US Presidential Election ... [All recent threads merged here]

I'm still trying to register it :p But if this isn't a dream, this is such a historic day...and I am just speechless. 40 years or so ago, if you told anyone that this was gonna happen, no one would believe you.

Amazing. (sniff)

This country has come sooo far. It is hard to take in, I'm still in shock and its still hard to believe. We still have work to do as a society but this is a nice new step in the right direction.

haha i was crying.

Someone pinch me. LOL

Did America just elect a BLACK president?

For real?

For serious?

This has got to be a dream. LOL

I'm still trying to register it :p But if this isn't a dream, this is such a historic day...and I am just speechless. 40 years or so ago, if you told anyone that this was gonna happen, no one would believe you.

Amazing. (sniff)

No, it is not a dream. It is real. YES, America just elected a BLACK president. We elected a man who is supremely qualified for this totally important job. It may prove to be that he is the best president we've ever had. He knows the challenges he faces, and he is up for it. We are truly blessed tonight.

Vic

Nice one to everyone else around the world (especially Bob George) that stayed up and reported things for other or just supported Obama.
No worries mate. I didn't stay up at all. It's 5pm in the afternoon here. Obama's win was announce just after lunch time or thereabouts. So I didn't really go out of my way.

lol I'm in Missouri and the big reason is because most of us are spread out rural conservatives outshined by the concentration of people in just 3 liberal cities!
I know, I'm just curious I suppose to see how those states turn out because they're battleground states. It looks like Indiana and North Carolina have gone to Obama. No one is reporting it. But 100% of the votes have been counted in IN and NC and Obama has come out on top by a small margin. MO and MT look like they're going to McCain. So the electoral college will probably end up being 364 - 174. A landslide win for President Obama!

haha i was crying.

Someone pinch me. Lol

did america just elect a black president?

For real?

For serious?

This has got to be a dream. Lol

i'm still trying to register it :p but if this isn't a dream, this is such a historic day...and i am just speechless. 40 years or so ago, if you told anyone that this was gonna happen, no one would believe you.

Amazing. (sniff)

yes!! I hear ya. Thi s a amazing news.
Now we can have hope for the future again..

I've been crying the hole day.
Still in shock & very happy

:):;)

congratulations, america! u have spoken and has just re-shaped history by electing your first black president in the person of barack obama!! surely, this is a landmark event which ,just years ago, is so unthinkable but it happened!

after the euphoria has died down, barack will be put to test as a very huge responsibility is in the offing. i pray, that may he live up to expectations and may he be guided in all of his decisions and actions bec. this is a very defining moment for him and everyone who carried him to victory.

congratulations!!

Just woken up here in the UK and put the news on to find that Barack Obama has won.
THANK GOD, my faith in the American people has been re-established.
I love Americans and now I love you all even more.
Congratulations America

congratulations, america! u have spoken and has just re-shaped history by electing your first black president in the person of barack obama!! surely, this is a landmark event which ,just years ago, is so unthinkable but it happened!

after the euphoria has died down, barack will be put to test as a very huge responsibility is in the offing. i pray, that may he live up to expectations and may he be guided in all of his decisions and actions bec. this is a very defining moment for him and everyone who carried him to victory.

congratulations!!

Thank you.

I feel a kind of validation, in working so hard for his campaign. I really believe that he is the best person for this job.

I think he IS up to the task. May he remain in all of our prayers.

Vic

Just woken up here in the UK and put the news on to find that Barack Obama has won.
THANK GOD, my faith in the American people has been re-established.
I love Americans and now I love you all even more.
Congratulations America

Thank you. We did our best, and we Americans will try to be worthy of your trust.

Vic

Thank you.

I feel a kind of validation, in working so hard for his campaign. I really believe that he is the best person for this job.

I think he IS up to the task. May he remain in all of our prayers.

Vic
and a worlwide survery (even if the whole world cannot vote!) thinks so too! maybe bec. the world looks up to america and saw that obama is the change we have all been waiting for.

believing that world's economy and politics is largely shaped by policies set by the united states, i have nothing but prayers for obama that may he make a good president not only of the united states but as a leader of a new world

No, it is not a dream. It is real. YES, America just elected a BLACK president. We elected a man who is supremely qualified for this totally important job. It may prove to be that he is the best president we've ever had. He knows the challenges he faces, and he is up for it. We are truly blessed tonight.
amen.

Found this shot of Jesse Jackson crying after the results were announced. I thought it was very touching.

amen.

Found this shot of Jesse Jackson crying after the results were announced. I thought it was very touching.

Many people are crying tonight. Tears of joy. I just hope we are worthy of your hope and trust. We have done the best we could. Please continue your prayers for this very good man. . . . Obama.

Vic

My family was arguing about something while watching TV, then the announcement that Obama won popped up on the screen, and everyone shut up lol.

Man, there isn't anything I can say here that isn't redundant after all the other posts. I will note that McCain's speech showed awesome character. Obama's speech was MLK worthy as usual.

Many people are crying tonight. Tears of joy. I just hope we are worthy of your hope and trust. We have done the best we could. Please continue your prayers for this very good man. . . . Obama.
oh yess I know. Myself included.

Obama's victory is a slap in the faces of all the narrow-minded racist f*cks in America and the rest of the world. That's what really makes me happy.

Last edited:
I watched his speech at work amazing stuff

Next week we'll be watching how american's deal with post election withdrawls :lol:

Congratulations to americans for going to their polling booths and voting :kickass2:

YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN!

YES WE DID!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I passed out and just woke up to this WONDERFUL NEWS!!! I even had a dream about Obama winning! Hehehe. I woke up and I loved seeing that sign, "We have over come!" I LOVED THAT! Wow, it's amazing! I live in Kentucky...**shudders** the first to be called for McCain. But I do live in the county where the majority voted for Obama. Wow...I am SO excited! :) :) :) :)

And I have to say that it's hilarious seeing the "down" and "gloomy" faces on the Fox News channel. So sad...LOL!!! IN YOUR FACE FOX! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! **does happy dance**

And to see that the Dems have taken the House and Senate!!!! Wow...CHANGE REALLY IS FINALLY GOING TO HAPPEN! IT HAS HAPPENED!!!!

To quote Obama:

"CHANGE HAS COME TO AMERICA!"

Last edited:
YES HE CAN.

Congrats Barack!

I just saw a videoreport from his people in Kenia, amazing :).

I was just smiling on all four corners of my mouth.
:mello: I'd rrrrrrrrrrrreally like to see a pic of that!!! :hysterical:

Nevermind... this is just a happy day!!!!!!! :clapping:

Can't say thank you enough to the USamerican ppl.
Think you've done a wonderful choice and this way already the first CHANGE (we all, the whole world needs) for good!
It will be a very long and very hard way, but as Obama I'm convinced, yes we can!

Congratulations to Mr. Obama, you've written HiStory!
And you've given me personally lots of trust back into the US and its ppl and finally also its election machines. THANK YOU!

The status of the electoral college is pretty much irrelevant but for anyone interesting, Indiana has gone to President-Elect Obama and Montana has gone to Senator McCain. Still waiting on North Carolina and Missouri to be called although 100% of the votes have been counted in both states. So I don't know why they haven't been called yet. The electoral college currently stands at 349-163.

Indiana is a big win for Obama because it hasn't gone to a Democratic candidate since LBJ in 1964. Obama has managed to turn a lot of traditionally red states blue this year. Virginia also hasn't gone to a Democratic candidate since LBJ. North Carolina hasn't been called yet but it is expected to be called for Obama. North Carolina hasn't gone to a Democratic candidate since Carter in 1976. Obama has won a lot of states that went to Bush in 2004. On top of the states already mentioned; Florida, Ohio, Colorado, Iowa, New Mexico and Nevada.

Last edited:
YAy! I'm so proud of you, Americans, that you've made this possible!! :yes:
Congrats to Obama and good luck to his new job!!

amazing there were almost enough electoral votes separating them to have won Obama the whitehouse twice:clapping:

Did anyone watched the "Early Show" this morning? Harry Smith interviewed or chatted with the GREAT Maya Angelou and he told her to recite her awesome poem "I, Rise". You guys, I started CRYING, I mean, tears streaming down my face when she recited that amazing poem. It was sooooo emotional, touching and true. God bless, Obama and my wonderful country, the United States of America.

Also, I must give a SHOUT OUT to Steve Harvey, Michael Baisden and Tom Joyner. Their radio shows were all supporting Obama from the beginning to the end. They got their listeners to believe inthe system again and vote for this wonderful man. If any of you guys listen to these men during the elections, you can feel me on this. Thank you to those men.

Today, I can truly say that I am very, very, very, PROUD to be an American. :)

^^^Yes much respect to the "Baddest Boy in Radio" lol Michael Baisden!

I've cried so much the past 12 hours....lol....cried during Obamas speech, went to bed, cried this morning, cried watching the news showing last nights celebration, cried seeing the pictures of people all around the world celebrating.

It is a NEW DAY!

^^^Yes much respect to the "Baddest Boy in Radio" lol Michael Baisden!

I've cried so much the past 12 hours....lol....cried during Obamas speech, went to bed, cried this morning, cried watching the news showing last nights celebration, cried seeing the pictures of people all around the world celebrating.

It is a NEW DAY!

There was a LOT of crying in America last night. Everyone I know. . . cried. A very soggy, happy nation. We did the right thing! We have hope again.

Vic

I'm very happy with the way things turned out.

I thought McCain bowed out with a great deal of grace and he will continue to be a figurehead of the Republican party and I hope he can continue to service the American people in the senate. He wasn't what the country wanted at this hour, and I think his negative campaign failed to connect with Americans. It was a mistake, but he went a long way and has my respect.

I can't wait to see what Obama and Biden will do. I have no doubt they'll live up to my expectations, which are realistic and not overblown. One step at a time.

I think Obama is the best thing to happen in a long time. NOt only is he YOUNG, but he is INTELLIGENT. He did have some Muslim backround, but is also a Christian. He will be the one to build that everlasting bridge to peace in the Middle East. He is the one most qualified to do this..

He did have some Muslim backround, but is also a Christian.
See, that's what I don't understand. So what if he is Muslim? There are Christians out there who do just as bad as any Muslim radical would.
I know there's people out there who "fear" Muslims, but those people are just ignorant and uneducated.

See, that's what I don't understand. So what if he is Muslim? There are Christians out there who do just as bad as any Muslim radical would.
I know there's people out there who "fear" Muslims, but those people are just ignorant and uneducated.

Well Obama's father was a non-practicing "Muslim", so yes that is in his heritage, (to Linda) but you're right (browneyed) about the whole Islamophobia thing...it's only ignorance.

Back