The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

Tradkrypare_2-2.jpg

Certhia familiaris (trädkrypare)

I haven't read all of this but, apparently, on Saturn it rains diamonds. Jupiter, as well, same phenomenon. 😲

"With carbon being abundant in this gas giant, lightning storms turn methane into soot which as it falls hardens into chunks of graphite and then rare diamonds! These diamond “hailstones” eventually melt into a liquid sea in the planet’s hot cores. Measuring roughly a centimeter in size, these diamonds are so glorious even the most glamorous celebrities would have wanted a piece of this!

As studies show, natural diamonds though rare on earth, are more commonly encountered than one could imagine in our universe! Extraterrestrial diamonds not only appear on planets, but stars and meteorites as well.

In fact, the other gas giant, Jupiter is famed to be rather similar to Saturn in terms of diamonds hailing down. At the greatest depths of Jupiter’s atmosphere, the conditions are so extreme that the gems may actually form oceans of liquid diamond."

I haven't read all of this but, apparently, on Saturn it rains diamonds. Jupiter, as well, same phenomenon. 😲

"With carbon being abundant in this gas giant, lightning storms turn methane into soot which as it falls hardens into chunks of graphite and then rare diamonds! These diamond “hailstones” eventually melt into a liquid sea in the planet’s hot cores. Measuring roughly a centimeter in size, these diamonds are so glorious even the most glamorous celebrities would have wanted a piece of this!

As studies show, natural diamonds though rare on earth, are more commonly encountered than one could imagine in our universe! Extraterrestrial diamonds not only appear on planets, but stars and meteorites as well.

In fact, the other gas giant, Jupiter is famed to be rather similar to Saturn in terms of diamonds hailing down. At the greatest depths of Jupiter’s atmosphere, the conditions are so extreme that the gems may actually form oceans of liquid diamond."

I didn't even know such a thing existed. The article also says that there are planets made entirely of diamonds. Sounds fantastic 😯

I didn't even know such a thing existed. The article also says that there are planets made entirely of diamonds. Sounds fantastic 😯
My mind is still reeling. I saw a brief mention in one of the Sunday papers, it was in a book review. Googled to get a bit more info. There were several pieces online including a BBC thing. I guess it's real. It sounds so fantastic - as in, hardly believable. But it clearly is.

It's ... I mean, it's insane! 😲

My mind is still reeling. I saw a brief mention in one of the Sunday papers, it was in a book review. Googled to get a bit more info. There were several pieces online including a BBC thing. I guess it's real. It sounds so fantastic - as in, hardly believable. But it clearly is.

It's ... I mean, it's insane! 😲
It's interesting to come across such unexpected things. I think it just needs to be brought to life in some kind of movie, I'd watch it))))))

And off topic: has potato salad, version 2.0, been made? )))))))

I'm still obsessing over pumas (bc I'm re-reading a romantic novel and our heroine is into pumas. Of course she is!) I had forgotten they are not classed as 'big' cats. It's bc they don't roar.

"The mountain lion—also known as the cougar, puma, panther, or catamount—is a large cat species native to the Americas. Mountain lions are large, tan cats. Their bodies are mainly covered in tawny-beige fur, except for the whitish-gray belly and chest.

Unlike other large cats, they cannot roar. Instead they growl, shriek, hiss and purr, similar to house cats. Mountain lions are territorial and solitary."

"Big cats were originally classified as the main four listed above, but over the years this has changed. Cheetahs and cougars were left off the list because they don’t belong to the genus Panthera. Cheetahs are the only living species that belong to the genus Acinonyx, while cougars belong to the genus Puma. Both cats also lack a hyoid bone, setting them apart once again from the roaring big cats."

It's interesting to come across such unexpected things. I think it just needs to be brought to life in some kind of movie, I'd watch it))))))
Even I would and I not really into films.

And off topic: has potato salad, version 2.0, been made? )))))))
It has and it was lovely. I kept to the same recipe bc I wanted to check my quantities. Next time I'm adding the cucumber and adding in some kefir to bring in a bit of sharpness. I'm loving it so much. So quick, so easy, so filling.

SO COMFORTING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could definitely eat this thing every day, no problem.:D

Last edited:
My fave was St Therese of Lisieux.
Revisited, this bell has a really special sound. I couldn't pinpoint a special bell for me. I just like the bell ringing. I often hear it during church festivals. I've even stopped and watched to see if the church bells are moving or if it's a recorded sound)))).
And it was interesting that the big bells have names.

Revisited, this bell has a really special sound. I couldn't pinpoint a special bell for me. I just like the bell ringing. I often hear it during church festivals. I've even stopped and watched to see if the church bells are moving or if it's a recorded sound)))).
And it was interesting that the big bells have names.
I haven't checked but I'm pretty sure Great Paul is in St Paul's Cathedral, London. Great Peter, afaik, is in York Minster. Church bells and cathedral bells are wonderful.

Back