THIS IS IT - Australia: link inside to register for ticketing info

Ohhh, how I wish this was over and done with!! It's frustrating to hear that some places are already selling tickets...why isn't anyone doing this in QLD or VIC?

Hurry up Sept 27th, this is driving me nuts!

^^I know!

hopefully all the Queenslanders and Victorians can book soon.

I really hope i can make it to get my tickets tomrrow

actually we have one events cinema here in Melbourne, it's somewhere in the city - anyway, they are already on sale on their website.

I called my local cinema. They are screening it, for standard ticket prices and it goes on sale tomorrow! I can buy tickets over the web and they have no limitations on the amount of tickets purchased! Really hope I can get some, I want to go at least 4 times!

Its so strange how tickets go on sale tomo and I haven't heard anything about it? What happened to all the advertising? Australia is always behind like that! If it weren't for this forum, I would not have known that tickets go on sale tomo! I haven't even seen the trailer on T.V! All Ive seen is the trailer for Fame about 1000 times!

Guys, I just called my local Hoyts (Northland) and the lady said the tickets will be available for sale on their website from the 27th September (like the trailer implies), OR you can purchase them at the box office outside the theatre. I will keep checking the website each day. Perhaps we organise to all see it on a Saturday (just think that would be easier to get everyone there than on opening night). I am planning to see it after work opening night and then happy to see it again with all of you guys who want to see it!

Oh my goodness just joined this site! it is great. I live near Northland as well!!! I really want to see it at IMAX as well - think the only one that will be showing it is at Highpoint

Its showing at imax as well??

I thought I read somewhere that it was but can't for the life of me remember where I read it. Just have to keep my fingers crossed that it is true because it would be great on a massive screen

for sydneyers: Event/greater union is not selling yet. Hoyts is, but only blacktown at the moment... that's soooo far away

yeh hopefully the other cinemas will be added. I'm not sure what to do. Hoyts premiere this is it a day earlier than Event Cinemas, but Event have more of a stadium setup, and if its showing at Vmax it'll be a better experience than hoyts.

The question is, do I want to see it sooner (hoyts) or in a better atmosphere (Event). I'm not sure which to go with.

they advertised on tv for it today. during the AFL grand final so A LOT of people would have seen this.
The advert got me upset again, no idea how i'll sit through the movie.

Ahhh, which IMAX theatre did you get your tickets from? I just checked the Melbourne one and it's not listed there! :(

It is currently listed for sale on the Hoyts site and the Reading cinemas site...neither really appeal at the moment. I need to go in the following week and it's not for sale yet!

whats so good about IMAX?

highpoint is kinda out of the way for me, was going to go to melb central hoyts. But if
IMAX is that good?

Ahhh, which IMAX theatre did you get your tickets from? I just checked the Melbourne one and it's not listed there! :(

It is currently listed for sale on the Hoyts site and the Reading cinemas site...neither really appeal at the moment. I need to go in the following week and it's not for sale yet!

THe IMAX is part of Hoyts at highpoint. Just also saw that they are also selling it for hoyts on the xtremescreen so booked for that

whats so good about IMAX?

highpoint is kinda out of the way for me, was going to go to melb central hoyts. But if
IMAX is that good?

not sure if it is going to be better but it is a big screen - have not been there for a while. Just found xtremescreen at melb central hoyts which is meant to be good as well. Might just book one of each!!!

Phew! What a relief! Finally decided on Xtreme Screen tickets at Eastland.

Now....how many other times do I want to see this? At least once more in QLD but looks like I'll have to wait til later today for that to be available.

Don't forget if anyone wants to see it again in Melbourne after Nov 2nd (but not on the 4th) let me know! :)

All booked for Xtreme Screen in Melb Central. I'll be going alone if anyone else is?

Hopefully Village hurry up and release tickets so i can watch it in my home town (geelong)

Hi, Suchilife and Maninthemirror23, haven't seen you around! Welcome! Please check the Aussies - This Is It thread under the Fan Gatherings section and add your name if you want to meet up with other MJJC members and see TII together. Bella too. I think we are organising for all of us to go together, but not at the premiere date. So, it will be my second time seing the movie since I'm going to the premiere!!!! Yeah!!!!

Kitty, Luci and another friend had booked our tickets at Chadstone!!! Yeah!!!
It was pretty intense!!
Me and Luci stayed up the whole night for the the tickets to go on sale and keeps on refreshing the page to see if the "buy tickets" button had appear beside the This Is It section! We thought the tickets will go on sale 12 am but come 12 am and the tickets was still not on sale. I thought we have to them get tomorrow morning. Then I thought that maybe it will go on sale 12 am Perth time! lol!!! But we waited and at around 12.30 am Luci spoted the "buy tickets" button and we are so excited! We both tried to booked the tickets and try to get good seats. There were already lots of seats booked when we booked ours! About half of the seats are gone! I can't believe there is also some crazy people other than us, staying up to wait for it! hahah! Finally Luci bought it for all of us! Yeah!!! This is soooo exciting!!!

I'm so happy we'll get to see it at 9pm on 28th Oct, since the website said that the released date for australia is 29th Oct. I think only Hoyts premiere it on 28th, others seems to be premiering on 29th only.

Last edited:
I just booked tickets for the 3rd Nov at Xtreme screen at Melbourne Central - love to have others to join me

hey! yeah I have only been around a few weeks. I was posting on michaeljackson.com forum for a while & also TMZ. I got a bit lazy to sign up for this but finally got around to it.

I'm going on Oct 30th fyi anyone

I booked 28th Oct at Hoyts's IMAX Entertainment Quarter, Sydney. Should be good.

im trying to get tickets through event for my mum and i dunno whats happening. the site is gone all funky.

Back