7/20/09 Joe Jackson On Larry King tonight

Re: Joe Jackson On Larry King tonight

The problem is that Michael was lonely..if there was atleast just ONE person who was closest to Michael at all times..he could clarify EVERYTHING about what was going through Michael's mind..what were his decisions and intentions..how he was feeling..and even what led to his death..at this point..it almost seems like NOBODY knows what happend to Mike or what was running through his mind. Maybe Kenny Ortega or Frank Dileo?? I wish someone would just come out and lay all the crap to rest. I really hate all of this stuff that's going on after Mike's death. There's almost no respect at all...

Well, there is ONE person who loved him very much and knows everything about Michael. That person is Jesus Christ. Jesus, the Son of God, knows what happened when Michael passed away and came to experience eternal life. God created Michael. Why don't you pray to Him asking Him to give you the answers concerning Michael Jackson and his passing? I know that God has definitely revealed some things to me about Michael a long time ago before he passed away.

I certainly do NOT trust Friedman. Lol. And neither should any of u. The unnamed source thing is always a trademark of tricksters. Don't be fooled. Just sit tight and wait on facts. I really don't know who to trust right now. Some folks who call themselves 'friend' have been singlehandedly responsible for this image of MJ as a druggie. All because he has an agenda to push. I feel such feelings of anger towards those folks. Lawd help me!

I feel like the word "friend" has been so misused lately... Damn, I wish Michael would give us a sign. Anything.

Well, there is ONE person who loved him very much and knows everything about Michael. That person is Jesus Christ. Jesus, the Son of God, knows what happened when Michael passed away and came to experience eternal life. God created Michael. Why don't you pray to Him asking Him to give you the answers concerning Michael Jackson and his passing? I know that God has definitely revealed some things to me about Michael a long time ago before he passed away.

Ofcourse, God knows all..

Friedman has been on the money since the beginning. He is one of the few credible reporters on this story. I believe everything he is saying. go to showbiz411.com and see his MJ coverage and you will see that he has known everything from the beginning. I BELIEVE HIM! Joe Jackson CALLED him. Why would he lie especially since he could get sued.

When he was with FoxNews, he spewed trash and rumors about Michael almost daily over the past couple of years, he wrote terrible things about him. Did he all of a sudden get a conscious? or find Jesus?

I read what he says, but you cannot trust it as the bible.

He had an agenda for going there & I think it was to implicate AEG & the doctor in the murder of Michael.

Shame he's not articulate enough to get that point across. Jermaine should have went on. Joe has no media training.
John Lucas

I agree with this definitely! His agenda was to push out to the media that he thinks AEG had a hand in MJ's death.

I don't know if Jermaine should have gone on in his place. Jermaine ain't all that articulate either quite frankly. But I guess if I had to chose between the two then Jermaine it is. Can we vote for Marlon? He spoke so well at the memorial right then and there I decided that Marlon should be the official Jackson fam spokesperson...

LOL and Friedman said that the only people Michael was "actually blocking" was Joe and Rowe because they're both so shady.

Now THAT I believe. I'd be blocking Joe too if I were MJ.

UGH! I missed LKL I was out helping a friend get ready for her vacation but it repeats at 11 I think. Or 12. Either way I'll be up.

I just wish everyone would shut the hell up.
*Michael's this*
*Michael's that.*
*Michael did this*
*Michael did that*
Too many people from the passed acting like they know whats been happening now. Too many people pointing fingers. Too many people out for money.
Makes me wanna crawl in a hole with my ipod.

When he was with FoxNews, he spewed trash and rumors about Michael almost daily over the past couple of years, he wrote terrible things about him. Did he all of a sudden get a conscious? or find Jesus?

I read what he says, but you cannot trust it as the bible.

We all have to make our opinions whether we don't like it or not what he says. I personally think Joe and Rowe are bull. I rather believe AEG, Friedman, and TMZ over a known theif aka Rowe. I don't know why it is so hard to see. It all makes sense,IMO.The scenario he presented is totally Joe Jackson and with Rowe's history there is no way around it.

Many things about Michael were true whether good or bad. Michael was not perfect. I loved him, but he did have many flaws too.

This whole situation has changed my perspective of the Jackson family. Why isn't Michael buried. It is so disrespectful that his body is in a crypt while Joe is doing interviews along with the other brothers. He didn't want to go back to Neverland, so they need to bury him at Forest Lawns period.

Does anyone remember reading what Kathy Smith, the fitness video lady said when she met him 2 weeks before he passed? She wrote in her blog the day after Michael died that he was in the same building she was and she said he was trying to cancel a concert and she said that he said they were SO MEAN, SO MEAN. This sounds a lot like the control issues being mentioned by Joe, Leonard, Terry Harvey, etc.

http://www.kathysmith.com/blog/2009/06/

From the blog: We talked for a while. He introduced me to his children - who were sweet, beautiful, and clearly adored their father - and he told me about canceling an upcoming concert in London. “The people were so mean,” he said, visibly upset. “Just so mean.”
Oh my GOD! You see, ain't that about a BUNch of nothing:eek:. Behind the scene AEGreedy probably treated michael like crap. Oh this is so sad. I wish michael hadn't gone OUT like this. And now these fools don't care that he's gone cuz they still cashing in. SICKING:puke:

How anybody can defend AEGreedy is beyond me!:no:

Well Ernestine, ignorance is bliss I suppose. As for me I've had many years experience with Fried and I know his tricks. He'll get something from a legitimate source and then make up the rest. Its like the devil, mix a little semblance of truth with the jug of lies and pass it out as truth. What I wished he did was recorded the convo with Joe and himself. There is a reason why I put 'friend' in quotation because 99% of these were hardly even acquaintances.

That IS sad. After watching all of mj's music videos I am sad he didn't pursue acting. He's very believable on screen, imagine an entire movie!!!!
Very sad. Michael didn't like his looks and we know who to think for that. Sadly joe will never know how he damage michael esteem.:no: I don't think joe even care to find out either.:doh:

i just read kathy smith's blog....so sad :(

Well Ernestine, ignorance is bliss I suppose. As for me I've had many years experience with Fried and I know his tricks. He'll get something from a legitimate source and then make up the rest. Its like the devil, mix a little semblance of truth with the jug of lies and pass it out as truth. What I wished he did was recorded the convo with Joe and himself. There is a reason why I put 'friend' in quotation because 99% of these were hardly even acquaintances.

Roger seems to have a credible source now.
Somebody is clearly feeding him information from MJ's camp..
He's said at varous times Joe called him, Debbie called him.
Unlike when he was at Fox, where the motto there seems to be everything MIchael Jackson has to be negative or untrue, He seems to have changed his tune quite a bit about MJ in recent times...

Not saying everything he says is the gospel but somebody who was close to MJ is giving him accurate info

We all have to make our opinions whether we don't like it or not what he says. I personally think Joe and Rowe are bull. I rather believe AEG, Friedman, and TMZ over a known theif aka Rowe. I don't know why it is so hard to see. It all makes sense,IMO.The scenario he presented is totally Joe Jackson and with Rowe's history there is no way around it.

Many things about Michael were true whether good or bad. Michael was not perfect. I loved him, but he did have many flaws too.

This whole situation has changed my perspective of the Jackson family. Why isn't Michael buried. It is so disrespectful that his body is in a crypt while Joe is doing interviews along with the other brothers. He didn't want to go back to Neverland, so they need to bury him at Forest Lawns period.
AEG is shady, I trust joe and rowe on this one they had a meeting with michael to discuss business at a hotel and aeg was there , rowe said he was tryig to space out the 50 shows at michael request and they dicussed michael getting payed in pound and not the dollar, and It could be the same meeting they had about allgood entertainment

everytime joe surfaces he upsets the fans and i despise him for that.

I finally got to see this and WOW, what an interview. It was very much Larry vs Joe.

I know people here have called Larry rude, but it was interesting to finally see someone confronting Joe about his behaviour. You could see that Larry wasn't going to be intimidated by him.

"You're the father"

Exactly Larry. Why didn't he ask him about his drug use? Why didn't he talk to him about his pepsi incident? Joe himself said that it took a long time to heal.

Why doesn't he know anything about the autopsy results? He said that no one's telling him.. well Joe did you even ASK? Or is he too busy plotting his attack against AEG?

Joe said that he wished he would have forced his way to Michael. But even if he did, what would he have done? Would he have paid attention to Michael's well being? The only thing he mentioned about AEG was that they wanted to pay Michael in dollars, not pounds.

Money money money... that's what he was concerned about? If Michael was so sick then why was his biggest concern about Michael not being paid in pounds.

Watch Joe's smile as soon as Rowe brings up AEG. I don't trust this pairing, they're planning something.

And Larry... he seemed a bit protective of Michael. He acted more like the concerned father than Joe did.

Last edited:

I finally got to see this and WOW, what an interview. It was very much Larry vs Joe.

I know people here have called Larry rude, but it was interesting to finally see someone confronting Joe about his behaviour. You could see that Larry wasn't going to be intimidated by him.

"You're the father"

Exactly Larry. Why didn't he ask him about his drug use? Why didn't he talk to him about his pepsi incident? Joe himself said that it took a long time to heal.

Why doesn't he know anything about the autopsy results? He said that no one's telling him.. well Joe did you even ASK? Or is he too busy plotting his attack against AEG?

Joe said that he wished he would have forced his way to Michael. But even if he did, what would he have done? Would he have paid attention to Michael's well being? The only thing me mentioned about AEG was that they wanted to pay Michael in dollars, not pounds.

Money money money... that's what he was concerned about? If Michael was so sick then why was his biggest concern about Michael not being paid in pounds.

Watch Joe's smile as soon as Rowe brings up AEG. I don't trust this pairing, they're planning something.

And Larry... he seemed a bit protective of Michael. He acted more like the concerned father than Joe did.

yep :clapping: brilliant post

i agree about the comments of joe planning something. he may have been michael's father but he didnt know his son. didnt know his heart. he only saw $$$ where michael was concerned.

"You're the father"

Joe said that he wished he would have forced his way to Michael. But even if he did, what would he have done? Would he have paid attention to Michael's well being? The only thing he mentioned about AEG was that they wanted to pay Michael in dollars, not pounds.

Great post. Watching the interview, I strongly felt the same way about several things you mentioned.

And I don't think Larry was being rude, either. When you're the host of a live show like that, sometimes you have to cut people off or repeatedly ask for more clear answers, or sum up what has been said. We don't do all these during casual conversation and in our daily lives and so it might look rude, but Larry was just doin his job.

Joe is totally out of the loop. He denies all abuse. Whatever. It's time he owned up to his mistakes. his arrogance and ignorance about Michael and his life and feelings is emabrassing.

i just read kathy smith's blog....so sad :(

I went to read it after seeing your post and this caught my attention

We talked for a while. He introduced me to his children - who were sweet, beautiful, and clearly adored their father - and he told me about canceling an upcoming concert in London. “The people were so mean,” he said, visibly upset. “Just so mean.”

And he also danced a bit for her :(

"You're the father"

Hello! Larry cuts ppl off... that's what he does.. I've seen him interview hundreds of ppl. It's live so that's bound to happen... but this one is different. It was so clear Larry's disdain for Joe. I would definitely put Larry in the PRO MJ column. I mean I'm sure he's not a die hard fan, but that interview and this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reoohzt9Q8I

... show me what side Larry is on. Nothing but respect for MJ. I mean dang it he used MJ favorite word to describe MJ and what he was like at RFK stadium in '76, '77!!! MAGIC! MJ put that mojo on Larry at that concert and he's never been the same since. :D

But seriously, Joe is a POS. I'm SORRY there is no one that can convince me that he's ever been concerned about anything other than money when dealing with MJ. Larry felt it too. That whole interview left an awful taste in my mouth, as Joe does every time I see his fool behind pop up somewhere and start talking. Sometimes I think he's worse than all these so called "friends" who go on these shows and swear they are speaking for MJ and/or knew him so well. Joe sit DOWN.

Last edited:

I believed michael agreed to 10 shows, be relistic about it 50 shows that close together, I thought that was to many show before all this happped and I was concern about him doing those many shows so close together, I dont trust aeg or dr thome, dr thome I read before is the one that arrange the tours with aeg and thome brought dr murray on board which aeg was paying the bill, dr thome fired some of the people that was working for michael and said he did it to get michael finance in order, somthing is up with that, like latoya said the people around michael were trying to control him, somthing happen with michael and thome michael fired thome, and ask rowe for his help leonard rowe said michael ask him to stregth the shows out, and he only agreed to 10 shows, and that is the number of shows that came out of michael said during the press meeting. michael announced 10 shows not 30 or 50, I believed they were trying to control michael rowe said they were blocking him and joe from seeing michael. and when rowe did finally get a change to see michael again he said michael was to thin and he told joe and randy and they were going to try and help michael. but they did not get to him in time.

The shows were never back to back. They were 50 shows spread out over five months with a break in between. That's 10 shows a month. It's nothing like what Michael was doing during his previous tours where he was doing the show, hotel, show, plane, show, hotel, show, plane, show, hotel, show, plane routine. If this information about Michael not wanting to perform 50 shows were coming from someone more credible, then it would be easier for us to believe it. Seth Riggs, who I'm sure has nothing to gain from Michael's death, has stated flat out that Michael couldn't wait to do these gigs. Mark Lester, a friend of Michael's, has said that Michael was so excited about these concerts in London. I think it's only natural for Michael to have doubted that he could pull off 50 shows after 12 years of doing nothing. If I were Michael, I'd probably be doubting myself too. Getting back into work after a long time is a tough thing to do, because you have to get used to the routine again. But everyone from Seth Riggs, to Kenny Ortega, to dancers and musicians, have stated that Michael was ready, willing and able to kill it at the O2. We saw the video of him rehearsing 2 dies before he died, you're telling me he couldn't pull it off?

I went to read it after seeing your post and this caught my attention

And he also danced a bit for her :(

yeh that part of her blog caught my attention too....its so hearbreaking

In these moments of confusion I would have liked that Michael simply sit in a chair and began to speak his heart ... just like in this wonderful speech ....

[...] I have started reflecting on the fact that my father grew up in the South, in a very poor family. He came of age during the Depression and his own father, who struggled to feed his children, showed little affection towards his family and raised my father and his siblings with an iron fist. Who could have imagined what it was like to grow up a poor black man in the South, robbed of dignity, bereft of hope, struggling to become a man in a world that saw my father as subordinate. I was the first black artist to be played on MTV and I remember how big a deal it was even then. And that was in the 80s!

My father moved to Indiana and had a large family of his own, working long hours in the steel mills, work that kills the lungs and humbles the spirit, all to support his family. Is it any wonder that he found it difficult to expose his feelings? Is it any mystery that he hardened his heart, that he raised the emotional ramparts? And most of all, is it any wonder why he pushed his sons so hard to succeed as performers, so that they could be saved from what he knew to be a life of indignity and poverty?

I have begun to see that even my father's harshness was a kind of love, an imperfect love, to be sure, but love nonetheless. He pushed me because he loved me. Because he wanted no man ever to look down at his offspring.

And now with time, rather than bitterness, I feel blessing. In the place of anger, I have found absolution. And in the place of revenge I have found reconciliation. And my initial fury has slowly given way to forgiveness.

Almost a decade ago, I founded a charity called Heal the World. The title was something I felt inside me. Little did I know, as Shmuley later pointed out, that those two words form the cornerstone of Old Testament prophecy. Do I really believe that we can heal this world, that is riddled with war and genocide, even today? And do I really think that we can heal our children, the same children who can enter their schools with guns and hatred and shoot down their classmates, like they did at Columbine? Or children who can beat a defenceless toddler to death, like the tragic story of Jamie Bulger? Of course I do, or I wouldn't be here tonight.

But it all begins with forgiveness, because to heal the world, we first have to heal ourselves. And to heal the kids, we first have to heal the child within, each and every one of us. As an adult, and as a parent, I realise that I cannot be a whole human being, nor a parent capable of unconditional love, until I put to rest the ghosts of my own childhood.

And that's what I'm asking all of us to do tonight. Live up to the fifth of the Ten Commandments. Honour your parents by not judging them. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

That is why I want to forgive my father and to stop judging him. I want to forgive my father, because I want a father, and this is the only one that I've got. I want the weight of my past lifted from my shoulders and I want to be free to step into a new relationship with my father, for the rest of my life, unhindered by the goblins of the past.

In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

To all of you tonight who feel let down by your parents, I ask you to let down your disappointment. To all of you tonight who feel cheated by your fathers or mothers, I ask you not to cheat yourself further. And to all of you who wish to push your parents away, I ask you to extend you hand to them instead. I am asking you, I am asking myself, to give our parents the gift of unconditional love, so that they too may learn how to love from us, their children. So that love will finally be restored to a desolate and lonely world. [...]

Oxford University, March 2001

The shows were never back to back. They were 50 shows spread out over five months with a break in between. That's 10 shows a month. It's nothing like what Michael was doing during his previous tours where he was doing the show, hotel, show, plane, show, hotel, show, plane, show, hotel, show, plane routine. If this information about Michael not wanting to perform 50 shows were coming from someone more credible, then it would be easier for us to believe it. Seth Riggs, who I'm sure has nothing to gain from Michael's death, has stated flat out that Michael couldn't wait to do these gigs. Mark Lester, a friend of Michael's, has said that Michael was so excited about these concerts in London. I think it's only natural for Michael to have doubted that he could pull off 50 shows after 12 years of doing nothing. If I were Michael, I'd probably be doubting myself too. Getting back into work after a long time is a tough thing to do, because you have to get used to the routine again. But everyone from Seth Riggs, to Kenny Ortega, to dancers and musicians, have stated that Michael was ready, willing and able to kill it at the O2. We saw the video of him rehearsing 2 dies before he died, you're telling me he couldn't pull it off?

Last night on LKL Friedman said it was 50 shows spread out over "9" months which sounds a lot more doable to me. :)

Oh and I read something last night about Michael getting stage fright often and Liz Taylor telling him he just needed to get out there and do it and believe in himself. < It was much more detailed and eloquent but that's the gist. Most performers get nervous before a show. Actors go through the same thing thinking "I can't do this" and end up doing it. For Michael to make a comeback at 50 was probably half terror half exhilaration. The last part was because that's what he's made of and he'd get to take the stage again and do what was so natural to him. The first half might have been subjecting himself fresh to the media again - who I hate, by the way. Ok not real hate but I hate what they've done to him.

In these moments of confusion I would have liked that Michael simply sit in a chair and began to speak his heart ... just like in this wonderful speech ....

[...] I have started reflecting on the fact that my father grew up in the South, in a very poor family. He came of age during the Depression and his own father, who struggled to feed his children, showed little affection towards his family and raised my father and his siblings with an iron fist. Who could have imagined what it was like to grow up a poor black man in the South, robbed of dignity, bereft of hope, struggling to become a man in a world that saw my father as subordinate. I was the first black artist to be played on MTV and I remember how big a deal it was even then. And that was in the 80s!

My father moved to Indiana and had a large family of his own, working long hours in the steel mills, work that kills the lungs and humbles the spirit, all to support his family. Is it any wonder that he found it difficult to expose his feelings? Is it any mystery that he hardened his heart, that he raised the emotional ramparts? And most of all, is it any wonder why he pushed his sons so hard to succeed as performers, so that they could be saved from what he knew to be a life of indignity and poverty?

I have begun to see that even my father's harshness was a kind of love, an imperfect love, to be sure, but love nonetheless. He pushed me because he loved me. Because he wanted no man ever to look down at his offspring.

And now with time, rather than bitterness, I feel blessing. In the place of anger, I have found absolution. And in the place of revenge I have found reconciliation. And my initial fury has slowly given way to forgiveness.

Almost a decade ago, I founded a charity called Heal the World. The title was something I felt inside me. Little did I know, as Shmuley later pointed out, that those two words form the cornerstone of Old Testament prophecy. Do I really believe that we can heal this world, that is riddled with war and genocide, even today? And do I really think that we can heal our children, the same children who can enter their schools with guns and hatred and shoot down their classmates, like they did at Columbine? Or children who can beat a defenceless toddler to death, like the tragic story of Jamie Bulger? Of course I do, or I wouldn't be here tonight.

But it all begins with forgiveness, because to heal the world, we first have to heal ourselves. And to heal the kids, we first have to heal the child within, each and every one of us. As an adult, and as a parent, I realise that I cannot be a whole human being, nor a parent capable of unconditional love, until I put to rest the ghosts of my own childhood.

And that's what I'm asking all of us to do tonight. Live up to the fifth of the Ten Commandments. Honour your parents by not judging them. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

That is why I want to forgive my father and to stop judging him. I want to forgive my father, because I want a father, and this is the only one that I've got. I want the weight of my past lifted from my shoulders and I want to be free to step into a new relationship with my father, for the rest of my life, unhindered by the goblins of the past.

In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.

To all of you tonight who feel let down by your parents, I ask you to let down your disappointment. To all of you tonight who feel cheated by your fathers or mothers, I ask you not to cheat yourself further. And to all of you who wish to push your parents away, I ask you to extend you hand to them instead. I am asking you, I am asking myself, to give our parents the gift of unconditional love, so that they too may learn how to love from us, their children. So that love will finally be restored to a desolate and lonely world. [...]

Oxford University, March 2001

That was beautiful. I can't be crying right now dang it, I gotta go to work! :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFDkyglJYk4

And after listening to that speech... It pains me to say this but he's right. Damn I hate to admit that but its true. I just want to have this anger towards the man that is Joe Jackson but I guess if MJ found it in his heart to try and forgive him then I guess I can as well. As much as I think I know and can tell about Joe, MJ would be the one to know him better than I ever will, he was his father after all. I mean it aint gonna be all roses and kittens for Joe but I guess I can try.

Last edited:

I do not trust Rowe. Some have asked how would he benefit if he isn't telling the truth. He benefits from getting publicity. He is trying to connect himself to MJ history. He is far too quick to label Michael as an addict. If he was that concerned about him, he would have spoke out about it before now.

It looks like Rowe & Joe wanted to control Michael but they were unable to, so they feel compelled to say Michael was controlled by others. Maybe he was up to an extent, but I think they are angry that they were not the ones to do it.

I do not trust Rowe. Some have asked how would he benefit if he isn't telling the truth. He benefits from getting publicity. He is trying to connect himself to MJ history. He is far too quick to label Michael as an addict. If he was that concerned about him, he would have spoke out about it before now.

It looks like Rowe & Joe wanted to control Michael but they were unable to, so they feel compelled to say Michael was controlled by others. Maybe he was up to an extent, but I think they are angry that they were not the ones to do it.

Rowe could easily benefit financially too. If Rowe and Joe go after AEG, you can be sure that he'll get cut of whatever money they make.

Back