Your Rarest MJ Item?

Your name rings a bell, were you the guy who posted on the main collectors thread a year or two ago and had a huge room dedicated to your collection with glass cabinets etc.? also, how can you afford what you purchase? Do you have an average salary and just not spend it on anything but essentials and mj or a cool job? just curious.

No, that wasn't me. I certainly don't have a room with glass cabinets, etc--but I did see the photos from the person you are referring to--an amazing and very museum-like collection--total envy for that!!

The issue of 'afford' is a bit complex. 'Afford' has many meanings--such as putting things on credit cards and hoping somehow you can eventually pay for the stuff you bought--lol.

Anyway, regarding my own waaaay more modest collection, the most expensive item I have is the sketch by Dennis Tompkins that I got at the Julien's auction that Michael Bush had--where Lady Gaga bought the iconic costumes. I did not want to pay over $1K for anything but I kept being outbid so I realized if I wanted anything at all, I had to raise my bid.

I am really glad I went for it now b/c I enjoy looking at the sketch a lot and it makes me feel good. Some of the things, like the 'MJ for President' poster, were inexpensive--it was $20.

My rarest items are:

12" vinyl "Smile" with picture cover
12" vinyl singles "Is It Scary" with black and white cover
CD HIStory In-Store-Play CD
Australian CD single "Gone Too Soon"

... and many more!!!

L.O.V.E. your rare MJ items that you guys have. These are another rare MJ item of mine. As far as I know these 2 bears are rare.

DSCI0023.jpg

Turns out as far as I know. You can't get them anywhere anymore. Ebay or Amazon.com does not have them any more. And I got both of them from Amazon.com. Red and black were the only 2 colors they came in. Since they are Michael's favorite colors. These bears back when I first saw them on Amazon. Has said that they were suppose to have been sold during the This Is It concerts. That very sadly never took place.:(

Back