A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality [Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Moonwalker HD was planned for Xbox Live/PSN, but I can't remember where I read that.

I found some more snippets from Youtube. All of them are not from July 16 and the quality will be a lot better in dvd.

Thank you Estate for clearing this matter up. Can't wait for the September release!

They should release Moonwalker game in Xbox Live Arcade.

This is something I've wondered about. If you look at XBL they have released all kinds of arcade classics no one ever expected to have the ability to play from home. Xmen, Simpsons...i mean...why not moonwalker? There won't be a more perfect time to release such an amazing, classic arcade game...it just makes complete sense to me and i know it CAN be done. I just wonder if it will.

Note that I mentioned the arcade version. If you're going with either that or the Gensis one...it only make sense to go with the arcade port.

Just seen this for the first time, the estate have our best interests at heart, I have faith in them and am waiting quiet impatiently until September! :lol:

Shouldnt the quality be something like this? This concert was from a VHS and remastered, like the Bad concert is going to be.

Shouldnt the quality be something like this? This concert was from a VHS and remastered, like the Bad concert is going to be.

Not sure if it's best idea to compare.

1. We don't know in how good standing the VHS is.
2. Wembley VHS is older than this one.
3. It is remastered (restored) by professional company called Lowry Digital not some amateur fan. Those guys can do almost magic but I'm not sure how bad VHS is and what could they do to it.

So basically we have no clue at all :) Only if you take that the VHS looks like teaser snippet and samples given to TV stations. If that's so then situation is pretty crappy :D

I'd like to know the U-Matic tape quality, because after some research they are long lasting.

I hope after the DVD is released, Lounis releases Rome and Tokyo videos without his obnoxious logo.

I suppose it could look something like Rome 1988 vob with Lounis logo.
Exactly, Lounis videos are most probably direct U-matic tapes transfers.
It's definitely identical to Jumbotrons feed as shows in concert, and quality looks too good to be from a VHS.

Exactly, Lounis videos are most probably direct U-matic tapes transfers.
It's definitely identical to Jumbotrons feed as shows in concert, and quality looks too good to be from a VHS.

Yeah, I think so as well.

Maybe Sony tries to be funny and they put that logo on the Wembley concert :D
they'll do something funny for sure.

who wanna bet, that they'll screw the audio the same way as bucharest dvd? Over-dub the whole thing with crowdnoises like the APOM MITM and Bad videos.

who wanna bet, that they'll screw the audio the same way as bucharest dvd? Over-dub the whole thing with crowdnoises like the APOM MITM and Bad videos.

I hope not. Live CD wouldn't be fun to listen if it is like Bucharest.

I wouldn't mind some LIGHT crowd noise added only because the jumbo tron feeds (based on the Tokyo and Rome tapes), the crowd is barely audible. I mean, that's a good think to an extent. But if it's a concert, you want to hear a little more crowd noise.

Maybe the audience had its own mic(s) set up (I know some live concerts have a mic(s) or the camera mic to pick up the venue audio for things like this.

What I'm really hoping for, since they have multi tracks, is a surround sound mix so I can rip the isolated vocal track from the DVD :D

I wouldn't like if they add extra crowd. In snippets we have the balance is PERFECT and it's amazing. I wouldn't like it being altered.

Well, yeah, that mix is perfect. But aren't these audio snippets from Bad Around The World documentary? (as in, not simply just a jumo-tron a/v mix).

Anyhoo, yes. If it sounds like these snippets, then that'd be just fine.

Well, yeah, that mix is perfect. But aren't these audio snippets from Bad Around The World documentary? (as in, not simply just a jumo-tron a/v mix).

Anyhoo, yes. If it sounds like these snippets, then that'd be just fine.

These had been shared by Birchey for Keep The Magic Wembley campaign in late 2010 or early 2011. Basically it will sound the same and even more amazing on DVD than these snippets. I think the same source is used for DVD.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind some LIGHT crowd noise added only because the jumbo tron feeds (based on the Tokyo and Rome tapes), the crowd is barely audible. I mean, that's a good think to an extent. But if it's a concert, you want to hear a little more crowd noise.

Maybe the audience had its own mic(s) set up (I know some live concerts have a mic(s) or the camera mic to pick up the venue audio for things like this.

What I'm really hoping for, since they have multi tracks, is a surround sound mix so I can rip the isolated vocal track from the DVD :D

The Wembley gig had the audio recorded to multi-tracks, so there is likely to be plenty of crowd noise.

Videos of Tokyo and Rome had front of house mixes, so the crowd was barely audible in those vids.

I wouldn't like if they add extra crowd. In snippets we have the balance is PERFECT and it's amazing. I wouldn't like it being altered.
True. Those sound perfect. I can't wait to hear full Bad Tour concert like that!
clap.gif

These had been shared by Birchey for Keep The Magic Wembley campaign in late 2010 or early 2011. Basically it will sound the same and even more amazing on DVD than these snippets. I think the same source is used for DVD.

Don't know for the DVD, but for the live CD yes. It's the original soundboard mix.

The Wembley gig had the audio recorded to multi-tracks, so there is likely to be plenty of crowd noise.

Videos of Tokyo and Rome had front of house mixes, so the crowd was barely audible in those vids.

Listen to the snippets mjjlatvia posted and then watch apom official video, mitm moonwalker and bad wembley and you'll understand what i meant. If you have the original bucharest audio and the dvd its the same overdubbing like in the videos i mentioned. Its not about front back or middle house recordings. Go-flying said that the mix he did has crowd noise there where it really was present. The fake crowd noise was added later in post-production.

In the snippets posted, how slow was RWY? Was it played at that speed?

Listen to the snippets mjjlatvia posted and then watch apom official video, mitm moonwalker and bad wembley and you'll understand what i meant. If you have the original bucharest audio and the dvd its the same overdubbing like in the videos i mentioned. Its not about front back or middle house recordings. Go-flying said that the mix he did has crowd noise there where it really was present. The fake crowd noise was added later in post-production.

I understand that, but I wasn't talking about APOM video, MITM, Bucharest. I know crowd noises were added in for those vids.

My point was that there will be a lot more GENUINE crowd noise in the Wembley DVD/CD than there is for other Bad Tour vids, such as Rome and Tokyo, because the Wembley gig was recorded to multi-tracks. So the crowd noise from that day will be a lot more audible than it is on other Bad Tour clips that are on youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back