The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

i suggest she changes and you don;t need to see it ....what is this ... Curb ???
But she wore it well!

Curb Your Enthusiasm! Larry David.

1c941c7cc8176df680742353bafdc31b22e5e771.gif

Q - What’s something you like about Old English?

A - At first sight it is bewildering and strange, but if you remember old dialect words, and sayings that have nearly died out, and make connections to Scots, or Dutch, or German, it takes on an eerie, uncanny-valley of familiarity - like you know intuitively that it sounds right.

A - So many lovely swear words. I did a year of OA at university. Love it that so many basic Anglo Saxon words are now sweary

A - The depiction of wolves in Anglo-Saxon & O.E literature.

A - That it is old :)
Anything old brings a good archaeology of meanings by giving clues about lexical innovations of the past, drawing a projection of what ought to/might happen next

A - Kennings. Saying things like whale road, swan plain, kelp's land, fish field, earth belt, water way, eel ground, and blood of the land instead of 'sea'.

I watched it! And I really loved it 
Very glad you liked it))))
I read more about the movie, turns out it was one of the first major underwater shoots! There wasn't even any special equipment, everything was developed as we worked😯😯😯😯
The actors were really really good and the actor who played Ichthyander was sooo handsome!
The actor is handsome)))) they call him a sex symbol of that time.

The costumes were wonderful, especially the sea costume of Ichthyander.
The costume is impressive, especially if you know what it was made of 😍😍😍😍😍 It was tights and scales from an old movie film, which were painted with special paint😅😅😅😅😅
I also admired the style of swimming and have to try this myself 😁 It looked very efficient and elegant when moving under water.
It's Dolphin. It's a bit hard to swim, but the pleasure is immense
My only remaining question: How did Gutierra (?) learn to breathe under water in the end? Must have been love :)

And this is where I'm shocked. Turns out the ending was edited in the English version. I won't write in detail, but it's not as unambiguous in the original! I don't understand why they did that 😱😱😱😱

Back