The MJJC July 13th 02 Vigil General Discussion From Page 36 [UPDATE: Post 1]

Re: The MJJC July 13th 02 Vigil General Discussion From Page 36

yep navi is a great guy, he does respect michael but i think he got caught up in all the circus. Think in his own right he probably wanted to give a bit of what was missing to the fans. So dont think we should gang up on him. I think your all well cool and look forward to our next meet.

I can understand why Gary is pissed, and I try to look at it like this way...
If I were an impersonator, then I'd come as myself and not as a MJ wannabe.
I've never liked impersonators to begin with, but in a situation like this it's disrespectful.

I mean, wear your glove and your hat - but don't put on a show like this gathering is about you.

This is exactly what we were saying in Las Iguanas last night. It was wrong for Navi and others to come dressed as Michael and make a scene. Michael was influenced by others such as James Brown, sure, but he was unique. These people needed to be themselves at the vigil and remember him for the man he was, not just copy him to get an audience and draw attention. I met some impersonators at the WMA's and enjoyed dancing and celebrating Michael with them then, but yesterday was not appropriate :no:

Like i said it takes two to make the effort just wish i was not as shy sometimes to be able to say "Who are you" lol. I just got this on facebook

"GUYS,

JUST WANT TO SAY A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO CAME TONIGHT AND OR HAVE BEEN SUPPORTING TONIGHTS EVENT.

IT REALLY WAS A UNFORGETTABLE EVENING AND ONE I KNOW MICHAEL WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY PROUD OF SO YOU ALL DERSERVE A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR BEING SUCH GREAT FANS!

IM SORRY I DIDN'T GET TO MEET ALL OF YOU, I REALLY WOULD HAVE LOVED TO BUT AS YOU ALL KNOW WITH SUCH A BIG TURN OUT IT WAS VERY DIFFICULT SO IF I DIDNT SEE YOU IM SORRY BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING THERE YOU TRUELY MADE THE NIGHT AMAZING!
TO ALL OF YOU I DID GET THE PLEASURE OF MEETING IT WAS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

PLEASE EVERYONE STAY IN THE GROUP AS FUTURE EVENTS WILL BE TAKING PLACE...INFACT HERE IS A LITTLE BIT OF NEWS...THERE IS GOING TO BE AN EXCLUSIVE TICKET ONLY BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR MICHAEL IN CENTRAL LONDON ON AUGUST 29TH IN A BAR/CLUB WITH ALL TICKET PROCEEDS GOING TO THE HEAL THE WORLD FOUNDATION, THIS EVENT IS GOING TO BE FAB AND SO STICK WITH THE GROUP AND MORE NEWS ABOUT THIS WILL FOLLOW.

ONCE AGAIN THANKS TO EVERYONE, I HOPE YOU ALL HAD AS GOOD A NIGHT AS WE DID AND IF YOU ARE TRAVELLING HOME, GET HOME SAFE!

MICHAEL JACKSON TRUELY LIVES ON IN EVERY ONE OF US!

LOVE TO YOU ALL!!

LAURA XXXXX"

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=101917206849#/group.php?gid=101917206849

Please feel free to add the group and write on the wall the concerns!!!!!!!!!!!! I do and she keeps deleting them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate people like that, so much !! posted some pics guys x

Was this Laura by any chance the girl they seemed to be calling "The Organiser" for whatever reason?

Was this Laura by any chance the girl they seemed to be calling "The Organiser" for whatever reason?

i think so the one with the massive gob on here, that kept turning over the songs she didnt know!!! I keep posting messages on her group , funny how they keep getting deleted!!

I single handedly blame that girl for ruining one night that we WILL NEVER EVER GET BACK!!!!!!

well what can i say i was disgusted by the whole thing, and especially Navi walking around like he was michael.

Some fans just wanted to take the moment and grieve but these so called people that made it into a party are disgusting.

I went home early thank god

i think so the one with the massive gob on here, that kept turning over the songs she didnt know!!! I keep posting messages on her group , funny how they keep getting deleted!!

I single handedly blame that girl for ruining one night that we WILL NEVER EVER GET BACK!!!!!!

Hmm I think I know who you mean. I just wondered if she was the same one that somebody posted about a few pages back, where nobody from MJJC could get up and say anything or call for a minutes silence because "The Organiser" said no. I think the conversation went "she said nobody on the stage"
"who's she?"
"the organiser". Something like that. Wondered if this was that person.

Who was 'the choir' who were up on the stage for the first couple of hours?? I walked from the clubhouse with fans at around 6pm and arrived to hundreds of people and a choir half-singing half-chanting on the stage, although you could hardly hear them over the noise of boom boxes. Hmm :s

Hmm I think I know who you mean. I just wondered if she was the same one that somebody posted about a few pages back, where nobody from MJJC could get up and say anything or call for a minutes silence because "The Organiser" said no. I think the conversation went "she said nobody on the stage"
"who's she?"
"the organiser". Something like that. Wondered if this was that person.

Hahaha ive just been kicked out the group! What a loser. still so angrey.

Who was 'the choir' who were up on the stage for the first couple of hours?? I walked from the clubhouse with fans at around 6pm and arrived to hundreds of people and a choir half-singing half-chanting on the stage, although you could hardly hear them over the noise of boom boxes. Hmm :s

I also wondered who they were and WHY the heck they were on that stage???! all they did was face the cameras of a few news teams there and just randomly chanting or half-heartedly singing something. so awful imo!

Err, just thought I had better let you know I clicked that facebook link that sugarbunny posted and the first comment I saw was by this Laura person:

"Your friends with MJJC i notice, they organised most of what went on last night in terms of music, dancers etc so why not go pester them instead of bringing people down in here who actually did have a good night. Your the minority at the end of the day so i am not going to allow 1 person to ruin the memories the rest of us hold"

I sincerely hope she is not implying that that MJJC were responsible for yesterdays circus when it is perfectly clear MJJC were not!

Err, just thought I had better let you know I clicked that facebook link that sugarbunny posted and the first comment I saw was by this Laura person:

"Your friends with MJJC i notice, they organised most of what went on last night in terms of music, dancers etc so why not go pester them instead of bringing people down in here who actually did have a good night. Your the minority at the end of the day so i am not going to allow 1 person to ruin the memories the rest of us hold"

I sincerely hope she is not implying that that MJJC were responsible for yesterdays circus when it is perfectly clear MJJC were not!

That was to me but she deleted all my comments!!

OMG...how tasteless. :(

Can't wait for an MJJC only get together!

Let her get on with it. Just can't believe she kind of set MJJC up to be targetted like that.

I dont think so everyone else njoyed it to much it seems , maybe there something wrong with us lol :(

I just left a very polite message on the wall thanking all the people that made the event possible, just that for me personally I would have preferred more of a 'vigil'.
That got deleted too...

Can we all leave the group and not support her, she's clearly got issues of power.

Last edited:

I dont think so everyone else njoyed it to much it seems , maybe there something wrong with us lol :(

I think the problem is it was supposed to be a vigil not a combination of Britains Got Talent and a drunken party. I don't think there's anything wrong with us for not wanting that.

I think the problem is it was supposed to be a vigil not a combination of Britains Got Talent and a drunken party. I don't think there's anything wrong with us for not wanting that.

Agree! And whoever that Laura chick is, she clearly has some issues!

But hey, it was the same when Michael was alive and it is the same now that he has passed. There will always be groups and divisions and fans thinking they are more important or better than others. Sad, but true.

oh wait, I've been removed already! Nice...what a complete **** If's she's a MJ fan I'll eat my fedora.

I just left a very polite message on the wall thanking all the people that made the event possible, just that for me personally I would have preferred more of a 'vigil.
That got deleted too...

Can we all leave the group and not support her, she's clearly got issues of power.

That's unbelievable! You can't even say what you truly feel. I'm not on facebook myself but like you said, power issues for sure.

Seeing fans sitting round in circles with candles talking quietly was fine. If fans wanted to have a drink and a laugh then that's also fine, but it was imposing.

Was your post really deleted Sheri, even though you were polite about it and thanked them?? Ridiculous, how rude!

Seeing fans sitting round in circles with candles talking quietly was fine. If fans wanted to have a drink and a laugh then that's also fine, but it was imposing.

Was your post really deleted Sheri, even though you were polite about it and thanked them?? Ridiculous, how rude!

Yes, and deleted from the group.
They were moaning about people leaving rude posts, so I said "I don't see any". Don't think they liked the fact that I showed them up for deleting posts.

I think it was a mix of fans who wanted to party and fans who wanted to morn >> also loads of random people turned up who didnt really want to sit there and think about someone who didnt mean anything to him so they came to see somthing and hear the songs they know :sad:

There was an announcement on Heart radio (ex-southern fm) yesterday morning encouraging people to go down to the 02 and pay their respects to Michael. They said 'fans will be there holding hands and singing we are the world in a big circle before lighting candles and paying their last respects. If you're round the 02 tomorrow evening check it out'. Don't think that helped much, lots of non-fans going increased the numbers and made it less personal to those who really wanted to mourn, not celebrate.

lets organise a nice quiet vigil where we can relax and chat about his music and watchi his concerts

i didnt stay long due to the fact that i felt ill my girlfriend had to go home ot her children and there was a hufge bunch of " camera whores "

Agree! And whoever that Laura chick is, she clearly has some issues!

But hey, it was the same when Michael was alive and it is the same now that he has passed. There will always be groups and divisions and fans thinking they are more important or better than others. Sad, but true.

That is true. I think there is no such thing as a better or more important fan. Just because one fan can dance better than another doesn't mean they are more significant as fans. Myself, although I love Michaels music, the part of him I was a fan of the most was his humanitarian side, his want to heal the world and the love he gave out so willingly, even when it meant others twisted that love into something dark and disturbing. BUT I would not say "I'm a bigger better fan" because we're all different.

Back