TMZ : One New Video That Has Never Been Seen Will Be Released

Why not name the DVD set "The Ultimate Video Collection".

We have "The Ultimate Collection" boxset for music....so why not do that for the video one? It'll take away the confusion of Visionary and Vision from non hardcore fans.

earthlyme;3004491 said:
I think sayin' that "I'm not gonna buy the DVD Set" is right…but sayin' there's no reason for anyone to buy it…hmmm not really. There are many ppl. who dont have Michael's Music videos… As for myself, I dont have some of his songs on DVD, so I watch it on YT. So I would wanna have it.

And TMZ got their "news" from MJ Sites… and that article is downplaying it! I mean whats the reason to add that its JFK's anniversary??? I guess they're tryin' to say dont buy it cuz a BELOVED President died on NOV. 22, 47 years ago, its not right to release it on that day!!!PALEEZZZ!!! I like JFK and all, but TMZ Used it for all the wrong reasons…

Am I going wayy of topic when I say this?

L.o.v.e.
Romi

TMZ wants attention is all. But to connect JFK to MJ is no connection<_<GO AWAY TMZ!!!!! quit tresspassing!

Why not name the DVD set "The Ultimate Video Collection".

We have "The Ultimate Collection" boxset for music....so why not do that for the video one? It'll take away the confusion of Visionary and Vision from non hardcore fans.

Personally if i see the word "ultimate" one more on any new mj stuff i will scream!

They should use new words, something brand new & electric

I think it's just a coincidence that Michael's 3 Disc video boxset is released in the day JFK was asassinated on 22 November. Michael has released a couple of things around that date, ie the Dangerous album was released on 21 November 1991, and Michael's Number Ones album was released around a simular date. The whole JFK connection is just TMZ hyping a connection up out of nothing.

I will most likely buy the new DVD boxset. I hope a Blu-ray edition is released as Michael's music videos should be seen the best HD resolution. I hope some edition behind the scenes documentaries are added to the DVD box set. No actual details have been released by Sony yet, so I also don't get way some fans are being so critical of Sony.

I don't see Sony cashing in on Michael. His legacy has to keep on being marketed to keep Michael's memory alive around the world, not just among us fans. Sony only own about two or 3 of Michael's music videos, the whole other majority was owned by Michael through MJJ Productions.Inc. So Sony can't do anything with Michael's music videos without the permission of Michael's estate.

If some fans feel, that Michael's legacy is be being marketed in a lazy manner with just rehashing already existing music videos in a 3 disc boxset then they may have a point. But it's best to save any criticism of this release until we get official details from Sony. It's also a fact, that when Michael was alive, fans were already critical of some releases like The Ultimate Collection boxset and Thriller25 and even the Off The Wall 30th Anniversary Edition when it was first announced, saying Sony were cashing in and that they won't buy them even though Michael was behind those releases. Nothing has changed there, and even when an album with unreleased songs is eventually released, some fans will still say Sony are cashing in and they won't by the album etc. But I don't want Michael's music and videos being left to rot, like Prince has left his albums and videos from the 1980's and early 90's.

^This. thanx !

It comes out on my birthday. =D

There, forget about JFK (such a cheap shot too, loads of things have come out that day, it's not like it's off-limits...) It comes out on MikageSouji's birthday. >.>

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what, if any, new things appear on this mysterious set (besides OMC.) I expect all the good old stuff, but hopefully there will be a few unseen things to awaken our curiosity? They want to set this box set apart from the HIStory I and II, etc. after all...

JFK Assassination...........Bloody TMZ, they just love death and bloodshed!!!!!!!

I don't trust a word TMZ says and I never go on their site!!!!!!!

I'll believe it when it's released........

i'm with u on this one. until the estate officially announce it in John Branca's words i shall not get my hopes up for nothing...promises promises

I don't want anyone to get the impression that I'm starting rumors or whatnot. But while I was working on the re-launching of my MJ site, one of the things I was...and am planning to do is archive old news stories of MJ going back as far as how long my page has been online. (1997)

One of the things I stumbled upon was an old news article from Planet Jackson.com

In September/October of 2001, they had a news article which said Michael was not only planning a video for "Unbreakable", but they stated, at the time, was being worked on at Lucas Arts studio (the Star Wars people). I don't know if it was ever finished, or how far along the project got...that was around the same time Sony started messing everything up.

Like I said, not trying to start rumors, but it makes me wonder if there actually is something for Unbreakable that's been locked away all these years.

I don't want anyone to get the impression that I'm starting rumors or whatnot. But while I was working on the re-launching of my MJ site, one of the things I was...and am planning to do is archive old news stories of MJ going back as far as how long my page has been online. (1997)

One of the things I stumbled upon was an old news article from Planet Jackson.com

In September/October of 2001, they had a news article which said Michael was not only planning a video for "Unbreakable", but they stated, at the time, was being worked on at Lucas Arts studio (the Star Wars people). I don't know if it was ever finished, or how far along the project got...that was around the same time Sony started messing everything up.

Like I said, not trying to start rumors, but it makes me wonder if there actually is something for Unbreakable that's been locked away all these years.

Yep definitely remember that I remember Chris Tucker and Mel Gibson was suppose to be on that Unbreakable film.

Actually according to the news article, he was working on Unbreakable in 2001.

For those who aren't familiar with Planet Jackson, they got exclusive info straight from Sony and MJ. They were pretty much as official as you could get (unless of course it was posted on MJnet.com :D )

If work had been done on Unbreakable then OMG. I always remember hearing the rumours about possible work for Threatened as well so maybe there might be something floating around for that as well. Who knows.

I still think if MJ truly did video tape himself recording in the studio, surely the estate and Sony could work together on some future music videos of him recording his songs.

I'd love to see what he was doing/thinking while recording his music...especially from stuff from Dangerous on back. Stuff like For All Time & Streetwalker comes to mind. I bet MJ had a ball recording Streetwalker

Wait.....There is like 99% chance that they have filmed the video for unbreakable. AND TUCKER WAS IN IT? SO F*CKING AWESOME :D :D :D :D IT MUST BE ON THE BOX SET :D

I also remember there being talk of a new "liquid dance move" that was meant to debut in it as well. Well heres hoping... Kind of, I know its going to be just another repackaged set. Some widescreen would be nice :D

If a Bluray comes out for this, its worth, if not i will download the OMC video from internet, enough with this releasing same stuff bshit!

Back