The offical wrestling thread..News, spoilers and results.

^^ youtube doesnt live stream and i f they did WWE would shut it down in a heartbeat!

You'll have to wait until around the time of the PPV otherwise WWE has them shut down if theyre up too early.

NoDQ.com > WWE > HBK says that Wrestlemania 26 will be his last
Posted by Sushi X on 04/04/2009 at 07:22 PM

Credit: F4WOnline.com

Shawn Michaels appeared on radio station Q101 in Chicago yesterday and said he thinks WrestleMania 26 next year will be his last WrestleMania match.

HBK went on to mention how his WWE contract expires immediately after WrestleMania next year and that he wants to be around more for his children and family.

Michaels concluded by saying he feels he'll return to wrestling again at some point, possibly when his kids are teenagers and don't want to be around him all the time as much anymore.

NoDQ.com > WWE > The Rock says he won't be able to see Wrestlemania
Posted by Sushi X on 04/04/2009 at 07:19 PM

Thanks to site reader Lee-Jay for sending in the following recap:

The Rock appeared on Soccer AM this morning on Sky Sports in the UK. Apart from talking about his new movie Witch Moutian and his upcoming movie where he plays a Tooth Fairy he spoke briefly about tomorrow’s WrestleMania. When asked if he was going to watch it he said “I won’t be able to watch it (He didn’t say why, but it must have something to do with promoting his movie), and said he has had been in 6 or 7 WrestleMania’s and he does miss working in front of the crowd and this will be one hell of a WrestleMania for the guys on the show.”

Update on the WM 25 Divas Battle Royal
Posted by Sushi X on 04/04/2009 at 07:17 PM

In an update to our earlier post on the match order for tomorrow’s WrestleMania pay-per-view, it lists Mae Young and Santino Marella as being participants in the 25 Divas Battle Royal. It’s interesting to note that Trish Stratus isn’t mentioned. Also, we’ve received word from Houston that Candice Michelle will not be in the match due to her injury. I also thought that Molly Holly was confirmed but apparently she isn’t, we’ll see.

It looks like these will be the participants: Tiffany, Bri Bella, Nikki Bella, Beth Phoenix, Layla, Jillian Hall, Alicia Fox, Michelle McCool, Maryse, Mickie James, Eve Torres, Kelly Kelly, Natalya, Rosa Mendez, Gail Kim, Melina, Katie Lea, Maria, Mae Young, Santino Marella, Torrie Wilson, Jackie Gayda, Nidia, Victoria and Sunny.

var addthis_pub="nodqdotcom";

Getting ready here.. the boys are so excited. Got their Wrestlemania 25 t-shirts on.. lol.. My brother is watching in Ireland along with my neice.. We are all getting hooked...

I'd give this WM a 6. It was kind of a letdown. The Taker/HBK match was the obvious highlight

Taker vs HBK was one of the best wrestling matches in HISTORY!!

The only match I was disappointed with was HHH/Orton and the Divas Battle Royal wasnt taken seriously. The rest of the PPV was excellent.

Last edited:
I thought HBK and Undertaker killed themselves. Two ridiculous bumps in one match. Great, great match.

!

I thought HBK and Undertaker killed themselves. Two ridiculous bumps in one match. Great, great match.

Yeah I actually held my hands to my head with Undertakers leap.......

Possibly my new 2nd favourite match! 1st being Austin Rock Mania X7

NEWS > if (count % 4 == 0) { document.write("
"); } count++; WWE > if (count % 4 == 0) { document.write("
"); } count++;
Posted in: WWE
Plans For [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Smackdown[/COLOR][/COLOR] Announce Team
By Brad Ingles
Apr 5, 2009 - 6:43:09 PM

There has been no decision made on Tazz's replacement for the Smackdown announce team. One of the options is to pair Jerry Lawler or Matt Striker with Ross until a long-term plan is created. JBL is also another candidate if [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]WWE[/COLOR][/COLOR] decides to end his character as rumored.

Credit: [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Wrestling[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Observer Newsletter

Plans For [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]WWE[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Draft On April 13
By Brad Ingles
Apr 5, 2009 - 6:34:37 PM

Going into the WWE Draft on April 13, the idea is that Raw and Smackdown will no longer be treated as separate brands, but equal. Last year they moved Triple H, Jeff Hardy and [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]Jim [COLOR=#fff200! important]Ross[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] to Smackdown to strengthen the shows transition to MyNetworkTV. The move is seen as unsuccessful considering the drop in ratings. The plan now is to move the top talent to Raw for maximum exposure, and keep two-three stars on Smackdown to keep [COLOR=#fff200! important][COLOR=#fff200! important]house [COLOR=#fff200! important]show[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] business strong.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Jim Ross has posted his latest blog, giving his thoughts on Wrestlemania weekend, at this link. Some highlights from this entry:

- My 16th Wrestlemania experience was highlighted by the best WM bout I can recall broadcasting. The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels bout was simply a classic. Old school approach, a magnificent story, amazing near falls, drama, surprises, intensity, and awesome athleticism were just a few of the memorable attributes of this extraordinary contest. Quite simply, it’s a wrestling match I’ll never forget and I’ve seen plenty of them. I had immense personal respect for both men going into the match but that respect swelled ten fold when this “instant classic” concluded. If any young wrestler doesn’t thoroughly study this one then they are doing themselves a gross injustice.

- Inducting my mentor Bill Watts into the WWE HOF Saturday night created a lifetime memory. Bill’s wrestling IQ was beyond reproach and his honor was so well deserved. Bill gave a wrestling fan from rural, eastern Oklahoma the opportunity of a lifetime, a debt that I can never repay.

- Having a quiet dinner with my dear friend Steve Austin on Friday night was another highlight. Just two couples catching up, telling our stories, laughing and talking about the future was great and Steve even picked up the tab! Stone Cold damned near stole the show Sunday night and wasn’t even in a match. Having our “last, wrestling beer” at WM25 was a career highlight for me. Yes, I kept the beer can, too.

- Sorry to see JBL retire as John and I have a great relationship. I signed John to his first WWE contract over 13 years ago. We love talking football and I fully expect to do some Beef Jerky and BBQ biz with John in the future. John was a “throw back” in many ways and some aspects of his demeanor always reminded me of the late, great Dick Murdoch. That’s high praise for the record. John has no interest at this time in broadcasting for WWE but working with him would be something that I would truly enjoy.

- Speaking of broadcasting, I don’t know who I’m working with Tuesday in Austin on Smackdown but whoever WWE selects is good by me. With the Draft just a week away, I can only assume that whoever it is could be a temporary move any way.

CM Punk - Going into Money In The Bank, Punk was seen as having a better chance of winning than some, but since he had won the previous year, many figured a repeat wouldn't happen. Well, he did repeat, and in doing so came out the victor in arguably the second best match of the show. Punk now has a big boost of momentum and a chance to get back into the top mix again. Another major title reign, or will Punk be the first MITB winner to cash in and not grab the gold? Only time will tell. Elevator: Up several floors.
Kane, Kofi Kingston, MVP, Shelton Benjamin, Christian, Fit Finlay, Mark Henry - In an eight-man match, it is almost a given that certain wrestlers will end up being "background players" to others in the bout. However, Money In The Bank was so well planned, everyone got time in the spotlight. Whether it was suicidal spots (Benjamin), cool ladder offense (MVP, Finlay, Kofi) impressive power displays (Kane, Henry) or just getting an incredible pop when it appeared victory was at hand (Christian), everyone had a moment in the sun during the match. Elevator: Up a floor all around.
Santina Marella - Is it all worth it? Is it worth being a total buffoon to get a few minutes of the Wrestlemania spotlight? Actually, I'm willing to wager that most wrestlers would say "yes" and would be willing to do something even more ridiculous than Santina did in order to get on the show. Still, this isn't going to be seen as any kind of classic moment, and Santina, despite having a crown, isn't any better off than she.... er, he, was before the show. Elevator: On the same floor.
Mickie James, Michelle McCool, Melina, Beth Phoenix - If nothing else, at least WWE thought enough of these four performers to allow them to be the final combatants in the battle royal with Santina, allowing them to have a spot or two, rather than just the aimless brawling that dominated much of the short match. Sure, all of them would have preferred a more traditional match, and they certainly earned that opportunity to impress on the big stage. Too bad that wasn't in WWE's plans this year. Elevator: At least they're riding in the elevator.
All the other Divas - When the announcers don't care enough to acknowledge you, why should the fans care about you. Unless you almost brained yourself on the ring apron (Gail Kim) or fell out right in front of the commentators, your appearance in the Battle Royal might very well have gone unnoticed. Hell, I didn't even know Joy Giovanni was in the match until this morning! For many the current Divas, just getting to walk out was more than they expected. For the former Divas, well, it was a payday. Elevator: Sorry, take the stairs.
Chris Jericho - Like Randy Savage with Buster Douglas, Piper & Orndorff with Mr. T, Bam Bam Bigelow with Lawrence Taylor, and many others, Chris Jericho "took one for the team" and got knocked out by a celebrity in order to get WWE some mainstream press. He's a company man, for sure. However, in addition to a Wrestlemania payday, Jericho also got to wrestle Ricky Steamboat for a few minutes, and wipe out Ric Flair on an international stage. Not a bad tradeoff, and Jericho will have the memory of working with two of the greatest ever long after the rest of us forget about Rourke's punching skills. Elevator: He got to work with Ricky Steamboat and Ric Flair in the same night. He can float up floors right now.
Ricky Steamboat - For 70,000 fans in Houston and hundreds of thousands watching on PPV, Ricky Steamboat was the one legend who looked like he belonged in the ring. For us older fans, it was like a quick time machine trip to 1989. The armdrags, the leaps off the top rope, the swiftness in the ring. It is cliché to say, but the Dragon breathed fire one more time. I'm still angry with the camera man for missing Steamboat skinning the cat back into the ring. Also in true Steamboat fashion, he did what was right for business and put over Jericho too. Elevator: Up to the penthouse.
Roddy Piper - I'll be honest, Hot Rod will always get a pass on me for anything he does. It's not because he is one of my all time favorites either. Simply for kicking the crap out of cancer two years ago, if the Rowdy One wants to get in the ring and poke someone in the eyes, it is okay with me. To be objective though, watching Roddy in the ring last night was a case of the mind being willing, but the flesh being weak. He tried though, and I'll give him credit for that. Elevator: On the same floor.
Jimmy Snuka - The Superfly looked really old, probably because he is really old. Unlike his partners, Snuka didn't have the fire of Piper or the ability of Steamboat, and it was just sad to see him in the ring. Mercifully, he wasn't in there long, and thankfully, he didn't attempt to climb to the top rope during the match. Elevator: Doesn't go up anymore.
Mickey Rourke - Whenever I see hair like Mickey Rourke's, I realize that losing mine isn't such a bad thing after all. I don't know how much money WWE paid Rourke to show up and do that angle, but whatever it was, it was money wasted. Elevator: He got a lapdance from Marisa Tomei, so I respect him, but he's not getting on the Elevator.
Matt Hardy - While it wasn't the incredible showdown some were hoping for, Matt Hardy's win over Jeff was a nice kickoff to a feud that should help carry WWE through the spring and summer months. Matt got his opportunity to be in a high profile singles match at Wrestlemania, something that didn't seem likely a few years ago. The win gives him bragging rights over his brother, and I'm looking forward to a promo from him about how Jeff's "recklessness" cost him again. Elevator: Up a floor.
Jeff Hardy - Jeff Hardy is always looking to create that insane spot that will everyone will remember at Wrestlemania, and while his double table splash and high ladder hurdle were amazing, they will most likely rank second behind Undertaker and Shelton Benjamin's insane dives on the program. That said, Jeff brought out the big spots and his loss to Matt sets up what should be a really fun series of matches. The only downside is that Jeff now sees himself pretty far away from the title picture and main event status. Elevator: On the same floor.
JBL- Well, they say that all wrestlers should go out on their back, and JBL certainly did that. My only question is, if JBL planned this match a long time ago, why was the build so rushed? Elevator: No longer in operation.
Rey Mysterio - Mysterio got to play the role of Kane this year. A win, a championship, and a match that was so short, most people won't remember it happened. On the bright side, Mysterio is so popular he could help reestablish the Intercontinental Title as something fans should care about. Elevator: Up a floor.
The Undertaker & Shawn Michaels - History, ultimately, will be the judge of their match on Sunday. It is always hard to judge how a match will be seen so soon after it is completed. However, I feel fairly confident in saying that when people discuss the "greatest" Wrestlemania matches ever, this one will come up in discussion with Hart vs. Hart, Michaels vs. Ramon, Steamboat vs. Savage and TLC. For thirty minutes, two of the best ever delivered an incredible performance that was so much better than anything else on the show, I almost felt silly putting up a "Best Match" poll for the event. The Streak stayed alive, and Michaels was once again "Mr. Wrestlemania." Elevator: Both men go right to the top.
Edge - For the second straight year, Edge entered Wrestlemania a champion and walked out without a title. At least he is finally in the main event picture, where he belongs. He wasn't actually pinned in losing the championship, so there is a ready made storyline for him to face John Cena in singles matches down the road. Also, given the storyline lowered expectations for the match, Edge and Co. did a good job of at least giving us a fun bout to watch. Elevator: No more title, but on the same floor.
John Cena - Poor guy. First his movie doesn't do as well as hoped, then he gets booed at Wrestlemania again. Still, to his credit, Cena continues to try hard in the ring, and did his part in making the Triple Threat match better than expected. Also, never say the guy isn't strong, as my back was hurting watching him heft Big Show (and for a short time, Edge) around the way he did. Cena's got the belt back, which had a "here we go again" vibe to it. It's up to WWE to put Cena in a position where his hard work can turn people's opinions around. Elevator: Got the belt back, but on the same floor.
Big Show - The big guy looked a little goofy doing the old Andre "tied in the ropes" spot, since Show's body shape is very different, and he should have been able to get his legs under him and get out. However, I will forgive that, as Show obviously had his working shoes on for the match and contributed to a good bout. Was it as good as some of his Undertaker matches over the past few months? No, but at the same time, those were cases where Show was working with another "big man", which upped the believability factor: Elevator: Up a floor. Elevator: On the same floor, but pressing the button to go up.
Randy Orton & Triple H - Much like Undertaker & Shawn Michaels, I am putting these two together, but for the opposite reason. This time, instead of sharing the praise, they share the criticism. The "main event" of Wrestlemania was a huge letdown. Please, Orton and HHH defenders, don't bother with emails about how "no one could follow Taker vs. Michaels" and succeed. No one is asking them to have a better match than that. However, Bret Hart vs. Yokozuna followed Razor vs. Shawn, Hulk vs. Andre followed Steamboat vs. Savage and Chris Jericho vs. Triple H followed Rock vs. Hogan, and the crowd didn't fall asleep during those matches. Whether it was the fact that we've seen the match on PPV a half-dozen times before, or the physical effort in the ring, or whatever, this match didn't click and was a weak ending to Wrestlemania. They know it, we know it, end of story. Elevator: Down several floors.

The Undertaker was said to have kept to himself over WrestleMania weekend. Several sources are saying he stayed in his hotel room and iced his knees over and over. He's in rough shape these days but keeps on ticking. He'll be taking time off over the next year as will Shawn Michaels.

The Houston Chronicle features a front page story on The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels match at last night's WrestleMania 25.

"Shawn Michaels, the old football player from San Antonio, and Mark Calaway, aka the Undertaker, the old basketball player from Houston, brought down the house Sunday night during WrestleMania XXV at Reliant Stadium," said Barron in his lead sentence.

"At the match’s end, Michaels, 43, and the Undertaker, 44, both lay on the canvas as the crowd cheered, and there’s a better than 50-50 chance that the exhaustion was real, not staged, after a half-hour’s action inside and outside the 20-by-20-foot squared circle at Reliant’s 50-yard line," Barron said.

normal_WM_Chronicle_Cover_04_06_09.JPG

John Cena's ring entrance was influenced by the entrance that Eminem did a few years ago at the MTV Music Awards.

judgmentday2009.jpg

The official promotional poster for the PPV has been released. The poster features Edge holding the "scales of justice" in his hands.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/columns/101316/The-Wrestling-Doctor-04.07.09:-The-WWE-After-Wrestlemania-XXV.htm

The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels gave a classic performance at Wrestlemania XXV. Period. End of story. The match was an excellent display of in-ring storytelling, and will become a DVD staple and a point-of-reference in the coming years. Jim Ross has already declared it to be the best Wrestlemania match he has ever called, which covers a lot of serious territory.

And who did not love the over-produced symbolism of the entrances? Salvation vs. death, the continual vs. inevitable judgment, ascension vs. descension. Classic themes.

The match itself was a triumph for the participants, the fans, and the event. It did, however, brightly expose one of the WWE's current major weaknesses: the inability to conceive, plan, and execute a compelling story in the ring.

Whether you call it professional wrestling or sports entertainment, story telling is the nucleus of the product we all enjoy. Wrestler A and Wrestler B must have a reason why we would like to see them settle their differences in the ring. Once in the ring, a narrative needs to unfold that will pull the audience in and make them forget the realistic confines of what they are actually watching. Nobody wins unless the fans are sincerely sucked into the emotion of the match, despite their knowledge that the outcome is predetermined. Any wrestling fan can tell you of big matches where they rooted for one participant, clinched their teeth, and wiped the sweat from their palms in the exact same way they root for a football or baseball team during a big game. The feeling of investment on the part of the fans is what drives wrestling, and story telling is how that feeling is created.

Undertaker and Michaels know how to tell a story in the ring and create that sense of investment. There were not many potential sleepers on this year's Wrestlemania; before the show most people would have predicted that UT-HBK would be the match of the night. Most people would also have predicted that the Undertaker would win. Despite this predictability, the crowd was still chanting "This is awesome", which I believe may be a Wrestlemania first. The match created a sense of investment, and the audience loved it.

The quality of the UT-HBK match made the other weaknesses of the card brightly shine. First, the marquee WWE Title match between Triple H and Randy Orton did not deliver on its promise of violent reprisal. The Game did worse things to Ric Flair in 2005 than he did to the man who has RKOd and DDTd his wife over the last month. Are we supposed to believe that the same Hunter who broke into Orton's house would wrestle the type of match he did on Sunday night? The vengeance demanded by the story arc was not realized in Triple H's victory. The feud is by no means over, but the first payoff has cost the program a lot of momentum. Backlash will most likely feature Triple H / Vince / Shane vs. Orton / DiBiase / Rhodes, and Judgment Day will have a one-on-one stipulation rematch between HHH and RKO. This scenario could have been easily predicated before the big event. The build to Triple H-Orton was solid, but the payoff did not round out this critical chapter of the story the WWE is trying to tell.

The John Cena-Edge-Big Show World Title triple-threat was a primary draw for few viewers, and it delivered on its prospect of mediocrity. The angle was silly and rushed, and the story line never clicked. The WWE had two months to figure out what to do with Cena when Batista went down, and they failed to deliver.

The weaknesses with the two major title storylines stood out at Wrestlemania XXV because Undertaker-Michaels showed the fans what a good story is: two wrestlers fighting for a reason – in this case, to simply see who is the better man on the grandest stage of them all – in a match that delivers drama, intensity, and a result that ends the narrative in a satisfying way. Only the Hardys matchup came close to rivaling what UT and Michaels delivered.

A even bigger problem for the WWE is that the Undertaker is 47 and Shawn Michaels is 43. They had the match of the night – maybe even the WWE match of the year – but such an accolade should be going to younger talent instead of two veterans who probably have less than five years left. UT and HBK have earned every inch of their spot, but at this stage in their careers neither man should be the ones drawing the "This is awesome" chant if the WWE is a truly healthy company. Somebody has to be in the wings to take their place.

Wrestlemania X is seen as watershed event for the WWE, where new talent in their late twenties and early thirties – Bret Hart, Michaels, Owen Hart, Razor Ramon – broke out in a major way and established the direction of the company for the next three years. A similar situation evolved between Wrestlemanias XIII and XIV, when Steve Austin (then 32 / 33), The Rock (who could not rent a car without an extra deposit), Triple H, and a reinvented Undertaker set the tone for the Attitude Era. Wrestlemania XXI saw John Cena, Batista, Randy Orton, and Edge prove themselves as break out stars worthy of the top tier. But during the last four "showcases of the immortals", no new talent has truly emerged as a real name for the future. Sorry, C.M. Punk marks. No one really believed that Bobby Lashley was going to go any further than he did two years ago. Mr. Kennedy is the only fresh face who may have had a real shot, but his door has likely closed.

The lack of territories and the sterile corporate nature of the WWE developmental system are largely to blame for the new generation's inability to deliver. Even with Dusty Rhodes running FCW, the young bloods coming out of Florida do not know how to put together a story in the ring – and the WWE does not seem to care. UT-Michaels got a huge reaction last night, but the WWE seems to be more focused on video packages and skits than consistently delivering a high quality wrestling product at big events.

The saddest part of this whole thing is that the WWE has the best teachers in the world – guys like the Undertaker and Michaels – to show the new talent how to bring it to a big event. The WWE needs to reevaluate their internal training practices, and maybe establish a mentor system, if they want to be prepared to fill the gigantic holes in their roster that will open when guys like Taker, Michaels, and Triple H retire. The attitudes of the new talent may be poor and they deserve a lot of blame, but the WWE can do a lot to change those young mind sets if they take the right approach.

Meanwhile, the tag team title match was bumped for a last-minute performance by an irrelevant Kid Rock, in a move that clearly illustrates how out of touch the WWE is with their audience and their product. An AC/DC two song performance of "Rock ‘n' Roll Train" and "Shot to Thrill" would have made sense considering the promotional tie-in, but The Devil Without A Cause only served to fill the "Hey, look what celebrity we got" slot that Vince McMahon believes is essential for his signature event. The stillness in Reliant Stadium that Undertaker-Michaels broke down was disconcerting for a Wrestlemania, and should have sent a much stronger message to the back than any "This is awesome" chant.

I do not know where the WWE goes from here. They are entering an era where their product is exceptionally stale – no, downright boring – and they need to find a way to reinvigorate the marketplace as they did in 1997-1998. The WWE currently lacks the incentive they had during those years provided by looming bankruptcy, but the reality is that movies where John Cena rescues his wife, McMahon family tension, Triple H title reigns, and seventh-grade slumber party innuendo are not going to sustain long-term growth. The best match of the night at the biggest show of the year should not be between two veterans who probably will not be at Wrestlemania XXX, but it was. No disrespect to the veterans – but there needs to be some young blood snapping at their heels. Young talent must step up if the company is stay strong, but no fresh talent on the roster even came close. No stronger indictment of the WWE's current state can be found.

WWE are gonna suffer big time when HBK retires, there isnt a man on the roster who can outperform him, and you are right, thats a sorry state of affairs.

sd3tl4.gif

WWE taped this week's edition of SmackDown at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, Texas.

Dark Match:
* MVP b. Dolph Ziggler

WWE SmackDown: (Airing Friday Night)
* Matt Hardy comes out and demands an apology from Jeff. He says if Jeff doesn't apologize he's going to leave on a stretcher. Jeff comes out and attacks Matt. Matt flees to the back.

* Teddy Long announces Matt vs. Jeff Hardy in a Stretcher Match for later tonight.

* Todd Grisham & Jim Ross are commentating.

* Josh Matthews is doing ECW commentary until the draft or otherwise.

* Big Show b. Kofi Kingston
- Big Show got the easy win after countering Kofi off the top rope.

* The Great Khali b. Santino Marella
- Santino comes out and says that he could be drafted to SmackDown, so he opens a challenge for any wrestler in the back. The Great Khali comes out and says he can't quit thinking of Santina and he wants a kiss or he'll fight Santino. Santino declines and Khali demanded a referee come out and ring the bell.

* Gail Kim b. Michelle McCool

* The Cutting Edge is up next with special guest John Cena. Edge tells Cena how much he hates him. Cena then challenges Edge to hit him, but he walks away instead. Theodore Long comes out and announces they will fight for the World Championship tonight.

* Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes b. Carlito & Primo Colon in a non-title match.

* Randy Orton comes out and cuts a promo on the Six-Man Tag Match at Backlash.

* Matt Hardy b. Jeff Hardy in a Stretcher Match.
- After a failed Swanton Bomb from Jeff landing on the stretcher, Matt capitalized by rolling Jeff to the top of the ramp, hitting him with a chair, and crossing the finish line.

* John Cena b. Edge to retain the World Heavyweight Championship.

With Josh Matthews working as the play by play man on ECW last night, Todd Grisham will work with Jim Ross on Friday's episode of Smackdown. The announcing situation is likely to change with the draft Monday, as well as the addition of the WGN show.

As previously reported, the June 15th edition of WWE Raw from Charlotte, North Carolina will be a special 3-hour show. The show is rumored to feature a 1-night tournament to crown a 2009 King of the Ring.

The WWE website has an article looking at Vickie Guerrero becoming the new General Manager of Raw and what plans she may have in store for said brand. The article also speculates that Edge could be moved back to Raw in next week's draft. "Working on Raw also provides a benefit that many in the WWE Universe probably don't think about. For you, SmackDown is the most exciting two hours on network television, but for those on the show, it's a challenging, difficult (albeit exciting) job," the article reads. "By moving to Raw, Vickie will have her Friday nights free for whatever she likes. If her hubby Edge gets drafted to Raw, then we'd suggest using the time for marriage counseling." The article also adds that Burn Notice star Bruce Campbell reminds them in no small way of "The Rated-R Superstar" what with his "imposing chin" and "smarmy charm." The article speculates it being part of Guerrero's master plan to get closer to the cast of USA Network's original series.

As announced on last night's episode of ECW on Sci Fi, Theodore Long will be returning to SmackDown as the brand's General Manager, with his assistant Tiffany replacing him on ECW. Long's profile has been moved to the SmackDown roster section.

Thank god Teddy's returning to SD! :D

But now we have to put up with "EXCUSE ME!" from Vickie on RAW :doh:

I think that match with Takers was his best after a match he had with HHH a few years back, where they ended up in the crowds. Can't remember what PPV it was though, it was a no hold bared match anyway.

I think that match with Takers was his best after a match he had with HHH a few years back, where they ended up in the crowds. Can't remember what PPV it was though, it was a no hold bared match anyway.

yea that was Wrestlemania 17, another great match, I agree, but yea to agree with you again, last Sundays one with Michaels topped that. I think he had a great match with Flair as well. :)

Back