A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality [Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality

Place your bet: did Michael remember the lyrics of DD on the night of the 16th? :D

hehe that's so cute :lol:
But I bet he did remember it in that occasion because you know, Lady Di was there :fear:

hehe that's so cute :lol:
But I bet he did remember it in that occasion because you know, Lady Di was there :fear:

Imagine he forgot the first words and he starts singing

''Hey Lady Di I'm here, forget Charles and come to me'' :fear:

Guys a quick question for the fans who know this information for a fact not gossip. If you do, please quote the source if you can

1. For those asking for a Japan Blue-ray release... Was the concert shot on film 35/16mm in the first place?
2. In addition to those two wembley concerts on film mentioned here, was LA shot on film?

Finally those fans who are having doubts about estates way of handling things, I am 100% with them as their doubts are justified in past 3 years since MJ passed they have done plenty wrong over and over to raise doubts in the minds of many fans especially when it comes to their ability to understand the importance of MJ live material.

But on the flip side of the coin, the poor quality of the video and the problems of storage have very little to do with Mj estate now but rather MJ himself. As incredible as a performer and businessman he was, it is remarkable how careless or carefree he was with his live material whether audio and video. Why was he like this with respect to his live stuff is nothing anybody can say for sure but only speculate.

Yes, true, some of that blame does fall on the estate for their inability to locate these 35/16mm films of BAD concerts but a great deal of this has to do with MJ personal handling of these affairs while he was alive :(

P.S. call me naive but why cannot someone from estate contact this person who helped assisting or directly recording BAD concerts on film, especially the London ones? At least getting help pointing in the right direction as to where these films could be... unless of course all of those were lost from that blasted storage facility.

P.P.S I guess if the estate already spoke with Patrick Kelly and still are clueless about video masters let alone 35/16mm film then there is hardly anything anybody else can point to in so far as bad tour video are concerned.

Last edited:

Guys a quick question for the fans who know this information for a fact not gossip. If you do, please quote the source if you can

1. For those asking for a Japan Blue-ray release... Was the concert shot on film 35/16mm in the first place?
2. In addition to those two wembley concerts on film mentioned here, was LA shot on film (I already partially know this because it was on moon walker blue ray and looks true 1080p to me)

Finally those fans who are having doubts about estates way of handling things, I am 100% with them as their doubts are justified in past 3 years since MJ passed they have done plenty wrong over and over to raise doubts in the minds of many fans especially when it comes to their ability to understand the importance of MJ live material.

But on the flip side of the coin, the poor quality of the video and the problems of storage have very little to do with Mj estate now but rather MJ himself. As incredible as a performer and businessman he was, it is remarkable how careless or carefree he was with his live material whether audio and video. Why was he like this with respect to his live stuff is nothing anybody can say for sure but only speculate.

Yes, true, some of that blame does fall on the estate for their inability to locate these 35/16mm films of BAD concerts but a great deal of this has to do with MJ personal handling of these affairs while he was alive :(

I believe Japan they were talking about is Yokohama and it seems it was on film.
Don't think anyone is sure here if LA was on film. Maybe, maybe not. Pretty likely it was. Also LA wasn't on Moonwalker Blu-Ray.

Don't think anyone is sure here if LA was on film. Maybe, maybe not. Pretty likely it was. Also LA wasn't on Moonwalker Blu-Ray.

Which performance then is the man in the mirror black jacket in moonwalker?

It's all a mix not just one performance I believe. Same with blue shirt. The black jacket must be early USA leg. And BTW in LA he wore white shirt in MITM.

vlcsnap2012060309h40m50.png

vlcsnap2012060309h40m57.png

d6c03c85e724.jpg

Last edited:

Hours ago I was watching again some performances of BAD Tour, and always I observe the MJ's voice in the first leg and after some performances of second (in Rome or Tokyo for example), the voice in first leg is to much stronger. Yes in second leg the number of shows was increased but nevertheless it's interesting the voice performance loss...

Its supposedly from LA 88. Im not sure, but its from US shows. In the two mtv specials "bad around the world" & "APOM" is some of that night.

Did Michael wear Bad jacket or TWYMMF shirt during Man in the Mirror in July 16 concert?

2. In addition to those two wembley concerts on film mentioned here, was LA shot on film?

P.S. call me naive but why cannot someone from estate contact this person who helped assisting or directly recording BAD concerts on film, especially the London ones? At least getting help pointing in the right direction as to where these films could be... unless of course all of those were lost from that blasted storage facility.

P.P.S I guess if the estate already spoke with Patrick Kelly and still are clueless about video masters let alone 35/16mm film then there is hardly anything anybody else can point to in so far as bad tour video are concerned.

The name of this guy (http://icolorist.com/grading-michael-jackson/) is Warren Eagles and he already said that he has no idea where the films could be. He also said that he have personal VHS copy of the show but that he can't find it.

I believe Japan they were talking about is Yokohama and it seems it was on film.

Yep, you can see the two-reel film camera's in the front row and they used many more camera's than we've seen in the other shows that included on jumbotron footage.

Michael´s letter to a cameraman has been posted before.
I´ve been most interested about what he wrote about rascism, but he also wrote he wanted to capture the truth, he wanted to "capture truth spontaneous truth the depths of excitement in human spirit."
I´m sure Michael saw crowds reaction when he was on stage, but it could be useful for him to watch it more careful afterwards and see fans reactions to what he did on stage.
I don´t think he thought about doing dvds from his tapes, it was just for himself, to learn from.

"I very seldom write letters. But in this moving occasion I couldn't help myself.
I want to thank you for putting the effort forward to capture the magic and excitement of the people of the world. What you do is a very personal and powerful medium to me.
It is the art of stopping time, to preserve a moment that the naked eye cannot hold, to capture truth spontaneous truth the depths of excitement in human spirit.
All else will be forgotten but not the films. Generations from now will experience the excitement you've captured, it truly is a time capsule. I will not be totally satisfied until I know you're at the right angle at the right time, to capture a crescendo of emotion that happens so quickly, so spontaneously.
What you have done was good, but I want the best, the whole picture, cause and effect.
I want crowd reaction wide lense shots, depths of emotion, timing. I know we can do it.
It is my dream and goal to capture truth. We should dedicate ourselves to this. The person who makes a success of living, is the one who sees his goal steadily and aims for it unswervingly. That is dedication. There is no other way to perfection than dedication perseverance.

moodyblue97;3650718 said:
Michael´s a bit messy when it came to keep his tapes and recordings in place. He forgot where he put them kind of. And from what I know many things were destroyed and went missing during the raid in 2003 at Neverland. IF the masters or some of them were kept there, they may be among things that went missing.

I would hate to think about some sherif having the masters! Disgusting and disturbing!!!

moodyblue97;3650718 said:
Michael´s a bit messy when it came to keep his tapes and recordings in place. He forgot where he put them kind of. And from what I know many things were destroyed and went missing during the raid in 2003 at Neverland. IF the masters or some of them were kept there, they may be among things that went missing.

Remembering how Neverland was ransacked in 2003, it makes it even more conceivable things were misplaced, destroyed or just stolen. 70 people trashed his home that day and seemed to thoroughly enjoy it. I could see them taking films and tapes just to see what kinds of things their corrupt little minds thought they might find on them. And if it was just his work, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they purposely destroyed them just for the fun of it.

Remembering how Neverland was ransacked in 2003, it makes it even more conceivable things were misplaced, destroyed or just stolen. 70 people trashed his home that day and seemed to thoroughly enjoy it. I could see them taking films and tapes just to see what kinds of things their corrupt little minds thought they might find on them. And if it was just his work, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they purposely destroyed them just for the fun of it.

That's illegal and it could have backfired in court. I doubt they destroyed anything.

That's illegal and it could have backfired in court. I doubt they destroyed anything.

Cops are people and SOME are just as malacious and corrupt as other folks, just like the pilot who taped MJ's private conversation with his lawyer on that plane. I can totally believe there were things taken during that raid in the name of evidence that were destroyed. It's not as though things were carefully inventoried that day. They trashed Neverland.

Cops are people and SOME are just as malacious and corrupt as other folks, just like the pilot who taped MJ's private conversation with his lawyer on that plane. I can totally believe there were things taken during that raid in the name of evidence that were destroyed. It's not as though things were carefully inventoried that day. They trashed Neverland.

Destroyed what for? Pure fun risking to be fined or even face jail for destroying potential evidence in the court. It's too risky IMO.

agree.

When you hear and see these video, you are not surprised they may have destroyed stuff for fun :

Destroyed what for? Pure fun risking to be fined or even face jail for destroying potential evidence in the court. It's too risky IMO.

They had absolutely no respect for MJ. Don't think they had much respect for his possessions either. If films were taken that clearly were not evidence, yeah I could see something being tossed, destroyed, or kept to be sold. As far as risk, there wouldn't be any. The culprits would just deny it was taken in the first place or they had returned it. It'd be their word against MJ's. Who do you think would be believed?

Oh please this is about bad concert DVD we longed for. Can we stop talking about the trial, it still hurt so much to think about it.

Oh please this is about bad concert DVD we longed for. Can we stop talking about the trial, it still hurt so much to think about it.

If you're referring to the last few posts, it isn't about the trial. It's about what could have happened to the missing film and tapes that could have possibly created a higher quality disc.

Personally, I'm VERY happy to get what we're going to get. The only real "bad" thing is that I waited all winter for summer, and now I can't wait for summer to be over, so I can buy BAD, but that's okay. MJ is worth the wait.

agree.

When you hear and see these video, you are not surprised they may have destroyed stuff for fun :

Wow, I've never seen this video where the police is actually raiding the house... Really uncomfortable watching this.

MIST;3650722 said:
see fans reactions to what he did on stage.
I don´t think he thought about doing dvds from his tapes, it was just for himself, to learn from.

". The person who makes a success of living, is the one who sees his goal steadily and aims for it unswervingly. That is dedication. There is no other way to perfection than dedication perseverance.

Mist, thank you so much for this quote for many reasons. We all know he was a perfectionist so that is one of the reasons he never intended to release any of his concerts. Even after heavy request from fans, he would not do it. Also, personally this quote is very potent as a life lesson. Thanks again!:D

Michael rented storages. His house was a storage. look at all that stuff. every room is overstuffed. he was collecting evrything, like a clutterer.
And they found a tape of wembley there? its like finding needle in hay. Anyway, house or attic aren't the right place to keep film reels and masters of importand recordings or his music videos. they aren't there.
the estate said, Michael got vhs copies of Umatic tapes. the film masters are somewhere else. where are the masters of his videos held?

the statement says, they searched for the vhs tapes and Umatic tapes. not the films. So, still not the right source for dvd.
And that Japanese master is problably again Umatic tape, like the one the were searching for wembley. still, not the right source for blu-ray. so everybody chill out.

Last edited:

Maybe this is the concert we will see, since he used it for his Private Home Videos and they said that they found the tape in Michaels Private VHS collection :p

[youtube]uN6GLhNdr4Y&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

Maybe this is the concert we will see, since he used it for his Private Home Videos and they said that they found the tape in Michaels Private VHS collection :p

[youtube]uN6GLhNdr4Y&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

It could be that. That quality looks like same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back