? It's been a while since we got the announcement and we've only gotten a teaser.

J I M G A B L E
•Directorial Credits•<o:p></o:p>
DVD’s | HOME VIDEOS | LONGFORMS<o:p></o:p>
“BAD25 Wembley Stadium” DVD (Producer)<o:p></o:p>
“Michael Jackson’s Vision” DVD (Producer)

Oh great...

The only good thing about Visions was the intro/title cards for each video (even if they over-used the same shot of an audience for all the live-esque videos).

My expectations for this have gotten a bit lower..

J I M G A B L E
•Directorial Credits•<o:p></o:p>
DVD’s | HOME VIDEOS | LONGFORMS<o:p></o:p>
“BAD25 Wembley Stadium” DVD (Producer)<o:p></o:p>
“Michael Jackson’s Vision” DVD (Producer)

Hmm.. the same guy also did the 'The One' documentary from '03. That one did feature some cool HQ Triumph Tour footage and I thought was pretty good overall. Guess we just have to wait and see how it turns out this time.

He's producing the set. Does that mean he's actually remastering it, or he's just putting the package together, i.e DVD Menu?

He's producing the set. Does that mean he's actually remastering it, or he's just putting the package together, i.e DVD Menu?
I cannot imagine he would be in charge of remastering it himself. They said they hired a company specialized in remastering after all.

it wouldn't be surprising if the audio is only Stereo....

So much for calling it "multi-track" recordings. They're only referring to the SOURCE!

Well, on their end, they mean they can fine tune each recorded track, rather than the stereo mix down on the tape.

But yes, I know what you're saying.

Depending on the quality, I think i'd prefer a u-matic tape with fine tuned stereo mix.
But as we all keep saying to eachother, let's just wait and see.

(the people involved in producing the HIStory and DANGEROUS dvds should be involved, haha. Srsly, I'd love surround mix).

I didn't bother to purchase the Vision boxset because I have Dangerous/HIStory I & II...So I don't really know what you guys are talking about, as in the remastering for Vision was bad. In what way? Worried about the Bad DVD now :-/

Call me pedantic, but I don't want audio of any sort that was actually recorded on that day. I want to real experience, not canned cheering from other performances.

Also, confused about the Princess Di comments...I thought Michael said he didn't perform it, because she was there? But he in fact, did? Confused.

The people who worked on remastering footage for the NASA moon landing are the same people working on remastering Wembley right? So I'm sure they will do the best job they can. :)

On Vision DVD set I think they just tried to put too much on each disc. Thus leading to quality issue.
Maybe the producer has been given the constraint to make the whole MJ video collection fit on three discs ? Not sure it is a matter of skills from JIMGABLE. Even some of us could have produced the boxset better given good quality masters and sufficient disk space.

Just trying to remain positive there about the upcoming Bad25 DVD release :)

Oh excellent! I e-mailed Jim Gables (or rather, his production company), and asked about the audio for the DVD.
Someone responded and said there will be stereo AND SURROUND audio tracks on the DVD!!

Oh excellent! I e-mailed Jim Gables (or rather, his production company), and asked about the audio for the DVD.
Someone responded and said there will be stereo AND SURROUND audio tracks on the DVD!!

Excellent news indeed !
You did not ask anything about the footage quality, DVD content (extra material) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back