TV Alert: Rebbie Jackson on the Today Show 4/22/10 (Threads Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: TV Alert: Rebbie Jackson on the Today Show 4/22/10

I'll just wait until I get back home to hear what was said, don't need to be upset for the day today. I just hope the great person Michael Jackson was, was reflected in the interview 'cause nobody seems to wanna talk about that.

Me too. I cannot watch it until I get home from work. I hope she focuses on the good points. At this point since the case is ongoing and they can't give much info anyway, I don't even want to hear about it. As we get closer to his anniversay I would rather just hear light hearted stories that make me smile more.

Nobody wants to be upset.

Interesting...Rebbie watched Mark Lester repeat his BS that he might be the kids' father, but she did not say anything.

If it was me...

So Mark Lester is back in the picture...talking about the kids. Why was he talking about the kids like he was some kind of expert, do the Jacksons still let him have contact with the kids?

If so, why? we know Mark Lester is still friends with Randy Jackson...

Last edited:

she handle not even giving Mark to secounds of any words dude is a lose cannon while can't believe they showed her that interview of Mark Perpetrating a fraud a damn cornball

Interesting...Rebbie watched Mark Lester repeat his BS that he might be the kids' father, but she did not say anything.

If it was me...

So Mark Lester is back in the picture...talking about the kids. Why was he talking about the kids like he was some kind of expert, do the Jacksons still let him have contact with the kids?

Michael did not deserve the family he had. When I have problems with my family I remember the Jackson family and just thank God for the relatives I have.

Again, that's enough. Do not resort to name calling and calling other members stupid. Its not nice.

If it was me...

Oh good...when you think ppl won't sink lower...poor kids,I'm not an expert like Lester but I can sense they'll be so pissed off in the near future...who are these kids supposed to trust if not even the family defend their right to call their father "daddy"?!

Oh good...when you think ppl won't sink lower...poor kids,I'm not an expert like Lester but I can sense they'll be so pissed off in the near future...who are these kids supposed to trust if not even the family defend their right to call their father "daddy"?!

The only people they are hurting are 3 innoncent kids.

How vile is that?

And I think it is even sadder that those that are supposed to protect these kids are assisting these charlatans.

Don't call what someone else said "stupid". It's not necessary.

Also, don't you think MJ showed everyone only what he wanted them to see, family included. They were not around him very often and rarely saw him. Don't you think when they did see him, it was whomever he chose to portray?

Also, we can choose science over an opinion in this case. Stacey has already warned the thread about making claims MJ was drug addicted when he died. Let's adhere to this here. Thanks!

If anyone has disagreements they would like to discuss further, please PM one another.

Beautiful!!!

Rebbie asked the reporter to send a "hi" to London (the kid, not the city). I wonder if London (the kid, not the city) will ask her why the idiot is saying on TV that Paris is not your cousin. Maybe he will also ask why Rebbie said nothing about it on TV.

Perhaps Rebbie think he'll be distracted because of the hi (and with the constant images of the body of his uncle being transported by helicopter).

I'm having trouble watching the entire video. It keeps stopping for me.

The only people they are hurting are 3 innoncent kids.

How vile is that?

And I think it is even sadder that those that are supposed to protect these kids are assisting these charlatans.

It's the worse thing they can do to both M and HIS kids,denying them the only parent they know and loved them,and hurting the most important people in M's life.
They accomplished to to both in few minutes...not only they are vile but also cowards because they waited the man to be killed before spitting on him and even worse his kids are too young to be THEIR father voice...
Hurting defenseless targets...and doing nothing to defend them...

I saw the interview and it seems as if his family is using his death for their gain..I can understand why Michael wasn't really that close to his family members..

It's the worse thing they can do to both M and HIS kids,denying them the only parent they know and loved them,and hurting the most important people in M's life.
They accomplished to to both in few minutes...not only they are vile but also cowards because they waited the man to be killed before spitting on him and even worse his kids are too young to be THEIR father voice...
Hurting defenseless targets...and doing nothing to defend them...

I believe Mark Lester is only doing Randy Jackson's dirty work.

Period.

I truly think Randall Stevens Jackson is the most vile & dangerous person in these kids' life.

He wants to discredit their relationship with their father. Even if he was to succeed, he would still not get to the money.

I believe in Karma.

ETA No, Justhefacts, I agree it does not say that he is in the kids' life. but from him talking about Paris' birthday...karate class, you get the idea that someone in the family is keeping him abreast.

No one said anything about Lester beng back in the kids life. Come on people that is why he was on tv today no one allows him near the kids

I believe Mark Lester is only doing Randy Jackson's dirty work.

Period.

I truly think Randall Stevens Jackson is the most vile & dangerous person in these kids' life.

He wants to discredit their relationship with their father. Even if he was to succeed, he would still not get to the money.

I believe in Karma.

ETA No, Justhefacts, I agree it does not say that he is in the kids' life. but from him talking about Paris' birthday...karate class, you get the idea that someone in the family is keeping him abreast.

I know this is off-topic but I would just like to ask: What makes you think Randy would do such horrible things? I've heard you and another member here speak negatively about him for quite some time and I cannot understand why. What did he do wrong besides create that whole mess regarding MJ's finances after the trial?

Last edited:

Wow. TBH, Kinda pointless. I can understand Janet giving interviews and MJ somehow being brought up but Rebbie? How random. Seems like every sibling is using MJ to their advantage. But who's REALLY checking for Rebbie? :mello:

I'm having trouble watching the entire video. It keeps stopping for me.

A summary:

1) A video talking about the tribute to MJ by the Circus of the Sun, the trial of Dr. Death and Mark Lester talking his usual nonsense.

2) A cheerful Rebbie saying she will do a show that will not pays homage to MJ (but the show will have songs from MJ, of course).

3) Rebbie did not talk about the drugs - a miracle! - but she thought a lot and look down (as Janet) before saying that Dr. Death was guilty. She said she could not talk much because the case was under investigation - another miracle!!!

4) Rebbie asking them to send a "hi" to London Blue.

By Mike Celizic
updated 9:37 a.m. ET April 22, 2010

*function UpdateTimeStamp(pdt) { var n = document.getElementById("udtD"); if(pdt != '' && n && window.DateTime) { var dt = new DateTime(); pdt = dt.T2D(pdt); if(dt.GetTZ(pdt)) {n.innerHTML = dt.D2S(pdt,((''.toLowerCase()=='false')?false:true));} } } UpdateTimeStamp('634075402246270000');

Michael Jackson’s three children went through some difficult days after their father’s sudden death 10 months ago, the singer’s eldest sister said Thursday, but now, surrounded by nurturing family members, they are recovering well.

Rebbie Jackson also said there may be some prosecution surprises in store when Dr. Conrad Murray goes on trial for his role in her brother’s death. “There’s an ongoing investigation, so I have to be very careful about what I say. But I think there’s going to be some interesting results for everyone,” she told TODAY’s Matt Lauer in New York.

So far, Murray, Jackson’s personal physician, is the only person charged in the superstar singer’s death. He is accused of involuntary manslaughter for administering a lethal dose of the powerful anesthetic propofol to Jackson at the Los Angeles home he was renting.

Rebbie Jackson said she’s been kept abreast of the police investigation. Asked if Murray is the only person implicated, she said, “I think it’s a lot more than that possibly. We’ll find out. I can’t say too much, but it’s interesting what’s going on.”

Earlier, Jeff Rossen of NBC News had reported that Murray will not attempt to strike a plea bargain with prosecutors.

“There’s absolutely not going to be a plea deal here,” former LA. prosecutor Robin Sax told NBC. “Dr. Murray's defense team isn't backing down, and neither are prosecutors. This is going to come down to a battle of the experts. And it's not a slam dunk for either side.”

Kids getting better

While the legal process grinds on, Rebbie said that her brother’s three children, Prince, 13, Paris, 12, and Blanket, 8, are thriving and continuing the process of emotional healing after losing their father.

The children, who grew up in a protective cocoon, continue to be insulated from the world. Rebbie moved in with them and her mother, Katherine Jackson, in Los Angeles for nearly three months after Jackson’s death last June.

She said she continues to see them as often as she can, commuting from her Las Vegas home to their home in Los Angeles.

“They’re with family members,” Rebbie said. “They’re insulated, you might say, and surrounded with a lot of cousins. I think it’s helping them to be stable, but it’s very difficult.”

She said the kids went through a very difficult time in the days and weeks immediately following Jackson’s death.

“It was very difficult. It was very hard,” Rebbie said. “But yet, day by day you could see the progress of family members getting better and dealing with the situation better and feeling more serene about it.”

Now, she said, “They seem to be doing fine.”

Mark Lester, the kids’ godfather and the former child star of the musical “Oliver,” agreed.

“The kids are happy,” Lester told NBC News. “Paris' birthday was earlier this month. They had a big party. They're getting out, going to the cinema. They’re happy. Things are settling down. That’s good.” Lester pointed to Paris as the strongest of the singer’s three children.

While others struggle to cope, Michael Jackson’s career continues to thrive even after the singer’s death. A new deal has been struck to feature his music on a Cirque du Soleil production that will tour the country next year and settle in Las Vegas by 2012.

Reality show

Part of that deal is a prospective reality show, reportedly a cross between “American Idol” and “Dancing with the Stars.” Winners of the TV competition would join the Cirque du Soleil production.

Rebbie, the first of the 10 Jackson siblings, is also resurrecting her own music career with a concert in Scranton, Pa., this weekend.
Born Maureen Reillette Jackson in 1950, Rebbie defied her father’s wishes when she married Nathaniel Brown at the age of 18 and moved to Kentucky, where she had two daughters, Stacee and Yashi, and a son, Austin. She made some appearances with the Jacksons, both on stage and on their television show, but didn’t release her first solo album, “Centipede,” until 1984. Michael wrote the title song for her and it reached No. 4 on the R&B charts. The album topped out at 13th place. She released three more albums: “Reaction” in 1986, “R U Tuff Enuff” in 1988, and “Yours Faithfully” in 1998.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/36708287/ns/today-today_people/

How are Michael Jackson’s kids holding up?

His sister says they’re ‘doing fine’; their godfather says Paris is strongest.

By Mike Celizic
TODAYshow.com contributor
updated 9:37 a.m. ET April 22, 2010
Michael Jackson’s three children went through some difficult days after their father’s sudden death 10 months ago, the singer’s eldest sister said Thursday, but now, surrounded by nurturing family members, they are recovering well.
Rebbie Jackson also said there may be some prosecution surprises in store when Dr. Conrad Murray goes on trial for his role in her brother’s death. “There’s an ongoing investigation, so I have to be very careful about what I say. But I think there’s going to be some interesting results for everyone,” she told TODAY’s Matt Lauer in New York.
So far, Murray, Jackson’s personal physician, is the only person charged in the superstar singer’s death. He is accused of involuntary manslaughter for administering a lethal dose of the powerful anesthetic propofol to Jackson at the Los Angeles home he was renting.
Rebbie Jackson said she’s been kept abreast of the police investigation. Asked if Murray is the only person implicated, she said, “I think it’s a lot more than that possibly. We’ll find out. I can’t say too much, but it’s interesting what’s going on.”
Earlier, Jeff Rossen of NBC News had reported that Murray will not attempt to strike a plea bargain with prosecutors.
“There’s absolutely not going to be a plea deal here,” former LA. prosecutor Robin Sax told NBC. “Dr. Murray's defense team isn't backing down, and neither are prosecutors. This is going to come down to a battle of the experts. And it's not a slam dunk for either side.”

Read more: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/36708287/ns/today-today_people/#ixzz0lq8vyCo3

I know this is off-topic but I would just like to ask: What makes you think Randy would do such horrible things? I've heard you and another member here speak negatively about him for quite some time and I cannot understand why. What did he do wrong besides create that whole mess regarding MJ's finances after the trial?

Because Randal Stevens Jackson is, despite being born from the same mother as MJ, an angry, greedy, jealous, conniving human being. He doesn't talk much in the media, aside from his courtroom tweets, but he is the one pulling the strings. And he has the full support and protection of several of his siblings, including Miss Nasty herself.

As simple as that.

Others here know what has been going on in the Jacksons' household...and we are all frustrated, angry and disgusted that his beloved children are caught in the middle.

And that is all I am gonna say on this matter.

Wow. TBH, Kinda pointless. I can understand Janet giving interviews and MJ somehow being brought up but Rebbie? How random. Seems like every sibling is using MJ to their advantage. But who's REALLY checking for Rebbie? :mello:

They are all using their drug addict dead brother to further their **gulp*** dead career

Because Randal Stevens Jackson is, despite being born from the same mother as MJ, an angry, greedy, jealous, conniving human being. He doesn't talk much in the media, aside from his courtroom tweets, but he is the one pulling the strings. And he has the full support and protection of several of his siblings, including Miss Nasty herself.

As simple as that.

Others here know what has been going on in the Jacksons' household...and we are all frustrated, angry and disgusted that his beloved children are caught in the middle.

And that is all I am gonna say on this matter.

They are all using their drug addict dead brother to further their **gulp*** dead career

TBH, its kind of deluded to ASSUME you know whats going on behind the curtains :lol:

I guess the truth hurts......

It's their time to shine now, Michael is history they've been on the backseat for the longest time possible.

Last edited:

I want to say one thing about the whole drug thing..Read my whole post please before responding to me.

Ok, I'm not saying Michael was drug addict, but IF he was, why is that such a horrible thing? Some of you act like being a drug addict is as bad as being a murderer or something.. Plenty of great and legendary people have had problems with drugs in life. Again, IM NOT SAYING HE was.

Yet there is constant reports of family members/friends
/news outlets saying that he did have a problem. How would you all explain that? Is it really some big conspiracy against him?

Again, I'm not saying he was one, but if you constantly have people saying that he was, why would you expect them to believe the opposite?

As far as the Rebbie interview, the one thing that angered me was the "Where did these Children come from?" idea....give me a break, these people who don't believe that they are his children are probably the same people who thought he bleached his skin.

TBH, its kind of deluded to ASSUME you know whats going on behind the curtains :lol:

I guess the truth hurts......

Maybe.....not

:cheeky:

Last edited:
^ Totally agree!

If Michael was addict or not: Murray made some very big mistakes! To me Murray is the one who killed Michael. If Michael really were addiced to drugs, why did this f*cking Doc support it?

In my oppinion: Murray was just the one who "DID IT". I want to know who said to him "do it"...

As simple as that.

I would have to agree with you when it comes to Randy.

In MY opinion, he is truly upset that Michael did not appoint him an executor of the will. Homeboy wants to be in charge and if the estate continues to make those HUGE deals, I'm afraid Randy's head is going to explode, because he is not able to get his hands on any of that money.

The quest for money does UGLY things to "some" folks and I'm afraid, at times, that's what we are seeing in this case.

I would have to agree with you when it comes to Randy.

In MY opinion, he is truly upset that Michael did not appoint him an executor of the will. Homeboy wants to be in charge and if the estate continues to make those HUGE deals, I'm afraid Randy's head is going to explode, because he is not able to get his hands on any of that money.

The quest for money does UGLY things to "some" folks and I'm afraid, at times, that's what we are seeing in this case.
Maybe the blind will see the light in few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back