Update: Behind the Scenes on Jan 28th 8PM ET OWN Channel / Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

Will you watch the Oprah interview

• Yes

Votes: 87 70.7%
  • No I don't feel right about watching

Votes: 36 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Katherine Jackson May Be 'Oprah' Bound

:(

This is all so terrible. I feel so sad. :( I pray for the children every day that God will protect them always. :angel: I really hope they do not appear on this interview. :pray:

The more time passes by, the more I think Diana Ross should be the one caring for those kids. Not Katherine.

I lost all respect for this family.

Now MJ's 3 kids will think it's okay to go around doing interviews, selling their father off because grandma says it's ok. Everything Michael showed them right up to his death went right out the window.

I'm done.

We just know she spoke to them. We just don't know if they are actually in the interview. We have to wait and see.

so we all know for sure that the kids were interviewed? wow... like i said and will keep saying if they want to set the record str8 about their father they are old enough to speak up and tell them all off. IF they so choose to.

We just know she spoke to them. We just don't know if they are actually in the interview. We have to wait and see.

I hear you on the wait and see comment.

The thing is though, if you think about it, would Oprah have travelled all the way to California to just interview Katherine and Joe? It would seem to me that interviewing the kids would be enough motivation for her to go to them.

I have a feeling that this interview is gonna air during Novembers 'sweeps' period. The promo for this interview will be very telling.

And if these kids were truly interviewed, Michael would be pissed! and to know they were interviewed by Oprah, double pissed!

I hear you on the wait and see comment.

The thing is though, if you think about it, would Oprah have travelled all the way to California to just interview Katherine and Joe? It would seem to me that interviewing the kids would be enough motivation for her to go to them.

I have a feeling that this interview is gonna air during Novembers 'sweeps' period. The promo for this interview will be very telling.

And if these kids were truly interviewed, Michael would be pissed! and to know they were interviewed by Oprah, double pissed!

I think they are probably in the interview and Michael would absolutely hate it. I am going hold on to the little hope I have that they are not. The promo will say it all. I wish Michael was here.:(

Loveforever please tell me why is it that you think you know moreso what is right for Mrs. Katherine to do concerning Michael's children and his legacy?

Please explain to me how you have come to the conclusion that her priority concerning Michael during his childhood was Joseph Jackson?

Before you do that I am going to try in the kindest manner I can to inform or remind you that they lived in Gary Indiana when Michael was growing up. A place filled with crime, poverty and racism.

Have you ever dealt with racism? Have you ever had a person mistreat you, belittle you, abuse or be condescending to you because of the color of your skin?

Is it not more than likely that Mrs. Katherine was subjected to and witness of more than that than you or I could possibly fathom? I think it is.

I think Joe and Katherine Jackson were not only trying to find success by supporting their families God given talent but they were also trying to spare them the greif and indignity they and others were subject to.

Is it likely that people were dying in street gangs then? I think so. If so is it not likely that they were also striving to save their childrens lives? I think it is more than likely and if we were to read some past interveiws we may find them barely touching the tip of it.

Please do not try to pass judgement on anyone not knowing what they have been subjested to in life becauswe it is just plain wrong.

I understand your heartache and confusion and and anger concerning the interveiw but I am appalled that you would condemn Mrs. Katherine with such hateful, judgemental words.

I pray that you would reconsider your words against her and seek God to find a better understanding of who she is, what she has suffered and what she has endured for the love of Michael and all of her children. I know there is no way any of us could fully know the completeness of such but I believe if you spared a little more room in your heart for this then you may see things differently.

As for Oprah and her show, editing and lineup I have this to say- if she tries to slander Michael any further we then can seek to condemn her for her actions. Whether her actions in the past were from lack of knowledge or evil intent we won't know and I believe Mrs. Katherine and Michael's children would be the best people to present her and the world with truth concerning him.

We don't even know if Mrs. Katherine is going on to refute somethint hateful Lisa Marie Presley may have said. Hopefully LMP did not speak against him but if she did that would be one gigantic reason for Mrs. Katherine to speak up.

I am not asking you to love or support anything Mrs. Katherine does but I will remind you that she is Michael's mother and he loved her therefore she has earned our respect.

Please stop being so judgemental and let's deal with whatever comes afterwards since there is no way of knowing what's what.

God bless!!!

That's exactly what I felt the moment I heard TMZ's story that Oprah was at Hayvenhurst. Let's be honest here majority of the people do not care about what Joe will say and he has been on every TV show possible. Katherine did another interview but that didn't get unbelievably high ratings either. So Oprah could have flied them to Chicago and/or do a Chicago - LA satellite recording. You know that the moment she flies to location she has some sort of exclusive and first ever interview and/or inside their world of MJ's kids type of thing would fit to that category.

I agree and popeater actually reports this. If anyone wonders November sweeps are between October 28 and November 24.

Sharon B. Sidney;3024163 said:
Loveforever please tell me why is it that you think you know moreso what is right for Mrs. Katherine to do concerning Michael's children and his legacy?

Please explain to me how you have come to the conclusion that her priority concerning Michael during his childhood was Joseph Jackson?

Before you do that I am going to try in the kindest manner I can to inform or remind you that they lived in Gary Indiana when Michael was growing up. A place filled with crime, poverty and racism.

Have you ever dealt with racism? Have you ever had a person mistreat you, belittle you, abuse or be condescending to you because of the color of your skin?

Is it not more than likely that Mrs. Katherine was subjected to and witness of more than that than you or I could possibly fathom? I think it is.

I think Joe and Katherine Jackson were not only trying to find success by supporting their families God given talent but they were also trying to spare them the greif and indignity they and others were subject to.

Is it likely that people were dying in street gangs then? I think so. If so is it not likely that they were also striving to save their childrens lives? I think it is more than likely and if we were to read some past interveiws we may find them barely touching the tip of it.

Please do not try to pass judgement on anyone not knowing what they have been subjested to in life becauswe it is just plain wrong.

I understand your heartache and confusion and and anger concerning the interveiw but I am appalled that you would condemn Mrs. Katherine with such hateful, judgemental words.

I pray that you would reconsider your words against her and seek God to find a better understanding of who she is, what she has suffered and what she has endured for the love of Michael and all of her children. I know there is no way any of us could fully know the completeness of such but I believe if you spared a little more room in your heart for this then you may see things differently.

As for Oprah and her show, editing and lineup I have this to say- if she tries to slander Michael any further we then can seek to condemn her for her actions. Whether her actions in the past were from lack of knowledge or evil intent we won't know and I believe Mrs. Katherine and Michael's children would be the best people to present her and the world with truth concerning him.

We don't even know if Mrs. Katherine is going on to refute somethint hateful Lisa Marie Presley may have said. Hopefully LMP did not speak against him but if she did that would be one gigantic reason for Mrs. Katherine to speak up.

I am not asking you to love or support anything Mrs. Katherine does but I will remind you that she is Michael's mother and he loved her therefore she has earned our respect.

Please stop being so judgemental and let's deal with whatever comes afterwards since there is no way of knowing what's what.

God bless!!!

Thank you for such a wonderful post! Regarding MJ kids speaking to Oprah. Well, fans have to understand that situation has changed. Michael is not longer here and there is nothing wrong if his kids want to defend their daddy at the moment he needs it the most, because he cannot defend himself anymore.
About their privacy….Even if Michael was alive I am sure those kids would not be wearing masks forever.

Between this thread and the LMP thread I have read so much utter foolishness that I just can't anymore.

This is not directed at any one person. But I just can't believe some of the things fans are saying.

I just can't, I just can't.... It's irreprehensible. Ugh!

If this was part of the special on thursday i'd think oprah would have mentioned it so anyone know when this is airing?

Regarding MJ kids speaking to Oprah. Well, fans have to understand that situation has changed. Michael is not longer here and there is nothing wrong if his kids want to defend their daddy at the moment he needs it the most, because he cannot defend himself anymore.

seriously?

Michael doesn't need to be defended the most at this moment, in case you haven't noticed it's fashionable to love Michael after his death.

In order for them "to want to defend" their dad, it means that "they need to know why he needs defending", isn't this even worse? especially when we know that Michael shielded from what the media says. Do you think that the family sits down the children and says "Oprah said this and that , did this and that" and the children are like "oh no I have to defend my dad"? Isn't that a cruel scenario for 13-12 and 8 year old kids?

I agree w/ginvid
I do not post here much, but I lurk alot. It seems as if over time things have become crazier and crazier. Some people really know how to let their imaginations run wild. I just do not understand it

Well I cant bear to see all the foolishness and insanity coming from the Jackson's side time after time.

Well I cant bear to see all the foolishness and insanity coming from the Jackson's side time after time.

I agree with you on that.. I have not been impressed with any members of that family for quite a while now, and MJ's passing just solidified by feelings. There seems to be a lot of disconnect in the family. No one is on the same page and no one is seeking justice for their brother/son who was murdered. It's just an awful awful shame honestly.

seriously?

Michael doesn't need to be defended the most at this moment, in case you haven't noticed it's fashionable to love Michael after his death.

In order for them "to want to defend" their dad, it means that "they need to know why he needs defending", isn't this even worse? especially when we know that Michael shielded from what the media says. Do you think that the family sits down the children and says "Oprah said this and that , did this and that" and the children are like "oh no I have to defend my dad"? Isn't that a cruel scenario for 13-12 and 8 year old kids?

Absolutely! Michael is not "under attack" now, as he was during other times. Regardless, this should not be the role of children, especially kids as young as these. As young-adults, maybe they would want to make statements, but Michael's death is still very recent.

I've seen a variety of viewpoints here, but primary I think should be mindfulness of the phrase "What would Michael do/want?" for his children. That is not very complex, is it? and we already have quite a good idea of what his desires would be given his past shielding of the children from the public? Despite fame and fortune at a young age, Michael suffered damage from being in the public eye as a child -- he talked about this MANY times (including in the song "Childhood.") I think it's more than obvious that his plan for his children was to preserve their precious childhoods, as much as possible given his extreme celebrity.

A guardian has the right to raise the children in his/her charge according to his/her own decisions. However, one would expect that any guardian would wish to raise the children as closely to the "absent" parent's ideals as possible.

There is no known universe where Michael would have had his children interviewed on Oprah. . . not EVER, given Oprah's cruel stance on Michael and child-molestation accusations in the past. This is something the children will have to deal with for the rest of their lives, and sadly, the fact that Michael was acquitted by a unanimous jury doesn't seem to matter to some people. Michael's goal was ALWAYS to shield these children from public scrutiny. In this Katherine has failed, regardless of what we may think of her as a person.

Whatever else they are as a family, the exploitation of children is in this family's background, and Michael had a very DIFFERENT idea about how his own children should be raised. The children may have participated in the decision to be interviewed, but yet could have no real understanding of the implications, or the cruelty that can occur as a result of such exposure that leaves them open to discussion and speculation.

I, for one, and disappointed that Katherine made this decision. Surely she KNOWS this is not what Michael would have wanted. Yes, she has the right to do this. SHOULD SHE? IMHO, No, she shouldn't.

Between this thread and the LMP thread I have read so much utter foolishness that I just can't anymore.

This is not directed at any one person. But I just can't believe some of the things fans are saying.

I just can't, I just can't.... It's irreprehensible. Ugh!

Agreed..

Last edited:

Some of the things said in this thread have been uncalled for. The abuse shown against Katherine has been awful. You may not agree with the kids being on Oprah, I don't either, but what has been said needs to be toned down. In the end of the day Michael adored his mother. We don't have to like everything she does but some respect wont go amiss.

Regarding MJ kids speaking to Oprah. Well, fans have to understand that situation has changed. Michael is not longer here and there is nothing wrong if his kids want to defend their daddy at the moment he needs it the most, because he cannot defend himself anymore.
they shouldnt be in a position of even having to think about talking to that woman. the family should have never invited her into mikes house.did katherine explain to them that this is the woman who called your daddy a child molester and slagged him off every chance she got. of course the family wouldnt tell the kids such a thing cause then the kids would start asking the question of why are you even talking to her or inviting her into her house in the first place after the things shes said about daddy.all it proves is that certain ppl in that family dont care about mjs wishes. and the kids will be used to make money for the rest of them just like their dad was. and the circle of explotation continues.whos next a interview with bashir.

Last edited:

they shouldnt be in a position of even having to think about talking to that woman. the family should have never invited her into mikes house.did katherine explain to them that this is the woman who called your daddy a child molester and slagged him off every chance she got. of course the family wouldnt tell the kids such a thing cause then the kids would start asking the question of why are you even talking to her or inviting her into her house in the first place after the things shes said about daddy.all it proves is that certain ppl in that family dont care about mjs wishes. and the kids will be used to make money for the rest of them just like their dad was. and the circle of explotation continues.whos next a interview with bashir.

Exactly.

This interview will be the first of many for those kids. I feel sorry for them that they are being exploited in this way.

Amen
:punk:

Amen.

Aww...man what is this mess?

I don't know anymore. I'm just here supporting Mike.

:(

This is all so terrible. I feel so sad. :( I pray for the children every day that God will protect them always. :angel: I really hope they do not appear on this interview. :pray:

I agree. I will :angel: for the children and the family.:unsure:

Wow, I'm truly disgusted and sickened by this. I'd like to know who is behind this and why. This is totally against everything Michael stood for with his children. I just can't believe this blatant disregard of that, and with OPRAH! No, just no.

What upsets me most is what Mike would be thinking about all this. This certainly wouldn't be happening if he was here :(

^Like I posted before I feel someone forgot/ignored Michael's wishes when the kids were allowed to talk to Oprah. I seriously hope they are not going air that part and it was just a random discussion moment with her and not an actual interview.

seriously?

Yes, seriously! Defending their dad does not mean that they need to learn about all past mess he went trough. This is not about that. This is about the situation before his death and how AEG used him. Paris has already spoken about it and have read an article a few months ago.
There will be no question asked about past child molestation trial. I am 100%c positive. Katherine would not allow Oprah to ask such crap. If you do not trust Katherine, your problem. I do, Just like Michael trusted her when he was alive.

And once again. Kids cannot wear masks till the rest of their lives. When Michael was alive it was one thing and he had to hide them from the media. The situation has changed with his passing. Don't you understand it?

Back