Wil.i.am talks about the Michael Jackson Collaboration

dangerous dave

Proud Member
At the 2010 BET Awards, Will.i.am talks with Access’ Shaun Robinson about working with Michael Jackson in 2006, but will the public hear the end product from their collaboration? Also, what were some of his favorite Michael songs?

Once again, he stated that he will not release the tracks, damn!! :(
And he's also said the songs are not complete wich is a lie because some are completed..

here's the interview
http://www.accesshollywood.com/will...laboration-with-michael-jackson_video_1236151

If the tracks were completed why would he say they werent? Surely he would know more then the estate/sony.

Maybe oneday Michael's kids will authorise the release and then Will.I.Am might change his mind. Michael was obviously planning for the songs to be released oneday otherwise why bother even starting a recording? I see what Will is saying but I dont really agree...

I want to hear this songs and I don`t care that they are not finished!

Looks like we won't be gettin them anytime soon :(

I hate Will.I.am for that. Look I understand him, but he said he was gonna release songs on the BEP album and now he is saying he will not release them at all. what's the matter with this man

Can the estate take the tracks from him and release them?? or both parties must agree to release the songs !?

Now we can be sure that the tracks are not gonna be on the new album.
I am so pissed, I was looking forward to it, and some songs are finished. if the songs were demo's then I would not care. Will have no respect for us, the fans

They can't take the tracks from him no matter what. He has to agree by signature to their release.

I want to hear this songs and I don`t care that they are not finished!

He's respecting MJ. He feels to release something that MJ specifically decided not to release would be a betrayal to him. And God know he had enough of betrayal in his life.
I want to hear them, too, but I totally get Wil's. stand.

Just put it on a personal level which it is for Wil. MJ specifically asks you not to do something in life, and you do it after he dies.

I'm heartbroken... The Future would have been a great track. Check out this fan made instrumental demo using the drum pattern from access hollywood. It's not studio quality but gives you a feel for what could have been The Future :(

[youtube]YlUJwbAiebw[/youtube]

Surely the songs can't be that great if he doesn't want nobody but himself to have them. I mean if they were super duper songs wouldn't you want the whole world to hear them?

As I've stated before, I'm torn on this subject.

On one hand I totally respect Will's decision to hold on to the songs. If they weren't finished, Mike might not have wanted us to hear them.

On the other hand, the new album would benefit significantly from the inclusion of at least on MJ/Will.i.am collaboration. He is a popular producer right now and a true MJ fan. Having his name on the album and having him promoting it would be awesome from a marketing point of view. It would also gain interest from the younger generation who may not yet be MJ fans - they'll take an interest if Will is involved. Gaining younger fans is an important objective of the estate for MJ's longevity. elvis and the Beatles have only remained so big all these years because they manage to appeal to new generations.
Perhaps if MJ could speak to Will from the afterlife he might give his blessing for Will to finish the song and release it. I know if Mike knew they were going to release a posthumous album, he would want it to be the biggest posthumous album EVER! By witholding these songs Will.i.am is handycapping the album. Not that it NEEDS Will.i.am, but because it would definitely be an advantage to have his name on the cover.

I know i'm in the minority here but i honestly don't care about the tracks that MJ worked with Will i am on. I really don't think that Will i am is that great of a producer, he's ok but he isn't amazing. I'd like to check the songs out but i'm not desperate to have them on the new album.

Well .. now that we can cross those tracks off the list can we all start petitioning to have the REDONE tracks on the album???? Redone has already expressed interest in releasing the material (if for charity etc) and he said he has up to 12 songs in various states of completeness .. some are releasable. He's a way better producer than will.i.am anyway.

Anyone with me on this ?? You know the tracks he did with REDONE will all be dance songs .. cos that's what REDONE does !!

Will have no respect for us, the fans

I'm sorry but that is just wrong. I'd rather much Will respected Michael's wishes (Which we don't know so people should stop with their "I wanna hear these now!" ish!) than respecting the fans wishes. People are too greedy and should get over themselves.

3 tracks are completed and would've been on the new album if Michael was still with us.

Will.i.am has directly lied to the public. Him and MJ did complete 3 songs, and a 4th one remains half finished and has the potential to be completed with proper studio work. (In other interviews Wil has admitted this) It's a shame they won't make the album because the fans would really enjoy hearing them.

I am not a fan of Will. I. am, but I will listen to the songs if Michael is on them.

Will.I.Am is being selfish and one would have to think this is money related.

This changes my opinion about him. He's lied to the public.

It's a darn shame because I have a feeling these songs are really good.

Will.I.Am is being selfish and one would have to think this is money related.

This changes my opinion about him. He's lied to the public.

It's a darn shame because I have a feeling these songs are really good.

Damn right he lied to us and the public.
remember he said he wanted to release some on the black eyed peas album and now he's not.

The estate has heard these tracks. They ARE COMPLETED.

What songs, derek? the will i am tracks or redone's
I hope redone comes on board and gives permission to put the songs on the album. We can put Will.I.am out of the picture now, but I feel sad

There's still time to ask redone if he wants to release his work I guess...

What songs, derek? the will i am tracks or redone's
I hope redone comes on board and gives permission to put the songs on the album. We can put Will.I.am out of the picture now, but I feel sad

There's still time to ask redone if he wants to release his work I guess...

They have heard the Will.I.Am tracks. Michael had a copy of the songs on his computer. So does Will.I.Am.

It's all about $$$.

Some friend he was to Michael.

I agree. i don't like Will I am anymore
he's the only one acting selfish about this project.
I respect Will's wishes but why keep 3 completed songs for yourself. the world needs to hear them that's why it's called music stupid will i am
if it's about money sure the estate would pay him enough

They have heard the Will.I.Am tracks. Michael had a copy of the songs on his computer. So does Will.I.Am.

Oh, I see.
So they have these full songs and they can put it on the album if they want. it's right in their hands...
I am sure the estate will release some songs that we MIGHT not like. So on the same hand we could hear better songs of Will I am.

Maybe there's still a chance, I just keep hoping guys:)

Back