The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

My very first works of science fiction were Alexander Belyaev (born March 16, 1884 😯😯😯😯) And surprisingly, I found the English version of the film adaptation of his novel πŸ˜―πŸ™‚ 1961. I decided it was a signπŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜… and it's here)))))

stuartwalton_art.jpg

Stuart Walton. Untitled(?), but perhaps β€œLamp Post.” 1985!

My very first works of science fiction were Alexander Belyaev (born March 16, 1884 😯😯😯😯) And surprisingly, I found the English version of the film adaptation of his novel πŸ˜―πŸ™‚ 1961. I decided it was a signπŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜… and it's here)))))
Will watch!

That’s a doggone shame, because they are lovely!
It is a shame. People do rally to try to save them. There was a big fuss not so long ago, can't remember which part of the UK. I think those ones got saved. They were original gas lamps, iirc. Most of them were converted to electricity but a few of the gas ones are still around. Not many though. :(

This is cool! I am not into science fiction and fantasy at all, but when it is THAT old I want to know what they did here. Amazing find @hope :D

EDIT: I watched a few minutes already: It has a MERMAN with a beautiful costume and fantastic film music! :love:

Last edited:
This is cool! I am not into science fiction and fantasy at all, but when it is THAT old I want to know what they did here. Amazing find @hope :D

EDIT: I watched a few minutes already: It has a MERMAN with a beautiful costume and fantastic film music! :love:
I just reviewed it myself. It's very atmospheric, reflects the ideas of the time, and I really like the actors. And of course the human passions in all their glory. And I often thought of Michael's story when I saw the parallel with the story of Ichthyander. For example, the problems of socialization, when he has to be afraid of people, the fantasies of the press, the moment when he gave a lot of money for a fish, because he didn't know what money was at all. And love.
What was your impression? Very interestingπŸ€”πŸ’­?

I'm sorry, I don't understand. What is that? πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

I just reviewed it myself. It's very atmospheric, reflects the ideas of the time, and I really like the actors. And of course the human passions in all their glory.
I watched it! And I really loved it :) The actors were really really good and the actor who played Ichthyander was sooo handsome!

And I often thought of Michael's story when I saw the parallel with the story of Ichthyander. For example, the problems of socialization, when he has to be afraid of people, the fantasies of the press, the moment when he gave a lot of money for a fish, because he didn't know what money was at all. And love.
:love:

What was your impression? Very interestingπŸ€”πŸ’­?
The costumes were wonderful, especially the sea costume of Ichthyander. I also admired the style of swimming and have to try this myself 😁 It looked very efficient and elegant when moving under water.
My only remaining question: How did Gutierra (?) learn to breathe under water in the end? Must have been love :)

Back