The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

Keith Richards

71FbBVcOlVL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

It definitely is a new language and we're seeing it evolve before our eyes. Which is interesting and kinda exciting. And yes to the idea that there are many benefits to using emojis but also that it does create (new) problems.

It's all so fascinating.
I agree, it's very fascinating. It's a strong non-verbal language. I wonder how far it can go?
I already find it hard to communicate without emoji, they complement words well. The main problems start when we try to completely replace words with emoji.

I agree, it's very fascinating. It's a strong non-verbal language. I wonder how far it can go?
I already find it hard to communicate without emoji, they complement words well.
I only use them here. I have no desire to use them in other spaces / other parts of my life. But I agree that they can work really well in complementing words. And the jolly, colourful, visual aspect, I really like that.

The main problems start when we try to completely replace words with emoji.
That would not be good. I don't want that.

How about 😅😆🤣😂? Aren’t they essentially one and the same?
I think I've written about this before......
😅 means a light exertion or effort that is combined with a good mood. For example, I spent a lot of energy looking for the right photo, but it didn't ruin my mood. Or I worry about whether everything is okay, but not too much, and I hope everything is okay.
😆 light laughter
😂 laughter until tears
🤣 very very very very very very very very funny is when we laugh with our whole body. For example, Michael used to do that a lot.
This is my interpretation, I could be wrong.

😅 means a light exertion or effort that is combined with a good mood. For example, I spent a lot of energy looking for the right photo, but it didn't ruin my mood. Or I worry about whether everything is okay, but not too much, and I hope everything is okay.
😆 light laughter
😂 laughter until tears
🤣 very very very very very very very very funny is when we laugh with our whole body. For example, Michael used to do that a lot.
I must have missed that post. This is really helpful. Brilliant explanation. Thank you! :D

I already find it hard to communicate without emoji, they complement words well. The main problems start when we try to completely replace words with emoji.
I don’t think we need to worry about that. It’s a far too clumsy system to be used other as an accompanying one.

How much you know about everything! It never ceases to amaze me. I mean it.
Well, that's very kind. I don't agree with you but not meaning that in a rude or horrible way. I think it's just coincidence that a number of things that I happen to be interested in crop up here. And I don't really know very much about Ansel Adams or the zone system. I happen to love b&w photography more than colour. I love landscapes. I love American landscapes. So that's how I know about Ansel Adams. It's what he was famous for. He developed (or popularised) the zone system which is all about the shades of grey you can see in a photo (really terrible, simplistic explanation :eek: ). It's not really to do with that, it's all about how you develop the photo but the end result is that you get so many shades of grey in the picture.

Also, I read a lot and have a mind like a flea. It jumps around all over the place. I don't have a science brain. Don't even ask me about that stuff! I think it must be fab to have a science brain or a maths brain bc it's another way to understand the world but I def don't have that. Sadly.

😆 light laughter
😂 laughter until tears
Yes, I remember you did this before. The first one is the hardest one for me to understand. Is it a nervous laugh?

It's kind of gloomy. Tunguska meteorite?
Yes, exactly. It’s an interesting event! I’m sure it’s hard to grasp the scale of it from photos alone. Have you been there?

Well, that's very kind. I don't agree with you but not meaning that in a rude or horrible way. I think it's just coincidence that a number of things that I happen to be interested in crop up here. And I don't really know very much about Ansel Adams or the zone system. I happen to love b&w photography more than colour. I love landscapes. I love American landscapes. So that's how I know about Ansel Adams. It's what he was famous for. He developed (or popularised) the zone system which is all about the shades of grey you can see in a photo (really terrible, simplistic explanation :eek: ). It's not really to do with that, it's all about how you develop the photo but the end result is that you get so many shades of grey in the picture.

Also, I read a lot and have a mind like a flea. It jumps around all over the place. I don't have a science brain. Don't even ask me about that stuff! I think it must be fab to have a science brain or a maths brain bc it's another way to understand the world but I def don't have that. Sadly.
Thank you for sharing what you know🙏
I admire this because I know about myself that this is not my forte))))

That is beautiful. I saw it and immediately thought 'Ansel Adams'. Zone system!

Anyway. Very, very beautiful.
That’s a name I need to acquaint myself with. I searched and was met with photos that indeed are quite similar to the Tunguska one. Interesting stuff, this Zone System.

I believe the above-posted Tunguska photo is taken by one Leonid Kulik. His team was the first on site; fairly close in time to the 1908 event, I’d say.

st6.jpg

Here’s another photo by Leonid Kulik. The event has been estimated to have decimated some 80 million trees!

I read "orange" and what did you write? 😯
Apelsin is the fruit that in English is named ‘orange,’ which in turn gave name to the colour. As for ‘apelsin,’ it literally means ‘apple from China.’

Back