The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

It's the discrepancy between the mouth movements and the dialogue. It just always looks so weird when it's been dubbed. I can't remember what your preference was but me? I'd go for subtitles any day.

EDIT - but it's lovely for me to hear so much German being spoken! :D

Well, as a kid I didn´t even realize the dubbing. And you get used to it very much. To the point you are shocked and sometimes disappointed to hear the original voice of your favourite actor lolol.

Synchronsprecher or (voice actor) is a real job here, and we have some people that are famous for being the German voice of big stars. Good Synchronsprecher dub/act several voices, usually.

It´s in German, though, so you maybe need to switch on .... well ... subtitles :LOL:

Last edited:
Well, as a kid I didn´t even realize the dubbing. And you get used to it very much. To the point you are shocked and sometimes disappointed to hear the original voice of your favourite actor lolol.

Synchronsprecher or (voice actor) is a real kob here, and we have some people that are famous for being the German voice of big stars. Good Synchronsprecher dub/act several voices, usually.

It´s in German, though, so you maybe need to switch on .... well ... subtitles :LOL:
I have a faint memory of dubbing in relation to Arnold Schwarzenegger being a hot topic some time in the 1990s. Do you know anything about this?

imo this is the worst solution
Why? At least someone reads the subtitles for you lmao. Honestly, I find this better than switching between reading and watching ... But it obviously all comes down to how you grew up watching televiosion/movies

Synchronsprecher or (voice actor) is a real kob here, and we have some people that are famous for being the German voice of big stars. Good Synchronsprecher dub/act several voices, usually.

I have a faint memory of dubbing in relation to Arnold Schwarzenegger being a hot topic some time in the 1990s. Do you know anything about this?
no

Bing Bang Theory Sheldon Cooper has a great condescending voice actor in German. I was disappointed to hear the original voice.

128799.jpg

Claude Monet, Setting Sun on the Seine

eaed5b42-7412-4a9f-904a-453a82c7cfcf.jpg

Joan Vizcarra, “Mickey & Minnie Mouse – The Happiest Couple”

Last edited:
Why? What did I do? 😲
You keep posting art works which are awesome but which I cannot cope with just now. Not the story I need right now, that's all. They are your posts and you're entitled to post whatever works for you. Obviously. I'm just in a different space right now.

You keep posting art works which are awesome but which I cannot cope with just now. Not the story I need right now, that's all. They are your posts and you're entitled to post whatever works for you. Obviously. I'm just in a different space right now.
Oh, I’m so sorry! I will change paintings. Sorry.

Oh, I’m so sorry! I will change paintings. Sorry.
You should always post whatever works for you. That's what I always do. Don't change your choices just bc I'm having a difficult day. I could always bugger off, after all. I did post a nice piccie of Michael on another thread so that was lovely.

Wow! Have you seen Hell Boy? Baba Yaga just entered!

“The sea is often called by names like this in Anglo-Saxon poetry: ‘whale’s home’, ‘gannet’s bath’, ‘seal’s track’, ‘swan-road’. All these phrases emphasise that the sea is a space which belongs to wild creatures, not to human beings; they have roads, settlements and homes there, where they form societies and networks hidden from human eyes.”
Eleanor Parker, Winters in the World: A Journey through the Anglo-Saxon Year

Back