Your Rarest MJ Item?

i guess mine would my "smile" release collection (2 cd´s + vinyl), that are considered "rare". but what i would miss most is my ticket to the history tour in 1997 for the history tour here in munich.

:lmao: Ok, good, lol. Yeah, part of it of course is the sentimental thing. But I remember being like 15 and thinking in a way that the receipt kind of proves something somehow, lolol. It's all rather silly in the end, of course :wub: I guess I don't have the receipt from when I bought Invincible, though :eek: LOL. Over the years that became less important. Although my jewelry box (for lack of a better place at the moment) contains all 12 of our TII theater ticks lol. Glad others do this too, though :punk:

I kept the theater tickets as well. :yes:

So I'm not alone after all...:lol: Mine is still in my wallet from November. I figure it's the closest thing to a concert ticket. :(

Signed MJ doll from the 80's still in the box. I saw him personally sign it when I went to see his "homecoming" to Gary, Indiana in 2003. One of the best days of my life :)

My rarest items are the Japanese 8cm CD single series that came out right after the first Japanese BAD tour. They contain the real 7" single mix of Off The Wall and Human Nature, and 7" single edit of Rock With You (the same mix as the one on the re-issued Off The Wall album, but edited) and Thriller (short intro, no rap in the end). I've never seen these single versions anywhere else on CD format.

I wanted to post a photo, but I guess I don't have a permission to do that...

I dont really have a rare Michael's item. I only have his books. Apart from that, the rarest and priceless was that I have Michael in my mind,heart and best of all my greatest fantasy.. ^^

My Ultimate Collection Boxset signed:

For Thijs, Love Michael Jackson

:)

Well I have alot of rare things but something that was very special to me was my Truth Justice Michael wristband from 2005

What's that lovey? :)

Lol My friend was invited to Neverland a few times each time getting a gift bag. The 1st time she met Michael. They became friends.Keeping in contact by phone calls or letters.
When Juliens Auction was promoted she flew over to pretty much make sure it didn't happen & if it did go ahead that Michael's belongings went to people who were close to him. When Michael called the auction off he invited my friend to choose some belongings. So she bought some furniture & a bronze statue + other garden statues :) Very special!

Amazing!

What you waitin for? A huge offer for you to put out to the FANS?

Tellin pointless lies, when theres no need.

Thanks for that mate. Greatly appreciated comment.

Let me just remind you of a certain track by the name of "We Be Ballin'". I purchased both tracks for 3/4 of a grand with my own hard-earned money to share with the fans.

Regards,
Micky.

i have near to brand new LP vinyl's of Off the wall, Forever Michael, Thriller, Bad and Singles from thriller and bad + cassettes. They all have the old epic logo.

Thanks for that mate. Greatly appreciated comment.

Let me just remind you of a certain track by the name of "We Be Ballin'". I purchased both tracks for 3/4 of a grand with my own hard-earned money to share with the fans.

Regards,
Micky.

What can I do. You just say "unreleased tracks". And nothin' else. Gotta expect someone to speak out and say dont lie, just leak em to the fans. My bad, I guess.

Mine is Dangerous 3D first print and the Official Michael Jackson opus which is on the delivery……

I got a thriller jacket when I was 4 years old, My mother stayed in line for 6 1/2 hours to get it, I RULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE **Moonwalks**

...my rarest item is my Jackson':unsure:s Victory Tour Jacket...love it. Also my Human Nature poster..I hate when people accidentally touch it.lol

Someone Put Your Hand Out 3" CD single & the slightly less rare Dangerous Pop Up.

BAD Signed Keyboard Book, Sealed Thriller/Off The Wall/Forever, Michael/BAD/HIStory Vinyl's, Sealed ET Storybook Vinyl, Unused Mint 1988 Milton Keynes ticket, Mint HIStory Tour Program, Sealed 1972 J5 Chrismtas Casette, Limited Edition Sealed Black Or White 12'' Vinyl & some more! ooh and 14 sealed Someone Put your Hand Out Cassettes.. i plan on buying more items in the future..

Is It Scary 12" Black sleeve vinyl.
Smooth Criminal 12" Moonwalker sleeve vinyl.
Signed Rolling Stone Magazine. (Michael/Goofy caricature)
2 Moonwalk first editions (one with damaged sleeve)
Who Is It radio promo CD
Scream radio promo CD
Dangerous mini disc
Self taken photos from WMCIG Germany and Sony demo/killer Thriller party
Thriller 9 7" singles red vinyl set
Bad 5 Square 7" vinyls set
Someone Put Your Hand Out promo cassette
BOTDF Cannes tester cassette (handed out and Ghosts premier)

And probably more stuff I just can't remember off the top of my head.

P.S. What is the point in #1 keeping things sealed? and #2 buying tickets for shows long gone? This kind of collecting "logic" baffle me!

Is It Scary 12" Black sleeve vinyl.
Smooth Criminal 12" Moonwalker sleeve vinyl.
Signed Rolling Stone Magazine. (Michael/Goofy caricature)
2 Moonwalk first editions (one with damaged sleeve)
Who Is It radio promo CD
Scream radio promo CD
Dangerous mini disc
Self taken photos from WMCIG Germany and Sony demo/killer Thriller party
Thriller 9 7" singles red vinyl set
Bad 5 Square 7" vinyls set
Someone Put Your Hand Out promo cassette
BOTDF Cannes tester cassette (handed out and Ghosts premier)

And probably more stuff I just can't remember off the top of my head.

P.S. What is the point in #1 keeping things sealed? and #2 buying tickets for shows long gone? This kind of collecting "logic" baffle me!

#1 why would you unseal them? i prefer my items to be pristine. #2 they are collector items.

Rarest thing I own probably this statue of him wearing the gold pants outfit from HIStory Tour. I bought it on Ebay over a year ago and have yet to see this exact same statue pop up again.

IMG_3279_zps0b5a3197.jpg~original

You can even change the head on it. O_O

IMG_3281_zpsda976746.jpg~original

Rarest thing I own probably this statue of him wearing the gold pants outfit from HIStory Tour. I bought it on Ebay over a year ago and have yet to see this exact same statue pop up again.

IMG_3279_zps0b5a3197.jpg~original

You can even change the head on it. O_O

DUUUUUUUDE THAT IS SO COOL! I'm so jealous :p

How much was it? I know its a statue but I've always wanted an MJ action figure...

#1 why would you unseal them? i prefer my items to be pristine. #2 they are collector items.

Myself personally, I would probably unseal them so I could actually use what I paid for! I imagine I'd only keep it sealed if
a) it was super super super rare
b) i already had a copy of it (so if I got a signed record of Thriller, I'd definitely keep it sealed)
c) I can admire it even if sealed (like, idk a signed photograph or something)

:)

DUUUUUUUDE THAT IS SO COOL! I'm so jealous :p

How much was it? I know its a statue but I've always wanted an MJ action figure...

It was $200, but after shipping (it was from China) it came out to around $240. Not bad, actually. Unfortunately it doesn't stand up very well; you have to lean it against the stand with that little handle thingy he's holding as the only support. I actually broke off that thing by accident just two weeks after getting it because I bumped the dresser it was on and grabbed for it thinking it would fall...and wound up snapping it off from the force of grabbing it and the stand together so hard. >.< Luckily I managed to glue the handle back on, and it seems about the same as it was before, but I'm still kicking myself for damaging it in the first place. I feel like I brought bad luck to Michael by doing so... :(

The most rare I suppose are two sketches that I bought at the Bush Julien's Auction. One is a costume sketch by Dennis Tompkins and MJ signed it, and the other is a sketch of a costume for the dancers in the performance of Will You Be There signed by MJ.

I bought a small rug that was in the Carolwood House when MJ rented it (another Julien's auction).

Another couple of rare-ish items is a poster that says "Michael Jackson for President" with a photo taken from the Thriller album, and a J5 album with MJ's photo in color on the vinyl (it's a greatest hits album--14 of the J5's greatest hits). These last 2 I got from someone who is a dealer in antique photos and she found them for me. I love the poster and got it framed.

I have a photo of MJ and Jermaine (black and white photo) when MJ was about 13-14. I think he was on tour in Japan when it was taken.I don't have the negative, just the photo. A guy was selling a collection of black and white photos from that tour, some were really cool, like of MJ with Rose Fine (his tutor) but he wanted 4k for the entire collection!!

I also have first editions of DTD and Moonwalk.

Nice to read about all the special items people have.

Last edited:
I think my rarest item is the E.T. Storybook. I just got it a month and a half ago from a family friend in California.

Great logic there, that way the nest person to own its gets the best out of it..... =S I only keep shit sealed if I have it already unsealed. Don't care how rare it is, if I paid for it I am gonna use it. I would take an unopened rare vinyl, film me opening it and playing it, just to piss elitists off ;) hehe
And I know tick stubs are collectors items, what I don't understand is why? What is the attraction to piece of paper from a show you didn't attend and never will? I mean people pay more for them than they would for a ticket to an actual show, its ridiculous. I understand if the ticket is signed. But outside of that I just don;t see the attraction.

The most rare I suppose are two sketches that I bought at the Bush Julien's Auction. One is a costume sketch by Dennis Tompkins and MJ signed it, and the other is a sketch of a costume for the dancers in the performance of Will You Be There signed by MJ.

I bought a small rug that was in the Carolwood House when MJ rented it (another Julien's auction).

Another couple of rare-ish items is a poster that says "Michael Jackson for President" with a photo taken from the Thriller album, and a J5 album with MJ's photo in color on the vinyl (it's a greatest hits album--14 of the J5's greatest hits). These last 2 I got from someone who is a dealer in antique photos and she found them for me. I love the poster and got it framed.

I have a photo of MJ and Jermaine (black and white photo) when MJ was about 13-14. I think he was on tour in Japan when it was taken.I don't have the negative, just the photo. A guy was selling a collection of black and white photos from that tour, some were really cool, like of MJ with Rose Fine (his tutor) but he wanted 4k for the entire collection!!

I also have first editions of DTD and Moonwalk.

Nice to read about all the special items people have.

Your name rings a bell, were you the guy who posted on the main collectors thread a year or two ago and had a huge room dedicated to your collection with glass cabinets etc.? also, how can you afford what you purchase? Do you have an average salary and just not spend it on anything but essentials and mj or a cool job? just curious.

Back