Who Should Star In The 'We Are The World' Remake?

I think its great that they are re recording it. Especially with it being the 25th anniversary it is a great idea

I'm gonna see how it turns out before I make a judgement.

The answer is simple: everyone who can sing should. I don't care about names.

I totally agree! This is the best post I've read in this topic. :clapping:
You guys seem to be missing the real point here.Sure,it's insulting to re-record the song and wonder if Michael's vocals should be kept and it is insulting to compare some of the great original artists to some of the actual ones,but try to leave these things aside.The main idea of the project is to raise money for the ones that really,desperately need it now.What happened in Haiti is just horrible! Nobody should have to go through such a thing!We should think about them,first!
Wasn't Michael's message to love and help one another?!Also,wasn't Michael the one that always turned the other cheek?We are Michael Jackson's fans - he was one of the most hunted and hated artists in the history,for no real reason,and yet,he fought for love and humanity and turned his other cheek.Have we learned nothing? I mean,all this talk about "Justin is this,Usher is that,Prince is X,etc,etc,etc.".Who cares about this stuff?! The important thing is that these people are willing to help the ones that really need help now,in the best way they know how - by singing.Let them do that!

And,no,I'm not saying that "one can't have his opinion".I'm am just saying that this situation is far more serious than argues about "who is a real artist and who is not".

So I'm just going to pretend that I didn't read the JT thing..cause Michael is untouchable!!!! So...no.:glare:

IMO.. "We Are The World" sould NOT be remade!!!! Re-release it. They shouldn't tamper with a legendary song and collaboration. If it ain't broke..don't fix it!:closedeyes:
:yes::yes:

You guys seem to be missing the real point here.Sure,it's insulting to re-record the song and wonder if Michael's vocals should be kept and it is insulting to compare some of the great original artists to some of the actual ones,but try to leave these things aside.The main idea of the project is to raise money for the ones that really,desperately need it now.What happened in Haiti is just horrible! Nobody should have to go through such a thing!We should think about them,first!
Wasn't Michael's message to love and help one another?!Also,wasn't Michael the one that always turned the other cheek?We are Michael Jackson's fans - he was one of the most hunted and hated artists in the history,for no real reason,and yet,he fought for love and humanity and turned his other cheek.Have we learned nothing? I mean,all this talk about "Justin is this,Usher is that,Prince is X,etc,etc,etc.".Who cares about this stuff?! The important thing is that these people are willing to help the ones that really need help now,in the best way they know how - by singing.Let them do that!

And,no,I'm not saying that "one can't have his opinion".I'm am just saying that this situation is far more serious than argues about "who is a real artist and who is not".

there are people giving money, despite the rerecording. the recording isn't really needed. so..people are showing compassion, first and foremost. they shouldn't be made to feel guilty if they don't like the sound of a song. it's better to be a cheerful giver, than someone who has to look over their shoulder, feeling guilty, because others are watching, wondering if you like a song, and are willing to buy it, even if you don't like it..in order to be charitable.

Michael still made sure that the best musical product was put out there.

using charity to make people feel guilty about their feelings about a song, is unfair.

I understand what you are saying

but the issue is not about not wanting to spread love, awareness, peace, etc etc etc.

We all want that, and it would be great to do that through song which is why they should record a brand new song instead of recycling an older one.

I think the purpose of the original was to have an everlasting impact and that is exactly what it did. Why make a new song???

Sweat and tears were put into that song to accomplish the goal, this will be nothing like that and I honestly do not think remaking the song is going to have the same impact, this is why I say record a brand new song with a brand new message.

If its JUST todays pop stars then . . . .

Usher, Justin Timberlake, Alicia Keys, John Legend, Lady GaGa, Beyonce, Jason Mraz, Jennifer Hudson, Caleb Followill ( Kings of Leon lead singer), Carrie Underwood, Kanye West, Christina Aguilera, Katy Perry, Shakira, Adam Levine, Pink.

credit where credits due, Justin can sing.

But he's no Michael Jackson.

Justin Beiber has just tweeted announcing he is in it

Oh sweet Jesus. What the hell kind of re-make is this?
And Eminem? After how he's insulted Michael, he's singing on a song that was written by him? What the hell is going on...

All I'm saying is Michael's vocals better be on that track...

Jack Black and Eminem? They both bashed MJ! So, NO! Don't want them on the record!
Other than that I am generally open minded towards anyone who wants to contribute, as long as it isn't someone who has been disrespectful towards Michael.
By the way, maybe I'm living on the moon or something, but who is Justin Bieber? I have never heard of him :blush:
Well, and there's also the possibility to ask the original stars to re-record the song.

Jack Black and Eminem? They both bashed MJ! So, NO! Don't want them on the record!
Other than that I am generally open minded towards anyone who wants to contribute, as long as it isn't someone who has been disrespectful towards Michael.
By the way, maybe I'm living on the moon or something, but who is Justin Bieber? I have never heard of him :blush:
Well, and there's also the possibility to ask the original stars to re-record the song.

Girl just be glad you don't know him. Enjoy it while you can.

Anyways, there will be WAR if Eminem or Jack Black ever performs for this....
Have Quincy lost his marbles or something? He has enough talent (right?) to create a new song that would suit everyone and be the new anthem for this generation.

Don't do this Q! For the love you used to have for Mike... Dont... :_;

Whaaaat??!!!

I also read that Eminem will be doing the song. :ninja: The same guy who disrespected Michael will be singing a song Mike wrote?? What is Quincy smoking!!!

This is where my problem gets bigger

putting Emonem in this song will defeat the purpose
this song is about love, caring etc etc and throwing a hateful person like Eminem in it is just disrespectful....and if Paris and Prince are going to be apart of it then that is just disrespectful.

They are destroying not only a classic but it's purpose.

It seems to me like no one really cares about the meaning of the song or the people of Haiti.

RECORD A NEW SONG!!!!

TMZ is outside the studio live. Lady just told them 3T is there

I think the TMZ guy said Randy is there and I htink I saw him walk by but too far away

I'm sorry I need to block this from my memory

this is heartbreaking, no one knows how upset I am right now.

I feel like this isnt even about Haiti anymore, it's more about trying to fill shoes.

Did you see any teenyboppers in the original?? NO!
so get Justin Beiber out of here!!!

This song was serious business and should not just be randomly given away to mainstream garbage. It stood the test of time why wreck it???

If Paris, Prince, and 3T are involved they have my support but that's about it.

The message would be better if they recorded a new song.

How is Rihanna a replacement for Tina? She's not even a replacement for Bob Dylan. :p

Hey, don't disrespect! Bob's a legend!

This new version is just going to SUCK compared to the original. :no: I didn't like how Lionel said on the E! Red Carpet Show that the original artists are "handing on the baton" to a batch of new artists. You don't have to be a certain age to be the world.

Will it be just US artists like the original? I'm guessing not seeing as Rihanna has been mentioned.

Ryan Seacrest has something to do with it Lionel said....UGH WTF?

Pink, Jonas Brothers, Jordin Sparks, Celine Dion, Usher, Nicole Ritchie, Tony Bennett are all part of it

I'm sorry I need to block this from my memory

this is heartbreaking, no one knows how upset I am right now.

I feel like this isnt even about Haiti anymore, it's more about trying to fill shoes.

Did you see any teenyboppers in the original?? NO!
so get Justin Beiber out of here!!!

This song was serious business and should not just be randomly given away to mainstream garbage.

If Paris, Prince, and 3T are involved they have my support but that's about it.

AGREE. I'm heartbroken too. Michael will never be replaced. :cry:

Back