The offical wrestling thread..News, spoilers and results.

sweet princess, I bet you're over the moon about Takers return and what a way to return, HELL IN THE CELL!

His entrance is going to be an event in itself

Last edited:
^^Oh, hell yeah, you bet I am.
Edge is gonna get his ass kicked.
The way mick talked to Edge was
beautiful, so much emotion.

you better bring the Edge that can take punishment
Cause when that cell slams shut and Undertaker stands
face to face with the edge that went down on his
knees and said, " Baby, forgive me, I can't
live with out your love"
UNDERTAJER WILL TEAR YOU APART!!

My son turned 14 yesterday. He is going to have his party on Aug 17th.. Yup, he is having a Summerslam b-day party. I'll be watching to. I've been watching the Vickie/Edge storyline. lol

Ric Flair Update; Personal Problems, TNA Bound? & More
Aug 04 2008 by Andy Stevens

Early reports have claimed that Ric Flair is going through some personal problems. There is no confirmation on what the problems are but we will keep you updated.

Ric Flair is scheduled to be appearing on Got Game in Charlotte, NC at 10:30pm tonight. He will be discussing his upcoming appearance at the NWA Legends convention.

Now that Ric Flair and World Wrestling Entertainment have parted ways, the door is now open for TNA to step in and book Flair. His WWE release does have the 90 day clause so unless things change, he will not be able to do certain bookings until the 90 days are up.

Ric Flair Comments On His Departure From WWE, Information For Promoters Interested In Booking Flair
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Sunday, August 3, 2008 at 11:38 PM EST

Thanks to WrestlingFigs.com for the following information:

Following his departure from the company earlier today, Ric Flair released the following statement:

"WWE and I parted on the best of terms. This gives me the chance to pursue new opportunities...corporate speaking engagements, product sponsorships, autograph shows for my loyal fans (who made me what I am today) and film and television roles. My agent and I are very excited about what the future holds!"

Wrestling promoters interesting in booking Flair should contact his agent, Elaine Gillespie. She also coordinates bookings for "Rowdy" Roddy Piper as well as SmackDown announcer Mick Foley. Here is her contact information and e-mail address for promoters interesting in booking the one and only Ric Flair.

ELAINE GILLESPIE
THE GILLESPIE AGENCY, INC.
Advertising/Media/Public Relations
Booking for Wrestling Legends Mick Foley, Roddy Piper and Ric Flair
3007 Millwood Avenue Columbia, SC 2920
803-779-2126 BookRic@thegillespieagency.com

Her agent has also set up a page on Facebook.com for him, so that will be his "official website." His agent plans on posting his event schedule on the page. You can reach Flair's Facebook page at this link. You can also find the page by typing in "Ric Flair, The Nature Boy".

WWE Officially Announces The Departure Of Ric Flair From The Company
Submitted by Daniel Pena on Sunday, August 3, 2008 at 11:25 PM EST

WWE.com has officially confirmed Ric Flair's departure from the company. Here is the statement they released:

Flair and WWE Part Ways
Written: August 3, 2008

WWE and Hall of Famer Ric Flair have mutually agreed to contractually part ways. After an extraordinary career Ric has chosen to pursue opportunities outside of WWE.

New pics of Taker

taker5vc9kf9.jpg

taker4se2xj6.jpg

taker2fn7fe4.jpg

taker3am9da4.jpg

taker1ws7zm5.jpg

Afflictionbanned013.jpg

aff6.jpg

WWE News - Another SmackDown star injured, ECW rating
Submitted by Amish Patel on Thursday, August 7, 2008 at 4:43 AM EST

Credit: PWInsider.com

- There's no word on what injury Umaga has sustained exactly, but like Ken Kennedy, he was hurt last week and as such was not used for Tuesday's SmackDown taping. Speaking of Kennedy, he is due to see a doctor by the end of this week.

- ECW's latest show on Sci-Fi was up to a 1.5 rating.

**********************************************************************************************

Ric Flair Update, Hogan on WWE's New Celeb Writer
Aug 06 2008 by Marc Middleton

- Ric Flair wanted out of his WWE deal because in recent months, he had been forced to give up nearly 30 NWA appearances, as well as several other appearances, due to WWE not wanting him to make them. Flair would have gotten paid up to $10,000 per appearance, so he missed out on a lot of money by not being able to work those events. Flair decided to ask for his release from WWE so he could pursue these other opportunities. Since Flair announced his departure from WWE, he has gotten around 250 offers and there is apparently some type of bidding war going on for a Flair shoot interview. While TNA would love to have Flair, it is still unknown whether Flair is allowed to work for another nationally televised wrestling promotion.

- TMZ posted video of Hulk Hogan commenting on the Freddy Prinze, Jr. hire by WWE. After commenting on the divorce proceedings with Linda, Hogan said about Prinze: "I think he's probably just as qualified as everybody else up there that knows nothing about the art form of the business."

********************************************************************************

Hulk Hogan's confession on seperation:

Hulk Hogan was recently interviewed by entertainment news show Acess Hollywood and made an emotional confession about how he is dealing with his divorce with Linda. A video of the interview interview can be viewed at this link.
The confession is that Hulk wishes he was still with Linda. Hulk says it's been incredibly difficult dealing with the seperation, Hulk explains, "There wasn't an argument. It was 'I dont love you, I don't want to be with you, I don't want to see you anymore.'" Hulk says things have been made worse by Linda flaunting her new relationship with a 19 year old former classmate of Brooke and Nick's.
Hulk denied allegations that the divorce is a ploy to protect his assets from civil litigation by the family of John Graziano.
Hulk said the divorce should be a simple process of dividing up their assets but Linda has been going to the tabloids claiming the divorce will be a war and they're burning through money he saved up for his family.

Triple H's 2nd child-name revealed

As noted earlier, Stephanie McMahon-Levesque gave birth to her second child on Monday. The child is an 8-pound 12-ounce baby girl named Murphy Claire Levesque. This was one day after Triple H's 39th birthday and four days after the 2nd birthday of the couple's first daughter, Aurora Rose Levesque. Triple H was given time off from house shows the past few weeks due to the impending birth. That was also the reason he didn't appear at the Saturday Night's Main Event taping this past Monday in Washington D.C. Unlike the birth of the couple's first daughter, WWE did not announce the birth on the company web site.

Ric Flair's 3rd wife files for divorce:

-- Ric Flair's wife Tiffany has filed for divorce, reports WrestlingObserver.com.

WWE.com issued the following statement regarding the release of Braden Walker (a.k.a. Chris Harris):

Braden Walker released
Written: August 7, 2008

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of ECW Superstar Braden Walker as of August 7, 2008. WWE wishes Braden the best in all future endeavors.

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of ECW Superstar Braden Walker as of Aug. 7, 2008, and the release of ECW Superstars Nunzio and James Curtis, SmackDown Superstars Shannon Moore, Domino, and Big Daddy V,and WWE referee Nick Patrick as of Aug. 8, 2008.
WWE wishes them the best in all their future endeavors.

^^WCW ripping off Takers entrance! It doesnt hold a candle to seeing Taker enter an arena Trust me ;)

Update on The Great Khali's WWE Future, Shelton Benjamin, More
Aug 08 2008 by Marc Middleton

- WWE is looking to get as much out of The Great Khali while they still can. The belief is that he won't be with the company for the long haul due to his ailing knees, as they continue to give him problems. Khali was said to not be too aggressive in rehab during his last round of knee surgeries. Nowadays, Khali struggles to get around and people are questioning his long term future in the business.

- SmackDown star Shelton Benjamin is getting pressure to step up his game during his latest push. A number of people believe Benjamin is a great athlete, but that he could be a better in-ring performer if he applied himself more and got motivated.

- WWE.com has a story on Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder capturing the WWE Tag Team Championship at The Great American Bash. In case you don't know, they made history by becoming the youngest champions to hold tag titles in the history of WWE. Hawkins said, "What we've accomplished is pretty spectacular. I want people out there who are over the age of 23 to stop and reflect on what they were doing at our age, because what have you accomplished? I know Zack Ryder and I are 23 years old and we’re already WWE Tag Team Champions."

Last edited:
Hi guys check this out...I think this is one of the best entrances...Sting back in 97' I believe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql1Vt4gc4d4

Ignore the Brothers of Destruction mark below you. Clearly, the only thing that scary Sting ripped off was The Crow. Man, in '97, that guy was the coolest mother-****er in wrestling.

Here's a badass promo from his sworn enemies. The first nWo title win and spray-painting. This and Bash At the Beach the same year were the beginning of a damn era:

[youtube]YClLxdRPkpY[/youtube]

Lol @ kids who don't understand yet that Hogan turned on them a month ago.

Man, Hollywood Hogan is one of the greatest heels of all-time.

Ignore the Brothers of Destruction mark below you. Clearly, the only thing that scary Sting ripped off was The Crow. Man, in '97, that guy was the coolest mother-****er in wrestling.

Here's a badass promo from his sworn enemies. The first nWo title win and spray-painting. This and Bash At the Beach the same year were the beginning of a damn era:

[youtube]YClLxdRPkpY[/youtube]

Lol @ kids who don't understand yet that Hogan turned on them a month ago.

Man, Hollywood Hogan is one of the greatest heels of all-time.

I may be a BoD 'mark' but the entrance is clearly WCW trying to have a Taker style entrance for its PPV. Obviously Sting ripped off The Crow but thats not all.

Hogan = Karma!

I may be a BoD 'mark' but the entrance is clearly WCW trying to have a Taker style entrance for its PPV.

Nope, sorry, don't see it. Sting and Undertaker have different vibes, other than being dark and mysterious, which isn't a concept owned by The Undertaker. Sting was an avenger. Undertaker's The Undertaker. "Oh, look, the lights are out and Sting is wearing black things! UNDERTAKER RIP-OFF LOL!" Kane might as well be an Undertaker rip-off by that same logic, if not for the fact that his main color is red.

As for Hogan, I'm sure being without a shadow of a doubt the biggest star in the history of professional wrestling keeps him relatively satisfied. "Karma" is usually more or less a word used by bitter people when something bad happens to someone they have an issue with. Makes them feel important or justified or something lame like that. Or maybe I'm wrong, and God paralyzed a kid to teach Hulk Hogan a lesson. Hahahaha. That's so sad it's funny.

Luckily, I'm pretty sure that bad things happen to everyone and every family, so there'll always be ample opportunity to scream "karma!" like a cliche hippie ****-rag for virtually every single person on Earth who you have a problem with. Have you ever experienced a personal tragedy or death of a close friend/family member? KARMA! See how it works? Everyone can do it :)!

Poor Hogan. At least he is without a shadow of a doubt the biggest star in the history of professional wrestling, and drew approximately a million times more than The Undertaker and anyone else not named Steve Austin ;).

Last edited:
Nope, sorry, don't see it. Sting and Undertaker have different vibes, other than being dark and mysterious, which isn't a concept owned by The Undertaker. Sting was an avenger. Undertaker's The Undertaker.

I dont think you get that Im only talking about the entrances being similar with the flashing lights (imitating lightening.) etc. Yes the characters of Sting and Taker are very different. And Undertaker is not just The Undertaker.
As for Hogan, I'm sure being without a shadow of a doubt the biggest star in the history of professional wrestling keeps him relatively satisfied. "Karma" is usually more or less a word used by bitter douche bags when something bad happens to someone they don't like. Makes them feel important or justified or something lame like that. But maybe I'm wrong and God paralyzed a kid to teach Hulk Hogan a lesson. LOL.

Hogan is deffo one of the biggest names in pro wrestling. However his selfishness & greediness have made him a hated man in the wrestling world due to the fact that he will not job for anyone. One in a while he has but thats only if he gets a win over his opponant at a later PPV. Take Summerslam with HBK for example, he was to win at SS and then to loose at Unforgiven to HBK however after his win at SS, Hogan suddenly left WWE....again, until he needs another pay check from Vince. Oh yeah BTW, Hogans contract states that he takes half the buyrates from PPVs which far greater than any other wrestlers pay check and does a lot less work. In fact Hogan is terrible wrestler and his style doesnt work in todays business.

I also dont believe that God causes Karma. What has happened to Hogan and his family is what they got back for their self-centered lifestyle. And at that expense was a kid who is still in hospital over a year later. Hulk has even been recorded saying that the kid in hospital got what he deserved!! How sick is that. His kid in jail, him divorced and going through legal hassells with his ex plus his families name through the mud is something I wouldnt want to go through but I dont feel sorry for them.

My "raging stereotype Internet smark with stereotype Internet smark opinions" censors were going off and shredded most of your post, so I'm only left with this:

In fact Hogan is terrible wrestler and his style doesnt work in todays business.

Though I'm not sure how it made the cut, since it's not much different.

But anyway, since it's there for me to respond to, I will say that Hulk Hogan's workrate in the ring is irrelevant to anyone who actually understands what the point of pro wrestling is. His manipulation of the crowd and innate ability to create excitement supercedes any and all intellectual analysis about his "ability." This is why Rock vs. Hogan is remembered more than Angle vs. Benoit.

Last edited:
I know know if he ripped them off but I liked wwf more back in the day..I just thought that entrance was hot

http://www.hellnahman.com/player.swf
Below is a copy of a letter that a reader sent in from a guy who has a beef with Hulk Hogan. Apparently the guy left the video and letter at Hogan’s house among other places:

August 8, 2008
ROAD TO REDEMPTION
Hulk Hogan,
First of all this is not a threat but merely a challenge and an opportunity to begin to redeem yourself and your reputation! My name is Tako, family man, and friend to many. I am nowhere as famous as yourself, the icon and hero to so many young and old. But nonetheless, I am well respected to those who know me, never once putting myself before others and always being considerate of all, while raising my children with the same values. Your son Nick, was convicted of driving drunk with his best friend John Graziano as a passenger on August 26, 2007. He wrecked your car leaving John Graziano in a coma. During your jail visit with Nick, he cried to you that he can’t take it anymore. Instead of telling him to “man up” and remind him that after his 8 month sentence, he will be walking out on his own two feet, you proceeded to kiss his ass and make references to Nick that John “made his own bed and has to sleep in it. ” Meanwhile, John is more than likely sentenced to spend the rest of his life in a coma and if he does recover, chances are he will have massive brain damage and other neurological problems. Lets not forget what his family is living with every day while their son lay comatose.
The tapes released by the prison and heard by the public brought embarrassment and humiliation to your name and reputation. You have disgraced yourself with your comments to me and many others, both young and old, and who looked up to you, including my twelve year-old son. Now to the point. I will challenge you to a cage match (not WWE style (scripted)). Rather I challenge you to a UFC style (reality match) fight. I am not a professional fighter, nor did I ever claim to be. I am merely a man of principal, respect and honor. I am 5 ft 11 inches tall and weigh 240 pounds, much smaller and lighter than yourself. Perhaps I may be a bit more crazy than a normal person in asking for this match given your superior size and experience in the ring . If you accept this challenge, I will give you and I two months to get ready for this fight. More importantly it will us time to promote this from the day it is signed. Meanwhile, the proceeds from this event will be arranged to go to John Graziano’s family for past, present, and future medical bills. I will allow you to pick the venue if you wish and I am sure between all the people you know this could generate a great deal of money and corporate interest for this event and its charitable intentions. This will be an opportunity for you to begin to redeem yourself and clear your name of any wrongdoing for your negligent and irresponsible comments.
I will go one step further and donate for raffle a custom Sickasso pro street chopper if I lose. However, here is the catch: if you loose, you are to purchase the bike at cost and donate it for raffle towards John Graziano’s medical expenses. As I see it, this can make you look like the hero you claim to be, and do something good for a young man and his family whose life has been destroyed by your son’s recklessness. Of course we will have our attorneys draft all the proper documents, which will include mutual releases of liability for both of us. This is the opportunity to have the most meaningful event of your career. I will anxiously await your reply.
Tako
Sickasso Cycle Creations.
Cell 954-214-1710

P.S. Copies of the taped video in front of your South Beach home will be distributed to numerous news stations, radio stations, WWE, UFC and You Tube.
LETS SEE IF YOU “MAN UP”
OR
“IF THE APPLE DOES NOT FALL FAR FROM THE TREE”
http://www.hellnahman.com/video/266/Pissed-of-Man-Challenges-Hulk-Hogan

Last edited:
WWE News: Another WWE Superstar Released - Former King of the Ring
Submitted by Michael Bluth on Friday, August 8, 2008 at 4:48 PM EST

Source: PWInsider.com

Add ECW star Big Daddy V to the list of WWE superstars released this afternoon. The former King of the Ring hasn't been on television since March due to a health issue. He was moved to SmackDown at the 2008 WWE Draft.

There were reports before WrestleMania 24 that Big Daddy V was out of action due to a bad case of pneumonia, which led WWE to ask him to drop some weight before returning.

WWE releases talents
WWE.com has yet to post a statement, but we can confirm the release of the 6 following talents:

-- Big Daddy V

-- Shannon More

-- Domino

-- Nunzio

-- James Curtis

-- Referee Nick Patrick

They're may be some additional firings, so stay tuned

Flair's Wife Files For Divorce, Flair Commanding Big $ Posted in: WWE News on Aug 7, 2008 - 1:44:04 PM

-- As you know by now, Ric Flair recently severed all ties with WWE on good terms in order to pursue his own outside bookings and appearances. According to Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com, there is a lot of demand for Ric Flair's services. Flair's handlers are charging around $15,000 for live appearances and upto $50,000 for Flair's first shoot interview. It should be noted that contrary to other reports out there, Flair is strongly leaning away from getting back in the ring and does not want to tarnish the memorable retirement angle WWE did with him earlier this year.

-- Rumors have been flying around all week but it can now be confirmed that Ric Flair has separated from his third wife Tiffany VanDemark, who was prominent right through Flair’s Hall of Fame and farewell segments. It’s believed the couple have been split since June. The couple met in 1999 and have bee married for two years. His wife was the one that filed for divorce. Here's a picture of the couple from this year's Hall of Fame ceremony:

ric20flair20and20tiffanuu4.jpg

Scourge of the Deadman

By: Michael Burdick
Written: August 8, 2008

Now that Undertaker has been reinstated, WWE Superstars have nothing to fear but fear itself.WWE.DoubleClick.renderAd('300x250'); dcmaxversion = 9dcminversion = 8DoOn Error Resume Nextplugin = (IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash." & dcmaxversion & "")))If plugin = true Then Exit Dodcmaxversion = dcmaxversion - 1Loop While dcmaxversion >= dcminversion

SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero stunned the WWE Universe when she made the announcement that the legendary Undertaker had been reinstated and would face her husband, Edge, in a Hell in a Cell Match at SummerSlam. Although the Phenom’s main target will, without a doubt, be the Rated-R Superstar, what could the reawakening of one of sports-entertainment’s most dominant Superstars mean to WWE?
And, while it might be more fitting to compare the reemergence of Undertaker to the rise of Hell on Earth, the only thing with more “fury than a woman scorned” will be the vengeful rage of the Deadman. WWE.com caught up with a handful of Superstars to find out how they feel about Guerrero’s astonishing announcement.
The GM’s nephew, Chavo Guerrero, expressed no regret over his aunt’s latest executive decision. “It’s exciting to have Undertaker back,” the self-proclaimed “Mexican Warrior” said. He was also quick to add his intentions of washing his hands of the consequences. “I don’t want to be involved in doing Edge’s dirty work for him anymore. Edge dug his own hole and he’s going to have to crawl out of it himself.”

“How would you react if someone told you that the Four Riders of the Apocalypse were on the horizon?” was the response Montel Vontavious Porter gave, a Superstar not usually at a loss for words.
One-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions, Zack Ryder, a Superstar who played a key role in helping Edge banish the Deadman, commented by saying, “I don’t know why Vickie would do it. She promised us that she would never bring him back. She was thinking with her heart and it backfired because now we have to deal with Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell at SummerSlam.”

Big Show made sure to point out the catastrophic effects of Undertaker’s return. “The competition level just went up big time,” admitted The World’s Largest Athlete. “I’m just glad I’m not in his sights right now. I’d like him to work off some of that frustration on Edge so he calms down a little bit. One thing you do not want,” warned Big Show, “is the Deadman walking and having you in his sights.”

“I, for one, think it’s a great thing,” said Shannon Moore, showing that some Superstars don’t see the Phenom’s reinstatement as an omen of destruction for the WWE Universe. “I don’t think Undertaker should have had an absence to start with. So, for him to come back and seek revenge, I think it’s terrific.”
ECW Diva Eve offered a female’s perspective on why Guerrero may have gone to such extreme measures. “I am not that surprised, actually. Most of us have never seen Vickie as upset as she was with Edge. But, it’s great for WWE. If that’s what it takes to get him back, so be it.”
The Miz was not in agreement, expressing his condolences for the Ultimate Opportunist. “I feel sorry for Edge. He has been involved in every kind of match other than Hell in a Cell and Undertaker, as angry as he must be, is the king of Hell in a Cell.”

A smiling Shelton Benjamin is looking forward to Undertaker once again stepping into the WWE ring. “My thought is, I sure feel sorry for Undertaker. Eventually, he’s going to have to go up against the Gold Standard. Then he will rest in … pieces.”

Ranjin Singh – the man who will stand by The Great Khali as he challenges WWE Champion Triple H at SummerSlam – also feels the Undertaker is not invincible and could end up victim to the very scourge that most believe he will be unleashing. “Undertaker has all the pain in the world coming to him. I personally hope he and Edge destroy each other.”
Which ever way you look at it, a dark cloud of peril has cast itself over all who dare enter the squared circle. Undertaker’s reinstatement and the impending Hell in a Cell Match at the Biggest Blockbuster of the Summer could rock WWE to its very foundations. While the Deadman is walking, none of the living are safe, most of all Edge.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/articles/7052124/scourgeofthedeadman

Last edited:
Back