A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality [Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A Message from the Estate Of Michael Jackson Re Wembley concert DVD Quality

let me post a reminder that says stop focusing on specific members or don't be surprised to find your posts deleted. This is a thread about the DVD and not any of the members.

here is what they did with the NASA footage.

nasa-3.jpg

apollo-11-before-after.jpg

moonwalk_610x283.jpg

Last edited:

I don't think we can be 100% sure but

- they are well-known in the industry
- have worked with NASA on Apollo 11 restoration
- have their own patented technology

perhaps it can be one of Lowry's competition as well.

That's excactly them. We can be 100% sure.

Can you clarify whether or not The Way You Make Me Feel was performed that night? You must know cos you provided the audio to the Estate right?

The Way You Make Me Feel was performed and is included.

here is what they did with the NASA footage.

nasa-3.jpg

apollo-11-before-after.jpg

nasa-3.jpg

They removed/filled in the grains, but the picture remains blurry.

BUMPER SNIPPET;3650434 said:

That was different kind of work in this case.

Some of the artifacts–such as dust and dirt on the camera lens–visible in the original images, however, remain unchanged. “We could make these images perfect, but at a certain point you begin to lose authenticity, says Edquist. After some discussion, NASA decided that those should be left in. The restored footage is as improved as we can make it without changing the heart of it. Another “flaw” that remained in the restored images is the reflections that show the astronauts.

Name of the restoration company? I've just seen this and had my mind blown.

yes, its heavy de-noised. but in the 2 & 3 pic you can see more detail of the ship.

Name of the restoration company? I've just seen this and had my mind blown.

They can easily do things like this. And even better than this example. The company is called Lowry Digital. They have restored film negatives of lots of popular old movies.

They can easily do things like this. And even better than this example. The company is called Lowry Digital. They have restored film negatives of lots of popular old movies.

Brilliant! I'll check their work out now :)

I love this package it's like being back in 1987 when Michael first announced the Bad album and tour, I wasn't born then but I'm glad that we are getting so many things that honestly we weren't expecting considering that we might not have gotten a Bad Tour at all makes me even more thankful to Sony and the estate, they have done a great job and I'm so glad to hear they have painstakingly been restoring and enhancing the visuals and audio to make the visuals more sharp and the audio crystal clear. September 18th will be Christmas for me I will run downstairs and will open the package go to my room and watch the DVD and then I'm gonna upload the cd to iTunes and put them on my iPod finally I'm gonna listen to the CD over and over again, thank you so much to John & John and everyone who worked on this package and a special thanks to Birchey for creating the Bad Tour Wembley Keep the Magic campaign.

check this out.

Time-Base-Corrector from FOR.A, Snell & Wilcox and Teranex

I read an article today - can't find it now - but it said the space footage had less resolution to start with and it was done from multiple different sources.

You might want to check this one of star wars - they did the 2004 DVD from the 1995 THX version as the original film reels was degraded

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=2601599

I read an article today - can't find it now - but it said the space footage had less resolution to start with and it was done from multiple different sources.

You might want to check this one of star wars - they did the 2004 DVD from the 1995 THX version as the original film reels was degraded

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=2601599

Did they restore Star Wars from the master film or fromp the VHS?

Did they restore Star Wars from the master film or fromp the VHS?

you tell me

The old film footage, the original celluloid copies, simply don't exist anymore. As early as 1991 it was discovered that the complete material was in an extremely bad condition. Due to a flawed production, each film reel only had a life-span of approximately 6 years. Then they started to disintegrate. The material that was left was meticulously restored and thus, the THX-versions from 1995 are the only remaining original versions. On those, the Special Edition, which was again thoroughly remastered by Lowry Digital, is based.

IF VHS is in really good standing, I have belief they can make it great. Near real DVD quality if not true DVD.

I am just going to enjoy it regardless.

you tell me

The old film footage, the original celluloid copies, simply don't exist anymore. As early as 1991 it was discovered that the complete material was in an extremely bad condition. Due to a flawed production, each film reel only had a life-span of approximately 6 years. Then they started to disintegrate. The material that was left was meticulously restored and thus, the THX-versions from 1995 are the only remaining original versions. On those, the Special Edition, which was again thoroughly remastered by Lowry Digital, is based.

I saw the old trilogy in the 80s and the restored versions in the 90s in the cinemas. They had the film to project it on the big screen, so I am a bit confused how was that destroyed?

Regarding THX it means nothing at all, it's just a label for sound.

In few weeks, we will all be video/audio restoration encyclopedia :) :rofl: :D

I saw the old trilogy in the 80s and the restored versions in the 90s in the cinemas. They had the film to project it on the big screen, so I am a bit confused how was that destroyed?

Regarding THX it means nothing at all, it's just a label for sound.

I don't believe originals are destroyed.

ivy;3650382 said:
From MJNA

UPDATE: We’ve just got word of another confirmed performance included on the Bad 25 DVD: The Way You Make Me Feel as part of the encore with Man in the Mirror.

Yay......only one thing to be negative about now 4 months to wait :(

All we can do is hope for the best. They are using what they have and trying to make the best they can with it.

Why do we only ever hear from the estate in response to criticism? Michael loved his fans and has the most loyal fan base of any artist but we are ignored by the estate. In my opinion the estate should have a channel on YouTube or elsewhere and keep in regular contact with Michael's fans and find out what they want. All they ever seem to do is help to close down sites and block fan videos. I'm glad they clarified the position with regard to the DVD but I think they do a very poor job with regard to communication in general.

The dvd is going to be awesome, no matter what. Many + for the estate on making the right decision and listening to the fans. 4 Months left.

Why do we only ever hear from the estate in response to criticism? Michael loved his fans and has the most loyal fan base of any artist but we are ignored by the estate. In my opinion the estate should have a channel on YouTube or elsewhere and keep in regular contact with Michael's fans and find out what they want. All they ever seem to do is help to close down sites and block fan videos. I'm glad they clarified the position with regard to the DVD but I think they do a very poor job with regard to communication in general.

I understand your frustration, but at least THIS time, they've definitely tried to do what they could....They've covered everything on the fans' wishlist for this release....In fact, MORE than I expected....

I can't wait until this gets released........this is the era I grew up with (partially Thriller, but mostly Bad), so this is gonna be amazing to finally see a full second leg pro-shot concert after waiting for so long.

And in addition, I will make the huge sacrifice to devote all of my time to sorting through the archives to find and correctly label each and every piece that is in there to the best of my ability as a long time collector........I need a job anyway......is that ok estate? :lol:

It's hard to believe that during the organization of the materials were at this level, soon in this era which for me the best MJ's phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back