UK TV Alert: ***RE-AIRS*** My Friend Michael Jackson: Uri's Story, Monday 27th July 2009

Re: UK TV Alert: My Friend Michael Jackson: Uri's Story, Sunday 26th July 2009

sunnyday or sugarbunny, can you please answer my question about whether you think what Uri said about drugs is true? With what you're saying, it makes me think you believe it. I just would really like to know what you made of that, as I think it was a lie.

MJJ2TheMAX - I agree about it not showing Michael in a positive light. It made him seem naive, stupid, desperate. All the things that Michael is NOT.
I really don't know about that. Only God, Uri, Matt and Michael knows that. It doesn't matter what I think. If it was true would you think of Michael any less? I know I wouldn't.
And Michael WAS naive when he said he was sharing his bed with kids. Why deny that he wasn't? I'd rather have that rather than having him accused as a child molester.

Last edited:

I can't stand Uri Geller, he's always name dropping Michael to get publicity and gain profit for himself. To be honest, I feel that the people closest to Michael are the people who have stayed quiet and obviously Uri isn't one of them. Michael left us just over a month ago, how could anyone that considers themself a true friend of Michael sell him out so quickly? Imagine if you had a famous friend or relative that passed away, if you had the relationship Uri claims he had with Michael, could you bring yourself to sell 'never before seen videos' to a big company like ITV? Would you be able to sit there and regurgitate your special, 'private' memories with that person infront of millions? I know I couldn't. Uri did all that just a month after Michael passed, it almost looks as if he had been planned to sell him out if Michael passed before him.
The whole thing was quite desperate really, he looked like some crazed paparazzi who had been lucky enough to bump into Michael a few times, not someone who cared about him or knew him well enough to call him a 'friend'.

Uri was a lucky man. He had the chance to meet Michael and spend a bit of time with him but that does not mean he was his friend!!!

I'm sorry Michael had to deal with people like him :(

I really don't know about that. Only God, Uri, Matt and Michael knows that. It doesn't matter what I think. If it was true would you think of Michael any less? I know I wouldn't.

No I wouldn't. But even if it ifs true he shouldn't be telling the world and his dog about on TV after his death, that's my point. It's so disrespectful.

sunnyday or sugarbunny, can you please answer my question about whether you think what Uri said about drugs is true? With what you're saying, it makes me think you believe it. I just would really like to know what you made of that, as I think it was a lie.
."

What do you want me too say? Do you want me to say Uri Geller is a lieing piece of scum, who never knew Michael and was a liar? Ill agree with you to keep the peace if you like?
A
re you looking for opinons to ridicule though? If so ill keep mine to myself from now one.

Uri geller exposed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuaJWLeSmEc

I never understood what was up with all this israeli smuley-geller thing.

Well here's my opinion if anyone cares lol

It was a wasted opportunity. I had hoped that Uri might use the platform to explain to everyone what I wonderful man Michael was and how intelligent he was. Unfortunately it did not come across that way at all.

It merely seemed that it was all about Uri. Talking about how they had such chemistry together etc. It was cringeworthy. It was an opportunity to stoke his ego even further.

And really, what footage was there that we hadnt already seen? The Harrods piece and the train scenes thats all. If he was a friend, why would he need to hypnotise Michael? Wouldnt a friend just trust him? Why did he go on about Michael being late for his wedding, without explaining why he was late? Why did he allow that girl at Exeter to be included, talking so disrespectfully about his face, after he gave her encouragement about her cancer? Why did he tell everyone that Michael wanted a knighthood? It made him come across as arrogant. Why did he say Michael was gullible when he's the one that came up with the idea of taking him to the moon? Why on earth did that Peter Pan man have to make MJ seem like a maniac, going on about clutching his knees, and begging to play the role.

And why the HELL did he have to ruin the whole thing with the drug allegations. Keep it private! We dont want to hear this!

On a positive note, I liked the scene in the train when Mark LEster sat next to Michael. Michael seemed way more comfortable with Mark than Uri. And it was really nice what Mark had to say about Michael and his children. Now THAT's a true friend! Someone who respects their friendship and talks to the media only to tell them what MJ was really like. Its not about him at all. Uri, on the other hand, just wanted to feel special and bask in his own importance. Notice how he walked shoulder to shoulder with him all the time, acting like a bodyguard?

And I'm sorry to say it, but there were no tears in his eyes when he was "crying". And trust me, I'm an expert when it comes to fake and real crying. You hear it in their voice before their eyes. It was all for effect.

It brings me no pleasure to say this. I actually was one of the fans that liked Uri and believed in his abilities. I really wanted to believe he was better than this. Honest to God.

Agreed.
It all felt really pretentious and I couldn't stop cringing.

Uri exposed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuaJWLeSmEc

Overall I thought it was a good documentary, even though Geller is out for the money. Look Michael was human so the bits about Michael saying he wanted a Knighthood -whats wrong with that, he was always ambitious. Bits about the drugs, I think everyone should believe what they want to believe, We will find out this week anyway. I personally think Uri had some truth in this eyes and actually feels a lot of guilt. I didn't expect to see that in him. The footage of Michael was so special. I loved the footage of him shopping, liking the blue shirt with the crown on it...awww! I loved the fact that Uri referred to him having time for evryone and saying he was gentle and loving, because he was! It was 100 x more positive than usual so maybe we should be greatful for that at least. The end made me break down in tears though and when Uri said that Michael's gift was to absorve all the love and positive energy from his fans and use that in his performance. Seeing him in the Bucharest footage, I have tried hard not to watch that lately. The tears keep coming!

Overall I thought it was a good documentary, even though Geller is out for the money. Look Michael was human so the bits about Michael saying he wanted a Knighthood -whats wrong with that, he was always ambitious. Bits about the drugs, I think everyone should believe what they want to believe, We will find out this week anyway. I personally think Uri had some truth in this eyes and actually feels a lot of guilt. I didn't expect to see that in him. The footage of Michael was so special. I loved the footage of him shopping, liking the blue shirt with the crown on it...awww! I loved the fact that Uri referred to him having time for evryone and saying he was gentle and loving, because he was! It was 100 x more positive than usual so maybe we should be greatful for that at least. The end made me break down in tears though and when Uri said that Michael's gift was to absorve all the love and positive energy from his fans and use that in his performance. Seeing him in the Bucharest footage, I have tried hard not to watch that lately. The tears keep coming!

Nice post :)

."

What do you want me too say? Do you want me to say Uri Geller is a lieing piece of scum, who never knew Michael and was a liar? Ill agree with you to keep the peace if you like?
A
re you looking for opinons to ridicule though? If so ill keep mine to myself from now one.

No i dont think anyones being ridiculed on the board. the only person (some) people are angry about is Uri. Im just so curious to know what you think about Uri's drugs claims, not so i can make fun. im genuienly interested

to me its total ridiculous. I dont even think MJ even stayed at his house... so why did uri find him in bed?? why did MJ hide a drug habbit from so many people yet opening display it to Uri :no:

either he's lying.. which is disgusting

or he's telling the truth - in which case, why tell the public? why not have warned his family? why not have spoken to people close to him earlier

he makes my skin crawl

^ MJ2theMaxx, I agree.

Yeah I think Michael acted "weird" in almost every clip in this program. I did not follow MJ much before 2003, so i dont know. But he seemed more "normal" 2003-2009. He looked better last months than in this that's sure.

Exactly. After this whole deal with geller, Mike looked more normal. With Uri and smuley he looked high and had those crutches most of the time. What the hell kind of 'positive energy' was uri giving him?
..its really fishy...

What I don't understand is, that many MJ Fans think they know everything about him...that they would do everything right, if they knew MJ.

The image of MJ can't be worse after this doc...people thought after LWMJ, that MJ was a freak and some still think that way...as if these little things about knighthood, peter pan could make people think bad about him.

No i dont think anyones being ridiculed on the board. the only person (some) people are angry about is Uri. Im just so curious to know what you think about Uri's drugs claims, not so i can make fun. im genuienly interested

to me its total ridiculous. I dont even think MJ even stayed at his house... so why did uri find him in bed?? why did MJ hide a drug habbit from so many people yet opening display it to Uri :no:

either he's lying.. which is disgusting

or he's telling the truth - in which case, why tell the public? why not have warned his family? why not have spoken to people close to him earlier

he makes my skin crawl

Firstly I only watched it the once so my memory on exact words and details is vauge. Did Uri say it was at his home? And everyone seems to assume it was morning/night time when he was in bed. How do we know this didnt happen (if it happpened!!) whilst they were getting ready in a hotel or something and he collapsed on the bed?
His Family seemed to have known about the " long speculated" drug habit - theyve made that clear I think.

In relation to your sentence "why did MJ hide a drug habbit from so many people yet opening display it to Uri :no:" Trust in a friend maybe?

In relation to your sentence "why did MJ hide a drug habbit from so many people yet opening display it to Uri :no:" Trust in a friend maybe?

trust in a friend who youve only met a couple of times.. who, everytime youre together has a camera shoved in your face? nothing in that footage suggested a real friendship to me. and why also trust in that bodyguard at the same time.. i mean i'm actually laughing writing this!

if michael was going to trust anyone.. why uri?? why that ridiculous bodyguard?? How many people got to know MJ the same amount Uri did?? MJ must have had tonnes of acquantances at the same level of friendship as Uri

(im not denying MJ prob had issues with drugs. )

What I don't understand is, that many MJ Fans think they know everything about him...that they would do everything right, if they knew MJ.

The image of MJ can't be worse after this doc...people thought after LWMJ, that MJ was a freak and some still think that way...as if these little things about knighthood, peter pan could make people think bad about him.

I don't like Uri at all.
I know people make mistakes and that's okay, but Uri's most recent stunt, this documentry, is blatantly not a mistake. He did not have to hand over the footage or share his memories of Michael with the world.
Of course I'm glad we got to see some new Michael footage, but I'm confused why Uri never released it when Michael was alive. It's looks as if he waited until Michael was gone so Michael couldn't do or say anything against Uri and Uri could keep living in his little bubble, believing that he was one of Michael's closest friends.
The media have tortured Michael for ages, they've made him look crazy at times. Uri's input isn't helping. He's stirring trouble by saying he witnessed Michael on drugs. I don't know if that's true or not but it's funny how he's spilling all the beans now that Michael's gone.
In my opinion, that's not a true friend.

."

A

Are you serious? I was just genuinely interested in what you thought. I was trying to listen to your point of view. Don't worry I won't make that mistake again.

I agree with you, it's sad that people do these things when the person is already gone.

Good post and this is how I feel too. Was lovely to hear Michael's voice getting excited about the moon, bless him!

I suppose Uri only did the program for money, but at the end of the day I thought what he was saying was heartfelt and I was very grateful for the footage. The hug at Uri wedding was just beautiful :)

If I ever see gellar in the street I will straight walk right up to his bitch ass and bitch slapp him. Punk. I HATE him. Fuck off gellar

PLEASE ADD A SLAP OR TWO FOR ME. If I run into him, I'd be happy to give him a knee in the crotch.

Michael hadn't spoken to Uri since 2003 and he introduced him to Martin Bashir. I genuinely do not think Uri Geller had MJ best interests at heart. He exploited him for his own gain and he is still doing it!!

He introduced Michael to MJ?? He really needs more than a slapping.

trust in a friend who youve only met a couple of times.. who, everytime youre together has a camera shoved in your face? nothing in that footage suggested a real friendship to me. and why also trust in that bodyguard at the same time.. i mean i'm actually laughing writing this!

if michael was going to trust anyone.. why uri?? why that ridiculous bodyguard?? How many people got to know MJ the same amount Uri did?? MJ must have had tonnes of acquantances at the same level of friendship as Uri

(im not denying MJ prob had issues with drugs. )

Why did he trust all the other people that fucked up his life? Michael was just a trusting person I believe.

The only thing I didn't like about it was when he was watching MJ in the car with fans at the window n he said it felt like a religious experience,god like and that fans thought of Michael as Jesus!! Thanks for that Uri..certainly adds to the image of the crazed MJ fan. Everything else was positive. Uri came over quite strange though so whether that helped Michael's 'strange' image I dunno. I liked it overall. It was obvious he was trying to get a positive image of MJ over.. with the other people who were there talking. Like someone else said though.. it was kind of a wasted opportunity to speak more about Michael as a person.

Non-fans have seen MJ in a new light vs. tabloid gossip, and for that I'm thankful. It wasn't the best it could have been but it was positive.

Last edited:

But how about the part where she said it was amazing for a person so huge like Michael Jackson to take time to talk to her, and be so positive that it made her leave the statium with a new positive attitude to beat her cancer.

EI disliked that girl with a heavy jawline who had cancer and met Michael at Exeter City FC, and said Michael looked like a waxwork, his nose was too small and that she couldn't stop looking at it. Was there any need for her screen time, I don't think their was.

I'm just watching it now...what is obvious to me is that Uri was obsessed with Michael's celebrity status......he keeps going on about "the biggest celebrity in the world" blah blah blah
BUT I do like one thing he said, that when Michael hugged him at the wedding, his hug was "pure love, unconditional love"....that's a perfect image :wub:

Another thing I thought was a bit suspect and why I didn't believe Uri was telling the truth is that he said Michael asked him to put himunder hypnosis to help him stop him eating junk food, well why would Michael ask for hypnosis to help him stop eating junk food rather than hypnosis to get him off dependency of prescription drugs if that is true (which I don't believe is) or even hypnosis for the pain as hypnosis can help with that.

This just does not make sense, so Michael is concerned about eating junk food but not prescription drugs...... Hmmmm. If Michael was concerned about dangers of junk food then it is not likely he wasn't concerned about the dangers of prescription drugs. I just don't believe Uri.

Another thing I thought was a bit suspect and why I didn't believe Uri was telling the truth is that he said Michael asked him to put himunder hypnosis to help him stop him eating junk food, well why would Michael ask for hypnosis to help him stop eating junk food rather than hypnosis to get him off dependency of prescription drugs if that is true (which I don't believe is) or even hypnosis for the pain as hypnosis can help with that.

This just does not make sense, so Michael is concerned about eating junk food but not prescription drugs...... Hmmmm. If Michael was concerned about dangers of junk food then it is not likely he wasn't concerned about the dangers of prescription drugs. I just don't believe Uri.
Well...yeah, but on the other hand if we're to believe Uri and MJ's inner circle or family, MJ didn't even want to talk about the subject of the drugs. The hypnosis thing happened early in their relationship, so who would talk about drug addiction to someone they just met??:scratch:

I don't believe the whole 'I hypnotised him' thing.. think Uri made that up just as a way of telling people of MJs innocence.

Sorry if someone already mentioned this, but for anyone who missed it...

This is supposed to be on again TONIGHT (Monday, July 27) on ITV2 at 9pm (UK), at least according to ITV's own online program guide. http://www.itv.com/TVGuide/default.html

I love michael and i think he was a massive people pleaser- but i dont understand how that is an excuse? u arrive late back to the hotel but u call uri dont you? say ur going to be late? or anticipated that u were going to be late at the hotel and tried to go earlier or missed sleep and gone? i dont understand :( then the article says he was late ot a have a pre-speech dinner in oxford and didnt got in the end :( but why? and why didint he tell them? i know he;s incredibly busy guy and relally i shud cut him some slack probably wanted his own time or his kids needed something or he was freaking fed up of media circus. but a simple call to someone to say you will be late maybe? unless he did. i dont know. i dont understand it.

No it's not an excuse. It was the only thing I could find about it. Maybe he woke up late and went straight to the reception. He was on crutches during that visit. Maybe it was something to do with that. If I find out anything else about it, I'll post it here.

Back