Update: Behind the Scenes on Jan 28th 8PM ET OWN Channel / Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

Will you watch the Oprah interview

• Yes

Votes: 87 70.7%
  • No I don't feel right about watching

Votes: 36 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

It was mentioned earlier that it will probably air during November sweeps. Sweeps are I think from the very end of Oct through November.

Just a question.. I see a LOT of people say on this forum that Oprah is all about ratings and anything to do with Michael or WHOEVER, is simply to the benefit of herself, I need to ask you all this:

Do you think that those who give Oprah interviews do it because of her global reach? Maybe when an issue is needed to be raised, be it about child abuse, disease, tyranny in 3rd world countries or even album or movie promotion, a show to the status of Oprah (love her or hate her) is probably the greatest form of awareness you can get.

Dont believe me? Look at how we discuss Oprah interviews to the point there are over 1000+ replies before it's even aired.

Logic guys... use it for something other than bashing everything on earth.

Just a question.. I see a LOT of people say on this forum that Oprah is all about ratings and anything to do with Michael or WHOEVER, is simply to the benefit of herself, I need to ask you all this:

Do you think that those who give Oprah interviews do it because of her global reach? Maybe when an issue is needed to be raised, be it about child abuse, disease, tyranny in 3rd world countries or even album or movie promotion, a show to the status of Oprah (love her or hate her) is probably the greatest form of awareness you can get.

Dont believe me? Look at how we discuss Oprah interviews to the point there are over 1000+ replies before it's even aired.

Logic guys... use it for something other than bashing everything on earth.

instead of adding your number to the favorite sport of bashing Michael Jackson fans, why don't you consider that any interview done with anyone, concerning Michael Jackson, will receive world wide attention. whoever the interviewer is, or whoever the interviewee is. that's the reason for all the posts, here. Oprah has done a lot of shows, that the world doesn't know about. Michael wasn't the subject on those shows. if the interviewer is Joe Average, and the interview is about Michael Jackson, there will be a thousand posts. i wonder if you were around for the caricature sized bashing of Michael, by the media, while he was here, and the caricature sized pain that he had to go through as a result..that killed him, and the caricature sized suffering that the fans have suffered, as a result, which explains the pain that the fans act out. did you ever consider understanding that? and did you consider calling out the media for that bashing that caused all this pain and grief? take that into consideration before you act like there was no reason for the extent of the pain of the fans that is being acted out.

I was around when Michael was going through all the pain - before, during and after the trial. I was a very active member of MJNO before it was shut down and migrated to this forum with many that call MJJC home today.

There is nothing in my above post that bashes "MJ fans". I simply have an issue with every single thread being derailed by unnecessary hatred. If it's not new album threads being hijacked by hatred of Sony, or any of the thousand other gripes that seem to completely transform perfectly normal and respectable threads, it's people that try to make sense or understanding of a topic being labelled as "bashing MJ fans".

I'll also mention that while I fully agree that anything Michael Jackson related receives increased media attention and public awareness, Oprah's show is more than just that, love her or hate her. In Australia (where I come from), a large section of the media was praising the New South Wales State Governments decision to pay the woman millions to visit our country and host a show here. Not only is this rare that the actions of my State Government was praised by the media, it was hailed as an act of marketing genius. Her show reaches a global audience of millions, regardless of the topic, all over the world. The reach of the "Oprah" brand is so wide, that the few million that it cost our Government to fund her trip to our country will be recouped by the millions in tourism dollars as a result of the special.

This is why I mentioned what I did, not to bash anyone. Quite frankly to say that is insulting.

Oprah just tweeted:

.OMG! Just had a SURPRISE date with Jackie Jackson. My teen idol hearthrob. Tried not to talk too much or eat too much. Succeeded at neither!
about 1 hour ago via OpenBeak

It's a Jackson overload for her these days...

I'm really looking forward to this interview. If Oprah will be as respectful as she was with LMP I have faith this interview will also be interesting and balanced.

I'm really looking forward to this interview. If Oprah will be as respectful as she was with LMP I have faith this interview will also be interesting and balanced.
As much as I dislike Oprah, I am sure she will be respectful. I can't imagine Oprah being disrespectful to a 80-year-old mother of such a famous family who lost her most famous son. Being disrespectful would be a PR suicide for her.

Last edited:

I think Oprah owes us an apology, she was professional and honest, she only ask questions and it is his people who answer them....i think it is like killing the messanger...i really regret every bad word i tweeted to Oprah and i think she deserve an apology because she has no agenda it is only the timing...also, Bless Mrs. Jackson she saw this before we did ,,,she was right to ask Oprah and no anyone else to her house,,,she has a point , Oprah is honest and not double faced..sorry Oprah !

I am very sure Oprah will be honest and i think she started to find out things for herself...i want to tweet her all my apology and sorry words but i wish she can read them...she was very kind to MJ since his death,,,i'm sure she love him but in her own way!

she only asked the questions the people may ask , she was not against MJ and she will never be...when i saw her yesterday...i felt her light she was honest to the point that she was the only person in the media asking about Michael's insomnia...the only person...although Janet and Lisa tried to ignored this she kept asking this question over and over again ! she showed alot of class.

Last edited:

Do you think that those who give Oprah interviews do it because of her global reach?

Global reach? Like worldwide (planet reach) ?She is not very famous outside the U.S. In my country she is virtually unknown.

I am very sure Oprah will be honest and i think she started to find out things for herself...i want to tweet her all my apology and sorry words but i wish she can read them...she was very kind to MJ since his death,,,i'm sure she love him but in her own way!

she only asked the questions the people may ask , she was not against MJ and she will never be...when i saw her yesterday...i felt her light she was honest to the point that she was the only person in the media asking about Michael's insomnia...the only person...although Janet and Lisa tried to ignored this she kept asking this question over and over again ! she showed alot of class.

Oh God......

Blindness is contagious.

I was around when Michael was going through all the pain - before, during and after the trial. I was a very active member of MJNO before it was shut down and migrated to this forum with many that call MJJC home today.

There is nothing in my above post that bashes "MJ fans". I simply have an issue with every single thread being derailed by unnecessary hatred. If it's not new album threads being hijacked by hatred of Sony, or any of the thousand other gripes that seem to completely transform perfectly normal and respectable threads, it's people that try to make sense or understanding of a topic being labelled as "bashing MJ fans".

I'll also mention that while I fully agree that anything Michael Jackson related receives increased media attention and public awareness, Oprah's show is more than just that, love her or hate her. In Australia (where I come from), a large section of the media was praising the New South Wales State Governments decision to pay the woman millions to visit our country and host a show here. Not only is this rare that the actions of my State Government was praised by the media, it was hailed as an act of marketing genius. Her show reaches a global audience of millions, regardless of the topic, all over the world. The reach of the "Oprah" brand is so wide, that the few million that it cost our Government to fund her trip to our country will be recouped by the millions in tourism dollars as a result of the special.

This is why I mentioned what I did, not to bash anyone. Quite frankly to say that is insulting.

You can not possibly understand what you wrote or what your connotations are. You said before for MJ fans (yes you grouped them all together) should maybe understand Oprah's global reach and think there may need to be an issue that is addressed. They should use this for education and not bashing. "Logic guys... use it more than for bashing". This gives the connotation that MJ fans only like to bash on Oprah. Or more globslly, they use it to bash anyone besides MJ. If that is how you feel then fine. But do not pretend as it was not what you said and then act offended over it. Please!

Also, if Oprah used the interview as a platform to discuss what actually the consequences of addiction or insomnia are; what they drive a person to, then maybe. But don't take an interview where she skirts over these issues in favor of getting as much dirt as possible as a necessary platform for addressing these issues.

She just came off as clueless and angry at MJ in that interview and gave Oprah exactly what she wanted!

Yes, my sister and I was discussing Janet's attitude as of late after MJ passing. I do believe she is grieving over him as many of us are. Perhaps she felt she wasn't there enough for him. Who really knows but she seems very distant, emotionless, cold, very vague, and secretive. I think she may need to talk to a professional on her feelings. I truly think she is trying to keep it all together. I not sure as to why she decided to speak on this and not present the whole picture. MJ died at the hands of Murray with Propofol. Not some pain pill overdose. Im not happy with her and others over that.

Now, all this talk of addicitions concerning him drives me up a tree. It's like everyones group chant as if they know nothing else. Why on earth do you hit the media circle and say this repeatedly? Hello! They take every thing you say and bold print it. Murray side has so much juice it isn't funny. All this has done nothing but reiterate that it's his own fault that he did not get help, he left his children and he is Forest Lawn. Funny how Murray name is no longer in the news or really on the tongues of some fan sites. Our focus is elswhere and Murray is free to be thrilled.

Also, if Oprah used the interview as a platform to discuss what actually the consequences of addiction or insomnia are; what they drive a person to, then maybe. But don't take an interview where she skirts over these issues in favor of getting as much dirt as possible as a necessary platform for addressing these issues.

Yes, unfortuantely I saw a lot of skirting taking place on the play back. All so typcial not surprised by it. I think it was pitiful and careless the juicy stuff was more important. MJ and his cronic past issues were not relevant then or now. The misconceptions, lies and distortions will sadly continue to run amuck.

Global reach? Like worldwide (planet reach) ?She is not very famous outside the U.S. In my country she is virtually unknown.

Her show is broadcasted in 145+ countries. She and her show are very influential.

Mrs. Jackson only did this interview to set the record straight about her son and what he told her there's everybody's story vs the woman who knew him best the woman he shared every bit of details with. Trust me this will be a good watch she answer those questions well and Oprah knew better not to take it to the level every body is thinking. She knew Michael J.Jackson and she will show his fans and the world what a great man he was loving how his kids are strong and in good spirit about their loving father.

Jackie on Oprah, should be an interesting episode. Teen heart thobs eh?

Winfrey lands President Bush, Jackson's parents

CHICAGO – Former President George W. Bush and Michael Jackson's parents are among the big names "The Oprah Winfrey Show" has booked for the November ratings sweeps.

Harpo Productions released a schedule Friday, including a show featuring Bush discussing his memoir, "Decision Points," on Nov. 9 — the day of its release.

No date was given for the Jacksons' interview. The production company says Katherine Jackson will talk about her son's life from childhood stardom to his death. She'll be joined by her husband, Joe Jackson.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101022/ap_en_tv/us_winfrey_sweeps

I'm willing to bet Oprah saves this interview for last, knowing not many people will watch the other episodes. "Michael Jackson" the brand, is a big ratings booster nowadays.

Mrs. Jackson only did this interview to set the record straight about her son and what he told her there's everybody's story vs the woman who knew him best the woman he shared every bit of details with. Trust me this will be a good watch she answer those questions well and Oprah knew better not to take it to the level every body is thinking. She knew Michael J.Jackson and she will show his fans and the world what a great man he was loving how his kids are strong and in good spirit about their loving father.

how do you know that?

Her show is broadcasted in 145+ countries. She and her show are very influential.

LOL

I know. Her show is broadcasted in my country too. And you know what? Nobody cares. She's on channels that nobody watches or cares. Good luck finding someone here who knows her.

The some for the most of the world.

LOL

I know. Her show is broadcasted in my country too. And you know what? Nobody cares. She's on channels that nobody watches or cares. Good luck finding someone here who knows her.

very true. it may be aired in alot of countries but shes hasnt been on mainstream uk tv for heck knows how long. maybe 15 years. her show is on some unknown sky channel now

Outside the US everybody knows her but nobody cares.

When Sky TV launched in the UK in thelate 80s it was a big deal to have abig US show like Oprah, but she entered obscurity in the early 90s and nobody could care less about what she says or does, or who she has on her shows in the UK. She is nowhere near the global status of other US celebs.

When Sky TV launched in the UK in thelate 80s it was a big deal to have abig US show like Oprah, but she entered obscurity in the early 90s and nobody could care less about what she says or does, or who she has on her shows in the UK. She is nowhere near the global status of other US celebs.

Belive me. In my country nobody Knows her.

Hmmmmm gee the description doesn't mention the kids. They would be the biggest draw so seems again info was false and they more then likely wont be on.

LOL

very true. it may be aired in alot of countries but shes hasnt been on mainstream uk tv for heck knows how long. maybe 15 years. her show is on some unknown sky channel now

Belive me. In my country nobody Knows her.

Yes her show is also airs in my native country in some small cable channel but like MJStorm said no one watches her or even knows her. In the recent years Dr. Oz have become really famous in my native country, people do not even know that Oprah was the one that introduced him. Sometimes Dr. Oz refers to Oprah and our media refers her as " Dr. Oz's American friend Oprah" - like she's some random female. That's how people in my country perceives her.

Frankly, Oprah's claim to fame is being able to interview Michael Jackson, and now Lisa Marie after his death. Soon she will be able to add to that claim that she was able to interview Katherine and Joe.

There's no major interest in her 10000th interview with a random actor or mediocre singer.

There's no major interest in her 10000th show about some person who has multiple wives.

Her notoriety is only because she has had interviews with the Greatest artist of all time and people linked to him. Otherwise, Oprah is nothing, she was nothing before Michael, this is precisely why she keeps doing interviews that are MJ related, because she knows anything MJ related gets COLOSSAL interest (ratings), more than anything.

Last edited:

Hmmmmm gee the description doesn't mention the kids. They would be the biggest draw so seems again info was false and they more then likely wont be on.

i think ppl are more bothered about the fact she got to talk to the kids in the first place. whether it was filmed and will be shown would be the final insult but the fact she spoke to them is bad enough.and is an issue in itself

i think ppl are more bothered about the fact she got to talk to the kids in the first place. whether it was filmed and will be shown would be the final insult but the fact she spoke to them is bad enough.and is an issue in itself

exactly. She shouldn't have come within 1000 miles of them.

Back