Thriller 40th Anniversary

I swear someone's life will end abruptly if I hear about Spice Of Life one more time, there isn't proof anywhere that a version with MJ exists and the only reason people think the song is related to Thriller is only because it sounds very similar to Baby Be Mine.
I won't tell you about my favourite Manhattan Transfer track then mate...Mystery

If the last song is a leaked one I’m gonna refund my cd and vinyl..
The vinyl edition is just the album itself without the bonuses, so what's the difference?
Also, it's not their fault some songs leaked. Even them would fit the disc better than SD and CGOTR.

They stated on the website that the album includes never before heard stuff. It’s only one unheard song.. I already sent a refund.. not gonna pay 140 bucks.. I can just listen to my original thriller vinyl.

They stated on the website that the album includes never before heard stuff. It’s only one unheard song.. I already sent a refund.. not gonna pay 140 bucks.. I can just listen to my original thriller vinyl.
From day one, the website and all press releases have mentioned “Thriller-era bonus material, including previously unreleased demos.” Five of the nine titles we know about have either never been released before, or are alternate renditions of material we’ve already heard. I’m not saying you need to buy it, but let’s stop acting like the estate hasn’t been totally upfront from the beginning. Anyone who paid attention knew there would be previously released and leaked songs.

140 bucks?
What you had ordered & subsequently „refunded“ has nothing to with the CD2/bonus material in the first place..

That was probably the Mofi-Remaster stuff, which to my understanding was always going to be only the original album (9 tracks) 😂

Well with all the drama surrounding the outtakes being released on the 2nd disc of the CD version, how many others are psyched for the Mobile Fidelity vinyl and/or the SACD hybrid? I'm really looking forward to the vinyl the most, as I've never actually owned a Mobile Fidelity vinyl, though I've heard great things! Thriller is a hell of a great one to start with!! 🤘

Well with all the drama surrounding the outtakes being released on the 2nd disc of the CD version, how many others are psyched for the Mobile Fidelity vinyl and/or the SACD hybrid? I'm really looking forward to the vinyl the most, as I've never actually owned a Mobile Fidelity vinyl, though I've heard great things! Thriller is a hell of a great one to start with!! 🤘
I'm really curious about the MoFi release of Thriller, i've never thought Thriller could sound any better than the first CD/vinyl pressings, but i wish to get pleasantly surprised this time, to be honest, i always found MoFi's catalogue to be extremely boring and monotone, so Thriller getting the MFSL treatment is a breath of fresh air.

I'm really curious about the MoFi release of Thriller, i've never thought Thriller could sound any better than the first CD/vinyl pressings, but i wish to get pleasantly surprised this time, to be honest, i always found MoFi's catalogue to be extremely boring and monotone, so Thriller getting the MFSL treatment is a breath of fresh air.
I agree, I thought that there a couple CD releases of Thriller that I kinda figured couldn't get any better, but I'm also hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I'm also a big Metallica fan, and the remasters they put out of each one of their albums so far over the last few years is INSANE compared to the previous releases. There's stuff in the background I've never noticed before, and I've heard each album a bajillion times just like Thriller on good systems, crap systems, and headphones. I'm hoping for that level of wow-ness with Thriller!

I agree, I thought that there a couple CD releases of Thriller that I kinda figured couldn't get any better, but I'm also hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I'm also a big Metallica fan, and the remasters they put out of each one of their albums so far over the last few years is INSANE compared to the previous releases. There's stuff in the background I've never noticed before, and I've heard each album a bajillion times just like Thriller on good systems, crap systems, and headphones. I'm hoping for that level of wow-ness with Thriller!
I can’t wrap my head around this. How different can it sound, why was it recorded like that if people were never able to listen to all the details till now? It’s all so weird. I wonder if I would hear the differences as well, they must be subtle at best is my best guess.

I am very well aware that the vinyl doesn't include bonus tracks..
but with the estate releasing stuff on the second CD which have nothing to do with thriller i feel like i don't want to support that anymore.. so i sent a refund because of that.

Putting CGOOTR and Sunset Driver on it? come on... CGOOTR would even be weird on an Off the Wall release..
they are simply trying to fool us with this.. i am not gonna support this..

What tells us it's not sure 4k is coming
Don’t be stupid.

MKGenie is the best source we have.
He said he has the 4K rumor from a reliable source. That’s one thing.
And we can count on that.

He marked this fishy picture of the Clipart with the caption that he doesn’t know the source & that it could be fake (fake it probably is).

That’s two completely different things!

mkgenie is one of the most reliable sources IMO. - He has proved before to have some very good insight/insider info and he has shared a lot that has turned out to be correct.

So I am 99,9% sure that we will get 5 4K videos nov. 18 when mkgenie says so.

And thats super exciting! Any guesses?
Thriller, BJ, Beat it obviously.
What else? Making of Thriller would be cool. Motown25 could be nice.

guys, what do you think? fake? or can be real?
_a5KhRULFNM.jpg

guys, what do you think? fake? or can be real?
_a5KhRULFNM.jpg
I doubt this is happening lol.

We got no more copyrighted songs, right? So it might be a new one.

I think it's sad Michael destroyed relationships with people during his lifetime (Paul McCartney, Quincy Jones, Sony, etc). If they were on better terms, I think it would be easier to get stuff released.

Back