Your Rarest MJ Item?

My Ultimate Collection Boxset signed:

For Thijs, Love Michael Jackson

i have so many, loool but i will chose at leat 5 of them and post pictures;D

I have the BEN L.P. ---WITH the rats on the cover.
There were only a limited number pressed, before the rats were taken off.
The Dangerous pop--up.
1st Edition Dancing the Dream
1st Edition Moonwalk.
Ghosts video.
The box set of the Visionary CD/DVD's
possibly some other things--and I treasure them all.
Dawn

ChrissyBrown... WOW... that's all I can say!

I'm not much of a collector, but ... let's see... I used to have tons of 12" singles, but they got stolen out of my mom's garage years ago :rolleyes2:. What do I have that could be rare? Probably nothing really. I do have:

* A square held up by an audience member for Heal the World at the Superbowl
* An unopened can of Pepsi with the Victory Tour design (imagine what's inside now, lolol)
* Scrapbooks with old Thriller-era stickers and articles from newspapers (that I had enhanced with lots of pink glitter-ink statements like "I LOVE MJ FOREVER!" Hehe. Ah, vestiges of childhood, although it's all still just as true...)

Last edited:
1984 record player

michael-jackson-record-player-677871.jpg

michael-jackson-record-player.jpg

I dont know if these are particularly rare but I have original 1978 Off the Wall LP and 1988 Moonwalk book

Darn, I gave my copy of "MoonwalK' 1st edition away to a fundraising event many years ago and dont half regret it now! I found some binoculars while cleaning out the garage today with "Michael Jackson History World Tour" on them. I forgot I had them,bought them at the Auckland NZ concert in November 1996.

^ Is Moonwalk 1st edition rare? Really, I don't know, so I'm asking. I just remember making my mom drive me to the bookstore the day it was released to buy it, lol. I even saved the receipt. It's funny... I always saved receipts for things back then as if someday I'd need to prove to some unknown someone that I really bought everything the second it was available. :lol: Did anyone else do that?

Rarest would be Scream Promo - Austria, lol. And Dangeours pop up - still facotry sealed.

It's funny... I always saved receipts for things back then as if someday I'd need to prove to some unknown someone that I really bought everything the second it was available. :lol: Did anyone else do that?
I thought I was the only one! Everyone thinks I'm totally weird because I have all the receipts for every MJ CD/DVD that I've bought. lol

^ Is Moonwalk 1st edition rare? Really, I don't know, so I'm asking. I just remember making my mom drive me to the bookstore the day it was released to buy it, lol. I even saved the receipt. It's funny... I always saved receipts for things back then as if someday I'd need to prove to some unknown someone that I really bought everything the second it was available. :lol: Did anyone else do that?

:yes: Not really too prove it, but just too collect and being sentimental.
I have them in my journals and I also saved the stickers off CD's & DVD's etc. :lol:

I thought I was the only one! Everyone thinks I'm totally weird because I have all the receipts for every MJ CD/DVD that I've bought. lol
:yes: Not really too prove it, but just too collect and being sentimental.
I have them in my journals and I also saved the stickers off CD's & DVD's etc. :lol:
:lmao: Ok, good, lol. Yeah, part of it of course is the sentimental thing. But I remember being like 15 and thinking in a way that the receipt kind of proves something somehow, lolol. It's all rather silly in the end, of course :wub: I guess I don't have the receipt from when I bought Invincible, though :eek: LOL. Over the years that became less important. Although my jewelry box (for lack of a better place at the moment) contains all 12 of our TII theater ticks lol. Glad others do this too, though :punk:

Not my rarest but my newest MJ item that im proud of is a glow in a rubber duck dressed in the BAD jacket with the hair and everything called Michael Quackson. He lights up when you put him in water! :D

Not my rarest but my newest MJ item that im proud of is a glow in a rubber duck dressed in the BAD jacket with the hair and everything called Michael Quackson. He lights up when you put him in water! :D

I saw a picture of those. I wanted one but all the sites I found that sell them were sold out. }: They're adorable.

1984 record player

michael-jackson-record-player-677871.jpg

michael-jackson-record-player.jpg

Ooh, I bought that same record player for my niece for her birthday back in the 80's. But she no longer has it. I guess she or her mother threw it out. Geez, where's the sentimentality? There's a pic of my niece posing with it in my Facebook photos. Good thing I had the forethought to take that photo! :)

:lmao: Ok, good, lol. Yeah, part of it of course is the sentimental thing. But I remember being like 15 and thinking in a way that the receipt kind of proves something somehow, lolol. It's all rather silly in the end, of course :wub: I guess I don't have the receipt from when I bought Invincible, though :eek: LOL. Over the years that became less important. Although my jewelry box (for lack of a better place at the moment) contains all 12 of our TII theater ticks lol. Glad others do this too, though :punk:

I guess it's us then :lol: I think it's pretty cool thing to do.. :wub:

OMG I just seen what my 1980's Thriller doll sales for on Ebay OMG That's freaking crazy.. I am not salen' mine for nothing. Jeeze.

I love the backpack! :wild:

I don't think I own anything rare but I've got some things which are dear to me:

- An old Michael Jackson Trivia book circa 1984. some of the questions here are seriously difficult to answer.
- Smooth Criminal Japanese single import circa. 1996 which I bought in New York when I was 12 and a new young fan. :D The remixes on this single are really cool.
- Moonwalker on VHS. I couldn't find Moonwalker anywhere in my country in the late 90's until I stumbled upon it at some clearance sale bin. It was a good feeling. Ah, those were good times.

Back