Update #275 - AllGood appeals dismissal / AllGood Entertainment lawsuit Against MJ / Dileo/ AEG

Re: $300,000,000 Lawsuit Against MJ?????

Michael could have said whatever he wanted the facts say different. No contact with Michael's name on it. A page lawsuit with something signed by Frank saying he would try to talk to Michael. Come on

I agree that Michaels did not sign it. His name is on the contract though as its about him and his brothers.

AGE dont have a leg to stand on and they wont get anywhere near that if anything at all.

I also dont like it when people disregard Michael's own words. It happens a lot here. Michael was aware of it and said "Yes" he was doing the shows. Now people can say Mike was just saying that it doesnt mean anything, but he could have easily have said "No" too.

You should ask the brothers about that.

I dont have to. I heard them discuss it on the TV show so your comment about them not knowing about it is false.

I dont have to. I heard them discuss it on the TV show so your comment about them not knowing about it is false.

I believe on the show, their manager came and informed them that they were being sued in coinnection with those concerts. And, they said they did not know what this was all about.

a report from may 2009

The company that organized the family concert --- AllGood Entertainment -- got Michael, daddy Joe Jackson and several others in a room yesterday at the Bev Hills Hotel. Joe tried to convince Michael that the family tour should go on, but Michael wouldn't budge because it would have aired on pay-per-view and M.J. said he doesn't like pay-per-view! The meeting was heated and no one agreed to anything.

Patrick Allocco of AllGood Entertainment tells us he's going to sue Jackson and his family next week.

UPDATE: Patrick Allocco has resubmitted his offer for MJ to perform with the Jackson 5 and Janet without the pay-per-view. For this one night event, MJ would be paid $3million, Janet $1mil, and the brothers would get $500,000 to split.

Allocco is making this his last and final offer. If Michael refuses, AllGood Entertainment will proceed with suing him and his family.

My comment about them saying they knew nothing about these shows is not false. What you heard them say on a TV show and what I heard they said on the TV show are two different things

Thank you for sitting down with MJJCommunity to tell your side of what's going on. We appreciate you taking the time to set the record straight and to tell Michael Jackson's fans what truly happened between All Good Entertainment and Frank DiLeo.

Q: Please tell us about your company, All Good Entertainment.

AllGood Entertainment, Inc., is a concert promoter based in New Jersey, who promotes concerts in New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean and South America. In 2007, he has started operations in United Arab Emirates and India. We are a young and vigorous company, AllGood has produced successful shows in venues in New York and New Jersey as well as in Puerto Rico and Tobago in The Caribbean with Bon Jovi, Stevie Wonder, Sting, Diddy, Julio Iglesias, Earth, Wind and Fire, Patti LaBelle, Natalie Cole, Paulina Rubio, John Leguizamo, Lindsay Lohan and Raven Symone, among others. Our core competency is promoting large one-off events and festivals.
Q: How did you come into contact with Frank DiLeo?
Shortly after meeting with Mr. Joe Jackson in Las Vegas about the proposed Jackson Family Reunion Concert, my associate, recommended that we follow-up with Frank. We met Frank and his Partner, Mark Lamicka, in Nashville a few weeks later.

Q: Did Mr. Frank DiLeo at any time, represent himself as Michael Jackson's signatory agent/manager? Were you aware of Dr. Tohme R. Tohme being Michael's business manager?
The Dileo/Jackson contract speaks for itself; Frank and Mark both represented that he [Frank] had several phone conversations with MJ and that he was supportive of our event. Frank obviously executed an agreement that is binding upon Michael, Janet and the brothers. Dr. Tohme was always positioned as the spokesperson or business manager representing the financial interests of Colony Capital.

Q: Tell us about the concert that was planned by All Good Entertainment and agreed to by Frank DiLeo.
The proposed event was for one historic reunion for the world to see. The event would reunite all of the Jacksons’ on stage for a world wide Pay Per View event to be held on or about July 2009. It was the single biggest offer to an artist in the history of the concert business.

Q: At any time did Frank DiLeo disclose to All Good Entertainment that Michael was already in negotiations with AEG via his business manager Dr. Tohme R. Tohme?
No. We first learned of the O2 dates on January 7, when one of our Partners had learned from someone inside of AEG that the negotiations were very close to being finalized and that AEG expected to announce shortly after the Grammy’s. On January 21, we learned from an individual who had dined with Tohme the previous evening that MJ was committed to a “very big project” which we assumed was the AEG deal.

Q: Are you in anyway, attempting to block the This Is It concert series from happening?
We are trying to secure our date for next year’s family reunion concert in Dallas. To that end, we will use every tool in our shed to enforce our contractual right to that event.

Q: On Nov 1st, 2008, Michael Jackson via his manager Dr. Tohme R. Tohme released the following statement: “My brothers and sisters have my full love and support, and we’ve certainly shared many great experiences. But at this time I have no plans to record or tour with them. I am now in the studio developing new and exciting projects that I look forward to sharing with my fans in concert soon.” Did Frank DiLeo ever notify you of this statement?
No. The statement, however, was in response to a comment made by Jermaine while in Austrailia. We actually did raise the issue of Jermaine’s “Family Tour” comment with Dileo and he dismissed it as “Jermaine’s attempt at keeping the press focused on him.” The Tohme comment did not effect our proposal since we were contemplating a tour.

Q: Did All Good Entertainment retain Frank DiLeo for a fee of two million dollars to secure Michael Jackson and his family for the reunion concert?
Mr. Dileo would have received a total of $550,000 plus a commission.

Q: Were you aware that AEG were in negotiations with Michael Jackson and Dr. Tohme in Nov, 2008, the same time when All Good Entertainment was in negotiations with Frank DiLeo?
We knew of several failed attempts by AEG to get MJ to commit to a “Prince” like deal at the O2; we had no knowledge of any ongoing negotiations until January 7, 2009.

Q: Are you planning on filing a lawsuit in federal court against Frank DiLeo?
Very unfortunately yes – a lawsuit is now imminent and will be filed in Federal Court. I have made every possible effort try to secure our concert for next year, but Frank Dileo has poisoned Michael on the idea and told me that “it’s not going to happen.”

Q: What would you like to tell Michael Jackson's fans about this situation? Do you feel like you have been defrauded?
I want MJ’s fans to know that we always put Michael’s and the family’s interest above our own. We were told by Michael that he had “another committment” and he would perform our show as long as it didn’t conflict. When it was confirmed that he was talking about the London dates, we were always ammenable to working around the shows. When MJ told us that he would perform our show when he came back from London, we agreed to a summer 2010 date. Unlike other individuals or companies who have filed lawsuits against MJ seeking astronomical damages, we are trying to put a historic amount of money back into his pocket through our one night only U.S. concert.

Q: How did you come into contact with Frank DiLeo?
Shortly after meeting with Mr. Joe Jackson in Las Vegas about the proposed Jackson Family Reunion Concert, my associate, recommended that we follow-up with Frank. We met Frank and his Partner, Mark Lamicka, in Nashville a few weeks later.

so it was all Joe's idea?

detailed post from TSCM about the contract and lawsuit posted on May 11, 2009

A dispute has arisen between New Jersey based entertainment firm, AllGood Entertainment, Inc. ("AGE"), and Frank Dileo in conjunction with AEG regarding Michael Jackson's planned summer concerts at London's O2. MJJR.net has reviewed several comprehensive documents and proposals from the firm regarding this matter and will now explain the circumstances as they stand.

The plan of AllGood Entertainment was to host a "one-time event" tentatively titled "The Jackson Family Reunion: A Concert for the World" in the summer of 2009. The concert would star Michael and Janet Jackson while also including his siblings: LaToya, Rebbie, and all of his brothers. Billed as "The Most Anticipated Concert Event in Music History" the concert was anticipated to gross more than $93 million through a variety of means including ticket sales (at $135 each), sponsoring, Pay-Per-View access, DVD and CD sales, merchandising, digital downloads, broadcasting, and licensing. Using such a figure as a selling point, the company sought out a sponsorship to help fund the endeavor which included around $30 million of expenses.

The concert was anticipated to be held in one of several stadiums--either in New Orleans, San Diego, New Jersey, or Atlanta. The event would be day long and recorded professionally for Pay-Per-View and DVD releases with a projected first-showing audience of 100 million. The Pay-Per-View would fetch and estimated 3 to 7 million purchasers at $30 each, and there would be a worldwide market campaign building up to the event.

In addition to the proposal (which was drafted in attempts of locating a sponsor to fund the project), MJJR.net has reviewed several contractual documents between AllGood Entertainment and Frank Dileo. On November 26, 2008, a four page confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement was signed with regards to the reunion concert; the document is signed by roughly half a dozen parties including Frank Dileo. The term of the agreement was for 18 months following November 2008. The other signed agreement, drafted on November 21, 2008 and signed on November 25, 2008, was again four pages and signed by Frank Dileo and affiliated parties of AllGood Entertainment. This agreement called for at least a 90 minute performance by Michael Jackson and 150 minute performance overall by all parties of the Jackson family. The agreement also called for a press conference in which all Jackson family members were present to announce the concert. The Jackson family members would receive $24 million in profit for their involvement with the remaining money being distributed to the affiliated parties.

It should be noted that nowhere in any contract does the signature or authorization of ANY Jackson family member exist, it appears these contracts and proposals were drafted explicitly by Frank Dileo and AllGood Entertainment with no signed confirmation by any of the Jackson family members; it is unclear to what degree the Jackson family members are even aware of the whole situation.

Back on March 27, 2009, AllGood Entertainment sent a cease and desist letter via e-mail to Randy Phillips of AEG, which MJJR.net has also reviewed. This was in regards to an article that appeared online questioning who Michael Jackson's spokesperson really was, which stated: "A spokesman for Dileo told CelebrityAccess that they would release a statement along with AEG to address Rowe's claims next week and suggested that legal action may be in the offing." The letter threatened AEG with legal action if Frank Dileo continued any alleged partnership with AEG during the period of time he was meant to be with AllGood Entertainment.

On April 11, 2009 Randy Phillips responded to the cease and desist notice in stating that "Mr. Dileo and does not involve AEG Live in any manner whatsoever," and advised AllGood Entertainment that any legal issues were between that company and Frank Dileo and it has no involvement with AEG or their Jackson-related endeavors what-so-ever. In fact, this claim was reiterated in two separate e-mails from Mr. Phillips, and it has been stated that he worked directly with Michael Jackson and Dr. Tohme Tohme to negotiate the AEG contracts and procedures. In rebuttal of these claims, AllGood Entertainment sent a second notice again citing the CelebrityAccess article published on the Internet which referenced Frank Dileo as acting on behalf of Michael Jackson and AEG. However, the notice by AllGood Entertainment also seems to erroneously quote the published article using quotes which do not actually appear in the article itself. As a final follow-up, AllGood Entertainment wrote: "While Frank Dileo's actions were reprehensible, AEG's very public support of Dileo and continued association with him despite our efforts to Cease and Desist them, is tantamount to anti-trust and anti-competitive practices."

In summary, two contracts and agreements were signed by December 1, 2008 by Frank Dileo and parties relating to Dileo's agency and AllGood Entertainment's agency. None of these contracts bare any signature of the Jacksons, nor has there been any confirmation that the Jackson siblings are aware of these concert-related plans. Even within the proposal that detailed at length the expenses, profits, and plans of each artist, there are no direct quotes from any of the Jacksons themselves to bring credence to the proposal. After reviewing many documents and communications regarding this conflict, MJJR.net does not believe that the dispute between Frank Dileo and AllGood Entertainment will have any negative impact on AEG and the O2 concerts.

With no signatures or authorization by Michael Jackson within the contracts between Frank Dileo and AllGood Entertainment, and seemingly just one online Web site referencing that Frank Dileo had any involvement with AEG, there does not appear to be much legal cause for concern over the O2 concerts. Again, the cease and desist letter did not occur until the night that CelebrityAccess published an article proclaiming that Frank Dileo and AEG would release a statement the following week with regards to Leonard Rowe's questionable involvement. No such statement was ever released, Randy Phillips insisted that he only worked through Michael Jackson and Dr. Tohme Tohme in the matter, and the article in question only cites a "spokesperson of Frank Dileo" as the source and does not include any direct quotes from Frank Dileo himself.

Finally, on October 30, 2008 (one month before any such contracts, proposals, or agreements were drafted and signed), Michael Jackson issued the following statement: "My brothers and sisters have my full love and support, and we’ve certainly shared many great experiences, but at this time I have no plans to record or tour with them. I am now in the studio developing new and exciting projects that I look forward to sharing with my fans in concert soon." Stay tuned...

Source: MJJR.net

I agree that Michaels did not sign it. His name is on the contract though as its about him and his brothers.

AGE dont have a leg to stand on and they wont get anywhere near that if anything at all.

I also dont like it when people disregard Michael's own words. It happens a lot here. Michael was aware of it and said "Yes" he was doing the shows. Now people can say Mike was just saying that it doesnt mean anything, but he could have easily have said "No" too.

Well, he released a statement on October 30th...stating he would not be part of any show with the brothers. So, we are listening to him.

As for what he told a paparazzi...who cares? He might have understood the question...We will never know why or what he said yes to.

And I think you said it happened after a visit to Klein and we know he had been shooting MJ up with a few things for weeks / months before he died.

Either way, an official statement has a lot more weight than a paparazzi footage in this instance.

Thank You Di I just have one question....I wonder how they come up with a number like 3000.000.000......its not like they already sold tickets and all the concerts were cancelled....they rreally are not out much..right...or am I missing something??

Joe has always wanted The Jacksons back together.

But one Jackson did not want that. Now I can understand why it would be hard to believe that the brothers knew nothing about it when one member in the family was doing interviews saying that all of the family was on board for some shows but one member of the family did not want to do it. They would not say who the person was but we all knew it was Michael. In fact the person said they were busy calling him trying to get him to do it

Thank You Di I just have one question....I wonder how they come up with a number like 3000.000.000......its not like they already sold tickets and all the concerts were cancelled....they rreally are not out much..right...or am I missing something??

they initially sued for $40 million but then increased it to $300 million. from TMZ news "why the demand has swelled from $40 mil to $300 mil, AllGood says it never anticipated that Jackson would die and that a movie would be made, which now ups the ante."

basically they are saying that if Michael was working on a concert with them and died, they would be the ones to do a movie like TII and would earn that money as well.

Regardless of whether they have a valid claim or not, they are being extremely greedy IMO.

Anything for $$$$!

I hope they don't get that kind of money. Michael signed nothing and nothing was promoted, tickets sold etc. That sounds like a lot of money for a one night show they wanted to do. Why doesn't the brothers and Janet continue and do the one night show? Michael cannot. Leave him alone.

they initially sued for $40 million but then increased it to $300 million. from TMZ news "why the demand has swelled from $40 mil to $300 mil, AllGood says it never anticipated that Jackson would die and that a movie would be made, which now ups the ante."

basically they are saying that if Michael was working on a concert with them and died, they would be the ones to do a movie like TII and would earn that money as well.

Regardless of whether they have a valid claim or not, they are being extremely greedy IMO.
thank you I understand now....they are just showing greed just like the rest..:(

If this wasn't so sad it would be laughable.

he would have not been able to perfrom for age anyway he was dead by their planned date was he not?

We really need to discuss that lawsuit AGAIN?

People much more qualified (no offense) than Dangerous Incorporated has clarified everything.

Some people here seem to really work for this garbage called TMZ - or are just addicted to.

My comment about them saying they knew nothing about these shows is not false. What you heard them say on a TV show and what I heard they said on the TV show are two different things

Then you and I werent watching the same show:
[youtube]NB7zujipxpY[/youtube]
So the brothers DID know about it.

Later in the show this was shown:
[youtube]ApF3YPkD4K8[/youtube]

Ive seen the contract and the brothers have not signed it, only Frank (who received money from it), so why is this lawyer talking about the brothers being sued and that they have to do 2 new songs etc? I dont think theyre talking about AGE in this video. If they were, they would have had to have done something by now to satify whoever is suing them and AGE wouldnt be suing only Michael.

:cheers:

People much more qualified (no offense) than Dangerous Incorporated has clarified everything.

Some people here seem to really work for this garbage called TMZ - or are just addicted to.

This is "new" news. Some were not here when things were first discussed and legitimately have questions. Why not let people discuss it that is what the forum is for. If you are tired off hearing abouit it then politely leave the thread without starting this negative vibe in the thread.

With LOVE!

This Just In From, You Guessed It, TMZ

Michael Jackson Estate -- Claim for $300 Mil
Posted Feb 22nd 2010 7:44PM by TMZ Staff
The company that sued Michael Jackson for allegedly torpedoing a family concert has just filed a $300,000,000 creditor's claim against MJ's estate.

AllGood Entertainment claims it had a deal with Jackson to put on a Jackson family concert and alleges the deal was broken when Jackson committed to the London series of concerts. In the $300,000,000 federal lawsuit filed in October 2009, AllGood was asking for profits from "This Is It" along with revenues from the Sony catalog.

AllGood claims Michael Jackson and his agent, Frank Dileo, "secretly teamed up with AEG [Live] to produce a concert or series of concerts in London."

AllGood Entertainment filed the claim Friday.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/22/micha...creditors-claim-london-concert/#ixzz0gJeHZs7F

Michael's estate is not worried about this lawsuit because michael NEVER signed on the dotted line.....

???? Im not in defense of this lawsuit at all. I think its bogus and that AGE wont get a dime. I dont know what you're on about singling me out.

Then you and I werent watching the same show:
[youtube]NB7zujipxpY[/youtube]
So the brothers DID know about it.

Later in the show this was shown:
[youtube]ApF3YPkD4K8[/youtube]

Ive seen the contract and the brothers have not signed it, only Frank (who received money from it), so why is this lawyer talking about the brothers being sued and that they have to do 2 new songs etc? I dont think theyre talking about AGE in this video. If they were, they would have had to have done something by now to satify whoever is suing them and AGE wouldnt be suing only Michael.

:cheers:

No I never watched that show. However I do know that the brothers put a statement out saying they knew nothing about this deal

Back