A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality [Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^I wonder what Tatiana is thinking of all this, especially if her part is not in the show.

She'll be sitting at home consoling herself with a large glass of wine with 'it should have been me' playing on repeat in the background. :D

The estate will be missing a trick not slicing in her msg perf for sheryl crow's as they wd get free publicity - tatiana would have been more than happy to be out promoting the dvd on every chatshow in the country talking about her 'relationship' with mj in that endearing, slightly psycho way of hers. I personally far preferred her to a smug looking sheryl crow stomping around the stage.

Didn't she say she was kicked off the tour because of that?
Uh, was she REALLY going to be on the tour to begin with? I doubt they would hire her to walk around the stage for ONE song for a tour already in the middle of its itinerary.

But in any case, MJ (or his management more likely) over reacted.

Yeah i have always wonderd about that.. Firing her because of that was an overreaction Imo. There must have been more to the story

Re: A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality

This is great! Now I'll be waiting for the History tour DVD

This is great! Now I'll be waiting for the History tour DVD
I would much rather have a victory tour dvd....Plus nobody would buy it. Munich and Copenhagen are online already......

I would much rather have a victory tour dvd....Plus nobody would buy it. Munich and Copenhagen are online already......

Tons of HWT is online. And Munich is almost HD so why should we need more HWT. If any then I'd vote for Brunei show but better yet something we ain't seen.

Now we're really running out of discussion. Some time ago I could barely catch up the DVD talk :scratch:

Now we're really running out of discussion. Some time ago I could barely catch up the DVD talk :scratch:

It'll be different when it's all released though ;)

But still, we need some more discussion in the meantime lol

I wonder if they will release live vocals underneath the playback?

I recall Go Flying mentioned that although playback was used for songs like TWYMMF and Smooth Criminal, MJ was singing live and the vocals underneath the playback were recorded.

However, I wouldn't count on it, because many singers BS their songs when they lipsync, they sing badly underneath. In a recent documentary about MJ's concert in Munich we can hear him sing the chorus of BOTDF live along with playback but he doesn't sing anything else live.

Given how mics often fail on MJ, they might also DUB stuff. What I DON'T wanna see is a butchered up "fake" live done by using old demo lyrics or re-timing studio vocals (as we've seen in TWYMMF in TII).

The MSG concert is probably the one I would want to see the most since it's full live but I doubt they have good quality of it. I would prefer Wembley's atmosphere though, because MSG was a private concert.

I would prefer Wembley's atmosphere though, because MSG was a private concert.

Well, how private could it be. It was a huge arena :D

Tatiana and the (studio recording) guitarist of Dirty Diana were there. It would be a good show to put out too.
But yes, I prefer an stadium show just because of how massive the crowd was.

Hope they could put out some trailer or something regarding DVD. Wait is killing.

Excitement grows as September 18 draws closer! :D

kermit.gif

yeah that would be good and also possibly some new suits too.

I think it's better getting this than nothing at all. A lot of people seem to be concerned about the quality and purchasing something with poor quality - At the end of the day, You are getting a official original experience of Michael's BAD tour, coming straight from his own personal VHS tape! Who wouldn't want that for a few pounds!? It's not millions, I don't think you will loose out Bad Quality or No Bad Quality.

As for the Master Tapes, Michael, could and I think would of given them to someone he wholeheartedly trusted or even given to family members. Remember that Michael has been aware of these tapes for many years and still didn't release them whilst he was around. They will be with someone for their own private collection. It's hard to misplace such revolutionary performance recordings, they have a safe home and I think Michael probably gave them a safe home for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back