This is it: The Music (Live Vocals, Tracklist Discussion) MERGED

I already hear that demo many times, ITS NOT THE SAME!!!, i mean im a singer, i know about this, its not the same, i can sing a song a hundred times sounding exactly the same, i do, and its easier, but u have to be a very qualified singer to be able to do it. the endidng is not the same, but that not the point, anyway not the same, its just not, Michael used that falsetto voice cause it was easier, its easier for a man. i read an article today i couldnt beleive it, they must be reading this forum...

On This is it. Its the demo mixed in with parts of the final version.

SO its not exactly the same. Buts its 90% the demo.

Why do people keep saying, im a singer......or im a music student to try and prove their point? Its irrelevant.

Im a singer, music student and dancer. I have a different opinion to you.

There are like 2 or 3 people on the entire forum claiming the whole thing is live. Where as the rest say its lip synched. Honestly, what does that tell you? We are all wrong and you are right?

Reminds me of a spongebob quote where Patrick and Spongebob shrink.

Patrick: Ahhhhhhhh a giant Sandy!!!!
Spongebob: Nooo Patrick, I think weve shrunk!
Patrick: Ha, thats silly. Dont you think its more likely the entire world grew........

On This is it. Its the demo mixed in with parts of the final version.

SO its not exactly the same. Buts its 90% the demo.

Why do people keep saying, im a singer......or im a music student to try and prove their point? Its irrelevant.

Im a singer, music student and dancer. I have a different opinion to you.

There are like 2 or 3 people on the entire forum claiming the whole thing is live. Where as the rest say its lip synched. Honestly, what does that tell you? We are all wrong and you are right?

Reminds me of a spongebob quote where Patrick and Spongebob shrink.

Patrick: Ahhhhhhhh a giant Sandy!!!!
Spongebob: Nooo Patrick, I think weve shrunk!
Patrick: Ha, thats silly. Dont you think its more likely the entire world grew........
its irrelevant... ok ok then, like i said before who wins you??? im out really, out of this nonsense thread, the fact that you, yourself cannot do all the things singing dacing at the same time does not Mean others CAN. i can do it, Michael could also, even though he was 50, he was in shape thats all, im really out of here, keep on with ur little campaign i dont care anymore, good luck

Billie Jean was a bit long, wasnt it? But it wasnt meant to be like that? :lol: Didnt the guy from the keyboard say something like "it was a bit long" or something and then Michael answered "yeah, but at least it was practiced" or something like that. :lol:

Well, Im listened Michaels music and singing so much and so long time, I think I can guarantee Earth Song was live. Actually he sung live "as much as possible". And probably even those tracks that were playback in the movie was meant to be sung live in the final performance but sometimes he practiced more just coreography (then playback) and sometimes more music with the band. And, btw for example Jam has so much effect you have to use some kind of a backing track and if its not an a cappella track, then its automatically playback.

its irrelevant... ok ok then, like i said before who wins you??? im out really, out of this nonsense thread, the fact that you, yourself cannot do all the things singing dacing at the same time does not Mean others CAN. i can do it, Michael could also, even though he was 50, he was in shape thats all, im really out of here, keep on with ur little campaign i dont care anymore, good luck

Yeah its irrelevant. Being a music student doesnt make you or me anymore capable of hearing whats live or lip synched. I have people on my music course who are some of the worst singers you have ever heard. Like really out of tune, but think they are really good and think they can make it as singers! So being a music student means nothing in terms of what you can hear and cant hear. You werent born a music student.

I didnt say I couldnt sing and dance at the same time. I didnt say Michael couldnt do it either. He did it for WBSS for one. Why are you putting words into my mouth?

I guess its because your annoyed that I have a different opinion to you, but thats not a good enough reason to have a go at me. SO you have to put words into my mouth so you have something to argue with me over.

As for you not caring and leaving the thread. Youve said that once before a few days ago.

Yet, youve come back and we have now heard it again. Then you will continue to come back, even if you dont post you will read the thread.

I can see people saying Earth Song is live. I could understand that. Doesnt mean I personally agree with them, but I can see why they think it is live.

But to say Thriller is live, or even that the whole film is live. Is just ridiculous to me.....

Last edited:
Earth Song in TII sounds completely identical to the demo, IMO. And I believe only the first verse of Billie Jean is parts of the demo, but the majority of it is live. But like Michael said, your own oratorical ears interpet what you hear.

Well .. in the World War the 2nd ... Hitler and other peaple were convinced that what they are doing is right... And a little Majority of people in Germany were convinced that is is wrog...

To your opinion... and to the my quote to you.. --> it is the same thing.. Do you think that it was RIGHT what they were doing ?? Even when they were not the majority ??? huh ?

Well .. in the World War the 2nd ... Hitler and other peaple were convinced that what they are doing is right... And a little Majority of people in Germany were convinced that is is wrog...

To your opinion... and to the my quote to you.. --> it is the same thing.. Do you think that it was RIGHT what they were doing ?? Even when they were not the majority ??? huh ?

What?

Your just proving my point further unintentionally.

Hitler believed he was doing right where as the rest of the world didnt. Hitler was in the minority and he was wrong.

Your in the minority also.

I dont know, maybe you have problems understanding english? Thats not meant to be rude, maybe english just isnt your 1st language.

What?

Your just proving my point further unintentionally.

Hitler believed he was doing right where as the rest of the world didnt. Hitler was in the minority and he was wrong.

Your in the minority also.

I dont know, maybe you have problems understanding english? Thats not meant to be rude, maybe english just isnt your 1st language.

Gutted. You've just been compared to Hitler :mello:

I think everyone needs to chill to be honest. Yeah, some people (like me) think that quite a bit of TII was mimed, others seem to think it was 100% live....It doesnt look like anyones opinions are about to change.

Lets all just agree that TII is AWESOME :punk::punk:

Im pretty sure Beat it is taken from the first leg of the Bad Tour
It's impossible. At Bad Tour "Beat It" was played at C#m, and in This Is It was, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, played in original Ebm. By the way, i really don't know if it was live.

2. We can't be sure of anything, cause in all songs we watch 3 or 4 DIFFERENT performances but the audio is from only one of them, so we were ALL fooled even at live or playback ones

3.I don't have the right conditions now to determinate if Earth Song was live, but I think Michael wouldn't have any reason to take a falsetto playback.

3.I don't have the right conditions now to determinate if Earth Song was live, but I think Michael wouldn't have any reason to take a falsetto playback.

I thought this aswell, but the falsetto ending of Earth Song in TII is literally exactly the same as the Demo, so who knows.

I knew the FANS would everything tear to pieces. Well done. If right or wrong, the damage is made and that has been the purpose. Congratulations! I guess the tabloids read the boards, some corresponding "news" are already to find.

Last edited:
Sony spokesman Jim Kennedy says, "In order to fulfil Michael's vision for his fans and his children… the filmmakers had to incorporate some pre-existing materials, including vocals, where the rehearsal footage audio was incomplete and/or inaudible. In addition, usage of master recordings (such as Earth Song) was credited in the end titles."

Sony spokesman Jim Kennedy says, "In order to fulfil Michael's vision for his fans and his children… the filmmakers had to incorporate some pre-existing materials, including vocals, where the rehearsal footage audio was incomplete and/or inaudible. In addition, usage of master recordings (such as Earth Song) was credited in the end titles."
this is spread all over and badly I would like to know the source. I only read it on sources like that:
http://www.newkerala.com/nkfullnews-1-151733.html
or contactmusic and I think nobody would call them reliable. So WHO is the source, WHERE is the link?

What you need to understand is that the press cant just make stuff up. You can just quote someone unless they actually said that. So the guy from Sony must have made that statement otherwise it woudlnt have been in the article.

What you need to understand
sorry, I need to understand, I am something like stupid? I am understanding very well what you are doing and also that there is a lack of a reliable source. Period.

What you need to understand is that the press cant just make stuff up. You can just quote someone unless they actually said that. So the guy from Sony must have made that statement otherwise it woudlnt have been in the article.

That's totally not true. They make up everything... even interviews. Especially tabloids like The Sun...

I think hes talking about quotes in particular. Not just general stories that they print.

Although im sure there has been occassions where they have just made up and quoted something someone hasnt even said.

It's impossible. At Bad Tour "Beat It" was played at C#m, and in This Is It was, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, played in original Ebm. By the way, i really don't know if it was live.

2. We can't be sure of anything, cause in all songs we watch 3 or 4 DIFFERENT performances but the audio is from only one of them, so we were ALL fooled even at live or playback ones

1. Its all editing. Its far from impossible. In fact its quite easy.

2. I dont know, im pretty sure of what was live and what was lip synched.

3. Just use your ears to determine whetehr its live or not.

1. Its all editing. Its far from impossible. In fact its quite easy.

2. I dont know, im pretty sure of what was live and what was lip synched.

3. Just use your ears to determine whetehr its live or not.
I have to ask SERIOUSLY: Michael Jackson is dead, there is a movie that tries to memorialize him, especially his art. SO, is it the duty of FANS to find out THAT???????? Sorry how sad it this :(

Last edited:
I have to ask SERIOUSLY: Michael Jackson is dead, there is a movie that tries to memorialize him, especially his art. SO, is it the duty of FANS to find out THAT. Sorry how sad it this :(

What is your question?

Back