This is it: The Music (Live Vocals, Tracklist Discussion) MERGED

If Beat it isnt live. Which im actually not to sure if it is or isnt. I think the vocals sound like 1st leg Bad Tour.

I love all the tracks .. because they are LIVE .. all of them ... love it

They arent though. Quite clearly everything isnt live.

Re: Shocked by the amount of live singing.

I was so glad that the Billie Jean performance was from one take and completely live. How incredible were his vocals on this???

You said Billie Jean was from the demo and now you're saying it's "completely live"?

I think it's absolutely live.

Billie Jean is mostly demo...

The vocals are identical but pitch has been changed. Parts are from final studio version... "For forty days and for forty nights, I was on a ride, but she didn't know what the Lord was on, all of the time" or something like that...

TDCAU sounds more live than the original video released... they could have changed the sound board and stuff...

Another theory is that they DUBBED never-before released demos etc. to make it sound live. We already know that's the case with Billie Jean, and Earth Song could be too... But Earth Song and Beat It sounded fully live.

Some guys where in the closing credits after the film credited as "Re-recording producers/engineers" or something like that.. dunno what that means but... maybe he re-recorded some vocals?

After 3 viewings of this film to date, it is my opinion that the entire rehearsals were live. Earth Song and Billie Jean are definitely not the demos that people are saying they are. They are different. You have to listen for the subtle differences.
Why is it so difficult to accept that MJ sang these live?

Heal The World was the studio vocals with the pitch changed.

After 3 viewings of this film to date, it is my opinion that the entire rehearsals were live. Earth Song and Billie Jean are definitely not the demos that people are saying they are. They are different. You have to listen for the subtle differences.
Why is it so difficult to accept that MJ sang these live?

It's not about being difficul to admit, it's about what clearly is and isn't.

It was not live all the way through. Parts of Earth Song were clearly not live, as were parts of other tracks.

Thriller/Ghosts

Hi, does anyone know if maybe the Ghosts track that was used after thriller has been anywhere release as somesorta mix/bonus ? It sounded really badass :| Anyone knows if theres something similar out ?

Re: Thriller/Ghosts

thats wasn't from ghosts it was from Threatened from Invincible

.... That wasn't ghosts.. that was threatened. You can find the full song in the invincible album.

But yeah I liked the live version much more than the album version.

maybe what DocArunas mean was the slow part between Thriller and Threatened? that slow part was from Ghosts (underscore)

I am officially OBSESSED with that combination. Thriller+Ghosts+Threatened, it sounded sooo amazing, someone should really make a decent audio mix of it.

I like how Mj danced on the beats of Threatened
to bad there was no shorti film for it on the invicible album

Does anyone know where the black pants he wears in Thriller and earth song can be bought?

Does anyone know where the black pants he wears in Thriller and earth song can be bought?

I think those were Ed Hardy clothes that he was wearing.

I love those black pants. They were awesome. I just liked his whole outfit when he was rehearsing for "Thriller". I thought that was his best look in the entire film.

Anyway, yes I agree that the combination of Thriller/Threatened was awesome! One of the highlights of TII.

How can people not know Threatened?? One of the best songs on Invincible. I'm so sad he didn't get to make a short film for it because of damn Sony.

The end of Earth Song

Isnt it amazing? Everytime I see it (which is quite a lot, since I work in a cinema) I get servere chills. Its like, he's singing it too high, so it sounds lower? I cant really describe it, do any singers know what I'm talking about? lol.

Anyone else think it sounds amazing? Definatly one of the highlights form the film for me.

Re: The end of Earth Song

Well the last half of the song is but the first half of the song he seems to be singing live.

Re: The end of Earth Song

The last bit of the song...the "what about us" part is live. Its sang soo...wierdly. like he's marking it, and trying to save his voice, but it makes it sound so haunting and beautiful.

There was a massive tear in my eye at this point, haha

Back