The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

The Annunciation by Henry Ossawa Tanner

640px-The_Annunciation%2C_Philadelphia_Museum_of_Art%2C_W1899-1-1-pma%2C_by_Henry_Ossawa_Tanner.jpg

No, I was going to mix them. I love adding plain yoghurt to this type of thing and thought the kefir might work in place of the yoghurt and then thought, best not. The kefir will probably overwhelm the Hellman's and not in a good way. But I'd be up for using kefir instead of mayonnaise. It would be sharp and refreshing. Not so rich. It could work. The shop didn't have the kefir when I went back so it will have to wait for another day. Got the cucumber, though. And some fresh parsley. I'm ready to rock.

*googles Hellman’s*

Here’s an useful word for you: ‘tvesovla,’ when you put two toppings on the same sandwich.

That Simpsons image you posted? Meant nothing to me. I never watched them all that much, don't know who that guy is, don't know what msg I'm meant to pick up from this.

I'm still shocked that you don't know about belts and Michael.

That Simpsons image you posted? Meant nothing to me. I never watched them all that much, don't know who that guy is, don't know what msg I'm meant to pick up from this.

I'm still shocked that you don't know about belts and Michael.
It’s just meant to convey suspicion.

It’s not Simpsons, is it? Those guys are yellow.

I think I’ve heard whisperings about belts somewhere, now that you mention it. 🤔

Didn't work.

Every character in The Simpsons has the overbite. I assumed it was a character from there bc the art style is exactly the same and I think the peeps who are not in the Simpsons family are not yellow - but, like I said, I never watched that many episodes. I got bored quite quickly.

I think I’ve heard whisperings about belts somewhere, now that you mention it. 🤔
Whisperings isn't quite the word I would have used but ... fine! :D

Looks like they are yellow! My bad (although idc, obvs!)

EDIT - who / what else has Matt Groening drawn? That has to be his work, right? That one you posted? 🤔

No, I was going to mix them. I love adding plain yoghurt to this type of thing and thought the kefir might work in place of the yoghurt and then thought, best not. The kefir will probably overwhelm the Hellman's and not in a good way. But I'd be up for using kefir instead of mayonnaise. It would be sharp and refreshing. Not so rich. It could work. The shop didn't have the kefir when I went back so it will have to wait for another day. Got the cucumber, though. And some fresh parsley. I'm ready to rock.

I made this and tasted it ))) it was without the cucumbers and capers. It turned out to have a delicate flavor. I liked it. I think your kefir idea makes sense, the spiciness could use some spice. Next time I'll add capers or cucumbers, I wonder how that will affect the flavor🤔🤔🤔🤔
Good luck with getting kefir tomorrow😀😀😀😀

Looks like they are yellow! My bad (although idc, obvs!)

EDIT - who / what else has Matt Groening drawn? That has to be his work, right? That one you posted? 🤔
I’m certainly no expert, either.

Edit: As I said, I just use it to convey general suspicion, much the same way as I would use 🤔.

Last edited:
_120364716_13efa5e0-90a6-4f69-a7fb-7df6d3e027ca.jpg

Gracupica contra (pied starling)

Last edited:
_120364727_bf53814a-698e-4d75-94bd-a6793a71b34a.jpg.webp

Columba livia f. domestica (tamduva) (BBC has it erroneously noted as Columba palumbus, woodpidgeon!)

Just stumbled upon a stuffed frog tagged “Wendy”!

mike-tyson-laughing-hysterically-uh0bzno7lqqvgh1v.gif

I use 🤔 to mean "thoughtful" No suspicion))))) And suspicious is 🧐 to me.
That’s really interesting!

I use 🧐 along with pedantic remarks.

🤔 = I have to ponder this for a while. It could be, that I’m using it also in the way you describe.

That’s really interesting!

I use 🧐 along with pedantic remarks.

🤔 = I have to ponder this for a while. It could be, that I’m using it also in the way you describe.
I think your 🧐 is also a good fit.
I've never used that. And I just picked🧐 as something that looks like suspicion to me.
I wonder 🤨 can mean suspicion?

Back