*UPDATED* Star Gazing Together - Aug 29th

Re: Star gazing together - Aug 29th

Maybe America do it at 10h30 central time, and Europe and Africa does it at 10h30pm their time (choose 1 country) then middle east at 10h30 their time (choose your country again) then Asia same thing.. That would make a huge wave of people looking at the sky for Michael all aroung the world!

Oh gosh, this is so wonderful... :cry:
If I'm able to do this at that time, I definitely will.:angel:

um....of course it's a good idea
i dunno what i will do on that day...
but i think i will be sad and want to cry~~
it's so emotion ,29Aug
i hope Michael can see us and comfort all of his fans=]

10:30 all of our times sound good.
I'm sad thinking about this..Michael's birthday. But it will be beautiful.

This is such a lovely idea. I will definately be joining in, thinking of Michael, the fans and celebrating a life well lived (through my tears)

I'm so glad a good bunch of us will be participating!
I hope many of you will be able to line up your schedules so we can do it at the exact moment together... but if not, that's ok! It will be a wonderful experience either way.

I think I'll go to bed a bit earlier so that I can do this :) If I stay up until 4am I don't think I could keep my eyes open for terribly long :(

I really love this idea, I'm totally up for it. I think I'll do a what thrillerchild is going to do and go to bed a bit earlier to do this, I reaaally want to participate in it. :)

I work at 8pm that night until 8am the next morning. However, I would very much like to participate (I'll take a break :p) I live in Vancouver, Canada, so I need to figure out the time.

i also live in vancouver. i wish there was a tribute night either at the commodore or at bc place. are we lacking mj fans in vancouver :(

awww too bad , in my country it will be 8 AM

that means i'm not gonna stare at the stars with u guys T__T but it's okay i'll look at the blue sky and the early morning sun ray and maybe i'll see his face in the clouds who knows !

anyway consider me with you , we share the same purpose whether it's morning or evening :)

Hey so how will we do it? Every country does it at their own time at 10:30pm or we do it at the same time American time 10:30pm??
I would like that we do it at the same time but of course I understand if someone prefers doing it 10:30 their own time than waking up at 4:30..

We are aiming for everyone lining up with America's 10:30pm time...but for those that can't, just do it 10:30 your own time. :)

Looking forward to this guys!

We are aiming for everyone lining up with America's 10:30pm time...but for those that can't, just do it 10:30 your own time. :)

Looking forward to this guys!
Great. I'll be up at 6:30am then. Do we have same playlist or everyone chooses their own songs? (sorry for the neverending questions lol)

^ We haven't established a set playlist...just the one song "Cry".
If anyone wants to continue looking up at the sky after that song though, I think we should follow up with "Heal the World" then "We are the World". After that, just continue with whatever songs you want for however long you want.

Beautiful idea :) I will be outside 05.30 sunday morning so I can be there at the same time as all of you. I think it will be an incredible feeling for all of us! It's so wonderful to think of the fact that Michael brought all of us together so we could do this together as a family out of love.

Oh! Yes! Earth Song should definitely be a part of the playlist for those that want to listen to more than one song. D'oh...can't believe I didn't think of that one, it is my favorite!!

So ok...the MAIN song we are all listening to is "Cry".
After that, if you are so inclined... move to:
Earth Song
Heal the World
We are the World

After that, it's up to you. :)

Merethe said:
It's so wonderful to think of the fact that Michael brought all of us together so we could do this together as a family out of love.

Agreed!

Oh! Yes! Earth Song should definitely be a part of the playlist for those that want to listen to more than one song. D'oh...can't believe I didn't think of that one, it is my favorite!!

So ok...the MAIN song we are all listening to is "Cry".
After that, if you are so inclined... move to:
Earth Song
Heal the World
We are the World

After that, it's up to you. :)
OK. I'll put a special playlist on my iPod for this. I think I'll play Smile as the last song. *sigh* It's gonna be a lot of crying.

Thanks Conspiracy for inspiring this idea in the first place! x

Oh, God bless you :) What time is this in Sweden..or what time is it in London then I can calculate by myself ;)

Edit : Looks like it will be 5.30 in Sweden. That will be Sunday 30 August.

This is a beautiful idea...I wanted to go out but can't find any local tributes so this is a wonderful alternative. I'm in Pacific Time so it'll be 8:30 here...I might have to do it later because my daughter goes to bed late...I'll probably do it at 10:30 my own time.

It's 4:30am in the UK. Looking forward to this very much, knowing that we're all together as one doing this :)

I'm so looking forward to this too, guys! So glad that many of us will actually be doing it at the same exact moment - it is going to be powerful!

Maybe the fans in the UK and such can do this at 10:30 their time on the 29th, and the ones in America can do it at 10:30 our time on the 29th?

Good idea.
I'd prefer listening to Cry only, because it's easier for me to upload that song in my player.
I don't like the idea of releasing balloons. I think we should just light a candle and look at the Heavens.
OK I'll make a youtube and spead it in cyberspace.
10:30 PM wherever you are.
Light a candle.
Listen to CRY.
Pray
Bring tissues

Last edited:

Looking forward to this very much!
Hopefully it doesn't rain here...that seems to have been the trend for the past week and a half, ugh.

This is a wonderful idea. I'm gonna do it 10.30pm UK time.

Back