The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

I can’t seem to find that particular quote… But the above is related, at least.

I can’t seem to find that particular quote… But the above is related, at least.
OK, I managed 34 seconds and had to bail. British comedians at their smug, irritating best. Sorry, Agonum, these people are not my people. They all annoy me intensely. And they definitely do not entertain me. They might have had something interesting to say but I couldn't stick around long enough. :eek:

Samuel Johnson def wasn't the first but he seems to have done a better job than his predecessors. He has a fanbase and everything, lol.

Here is my peace offering, a little joke I found yesterday:

Q - How many (classical music) conductors does it take to change a light bulb?
A - No-one knows because no-one ever looks at them.

Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert in It Happened One Night, 1934

<ok, I'm done with this malarkey, lol>

It-Happened-One-Night-006.jpg

omg, feels like 1987 all over again! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Ouch! I didn't know about such things at all back then)))))) I remember my first programming lessons in 1995. We wrote very simple programs in Basic.
I got a computer in 2002 and I remember playing Solitaire on it. I used to freak out when I failed😅😅😅😅😅

Last edited:
Ouch! I didn't know about such things at all back then)))))) I remember my first programming lessons in 1995. We wrote very simple programs in Basics. [...]
It's more the visual appearance that got me. The horrible green text on the black background. :eek:

That image at approx 20s / 21s looks just a little bit like a database record (albeit a very short one) and reminded me of when I was managing a database back in '87. Ugh! The interface back then was beyond gross, just like the one here. The IT bods were OK with it, us normal people didn't like it at all. All hail Apple for putting the user front and centre, as the Americans say.

It's more the visual appearance that got me. The horrible green text on the black background. :eek:

That image at approx 20s / 21s looks just a little bit like a database record (albeit a very short one) and reminded me of when I was managing a database back in '87. Ugh!
Database 😱 sounds complicated and intimidating!
The interface back then was beyond gross, just like the one here. The IT bods were OK with it, us normal people didn't like it at all. All hail Apple for putting the user front and centre, as the Americans say.
👍

Ooh, are you going to tell us?

In August of last year we talked about the Super Blue Moon and the moon in general, here in this thread. Learning about this phenomenon, I was looking forward to seeing it, but then came my back surgery on August 30th.

During that first night at the hospital - when August 30th turned into August 31st - I woke up shortly before midnight, and immediately remembered the moon! So I raised my head to look out of the window that had its curtains drawn. But there was a small gap, and the very bright and clear Super Blue Moon was peeking precisely through that "crack"!

I was stunned and very happy, but not supposed to move, let alone get up. Still managed grabbing my phone and capture the magic. I will never forget this. 💙

Superbluemoon10 - Kopie-30_08_23-2357 (2) (529x800).jpg Superbluemoon - Kopie-31_08_23-0002.jpg

In August of last year we talked about the Super Blue Moon and the moon in general, here in this thread. Learning about this phenomenon, I was looking forward to seeing it, but then came my back surgery on August 30th.

During that first night at the hospital - when August 30th turned into August 31st - I woke up shortly before midnight, and immediately remembered the moon! So I raised my head to look out of the window that had its curtains drawn. But there was a small gap, and the very bright and clear Super Blue Moon was peeking precisely through that "crack"!

I was stunned and very happy, but not supposed to move, let alone get up. Still managed grabbing my phone and capture the magic. I will never forget this. 💙

View attachment 3410 View attachment 3409
Oh, I do remember now! I remember the whole thing. Beautiful story. And the timing makes it so perfect. In the aftermath of major surgery, that you nevertheless had the unexpected opportunity to see the super Blue Moon is just so lovely. The gap in the curtains being just big enough for you to see the moon and photograph it. The fact of the sky being clear of clouds so you could see the moon. The whole thing is just magical. :)

And it looks great as your profile pic!

Last edited:
Oh, I do remember now! I remember the whole thing. Beautiful story. And the timing makes it so perfect. In the aftermath of major surgery, that you nevertheless had the unexpected opportunity to see the super Blue Moon is just so lovely. The gap in the curtains being just big enough for you to see the moon and photograph it. The fact of the sky being clear of clouds so you could see the moon. The whole thing is just magical. :)

And it looks great as your profile pic!
I just noticed, we have a full moon today as well. No clouds here!

Seems the moon is watching over us and this thread :love:

Back