THIS IS IT - Australia: link inside to register for ticketing info

I wonder how much longer we'll have to wait to find out where we can actually buy the tickets? It'd also help to know exactly which cinemas will be showing this as I'm going to be away interstate when this comes out.

guys I think registering just puts you on their sony movies standard mailing list. You're registering to be alerted when tickets go on sale, which we know is Sunday Sept 27th.

The sony site says the tickets will be available from participating cinemas. I think you should keep an eye on the actual cinema website, ie the Event Cinemas (greater union) or hoyts websites. It seems the booking will be done through their websites.

It's a good idea to be on the sony mailing list in case they have some sort of special code or offer, but i dont think you need to register two email addresses for safety.

Even though this is a special event, I honestly believe tickets will still be presold like any other advanced movie tickets are, just further in advance.

Do you know how much of a nightmare it would be to sell tickets specially through sony or ticketmaster rather than through the cinemas? it doesnt seem possible.

I think its a marketing trick saying it'll be so limited and tough to get tickets. It's to generate buzz and get asses in seats. Surely it's not going to be as rare as they are making it out to be. It's a special movie but with standard cinema protocol. I bet you.

Jeremy.

guys I think registering just puts you on their sony movies standard mailing list. You're registering to be alerted when tickets go on sale, which we know is Sunday Sept 27th.

The sony site says the tickets will be available from participating cinemas. I think you should keep an eye on the actual cinema website, ie the Event Cinemas (greater union) or hoyts websites. It seems the booking will be done through their websites.

It's a good idea to be on the sony mailing list in case they have some sort of special code or offer, but i dont think you need to register two email addresses for safety.

Even though this is a special event, I honestly believe tickets will still be presold like any other advanced movie tickets are, just further in advance.

Do you know how much of a nightmare it would be to sell tickets specially through sony or ticketmaster rather than through the cinemas? it doesnt seem possible.

I think its a marketing trick saying it'll be so limited and tough to get tickets. It's to generate buzz and get asses in seats. Surely it's not going to be as rare as they are making it out to be. It's a special movie but with standard cinema protocol. I bet you.

Jeremy.

Yep I get that feeling as well. I still have yet to register with Sony because you end up on their movies mailing list and I don't need any more clutter in my inbox.
I did however, email Event Cinemas this morning, because they do have This Is It listed in their Movies section under Coming Soon. If I don't hear from them in a few days I'm going to start calling.
It's hard to plan a Sydney area meetup without knowing where to meetup :agree:
If I hear anything... I'll keep ya posted.

@ jmoses - yeah, I think the same. This is just to alert you to the tickets being on sale. I have been checking Hoyts website regularly. Will post any updates if I find anything.

Which states are you all in? I am VICTORIA

I am signing up for a Sydney meetup...but I gotta say.I am over 21 so I will be at the bar before the screening trying to get ready....and then at the bar to try to compose myself..
will cry my eyes out so I will be watching in shades...

^ well depends on where u gonna see it, i might come

Hi!! I would love to meet some MJ fans from here! I'd just move to Melbourne 2 days ago from Adelaide and I don't know many people here. Anyone wants to meet up as well??

Hey guys, im from Melbourne too !! Dying to watch TII, ive been checking the cinema websites (Hoyts, Village & Greater Union) there doesnt seem to be anything on the Village site ! Im thinking the cinemas themselves will be selling the tickets though we havent heard anything.

Would be good if we were all there at the same cinema on opening night !!

If you see my car, mine is the one that has red number plates saying MNWLKR

Hey guys, im from Melbourne too !! Dying to watch TII, ive been checking the cinema websites (Hoyts, Village & Greater Union) there doesnt seem to be anything on the Village site ! Im thinking the cinemas themselves will be selling the tickets though we havent heard anything.

Would be good if we were all there at the same cinema on opening night !!

If you see my car, mine is the one that has red number plates saying MNWLKR

Yeh i reckon it would be cool if we all were togther to see this on the first night

Hey cool number plates! :wild:

Guys, I just called my local Hoyts (Northland) and the lady said the tickets will be available for sale on their website from the 27th September (like the trailer implies), OR you can purchase them at the box office outside the theatre. I will keep checking the website each day. Perhaps we organise to all see it on a Saturday (just think that would be easier to get everyone there than on opening night). I am planning to see it after work opening night and then happy to see it again with all of you guys who want to see it!

Ohh at northland! awesome!!!

If u gonna go there to see it, kes i'll see if i can go with ya , if u want

Back