The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

Aha, so those usual—red back, light front—are called indicator lights?
No. The white light at the front is your headlight. The red reflector at the back is a hazard light. I think. 🤔

Hazard light? Safety light? Hm, I'm not sure but it's not an indicator light.

Because what, they’re indicating what’s front and back?
No, the indicator lights are to show other road users you are going to turn left or right. But on a pushbike you'd use your arms and hands for that. The front and back lights are to make you visible to other road users so they are for safety.

Btw, I haven't ridden a bike since I was a kid but I'd be surprised if this stuff has changed. It's pretty basic.

No. The white light at the front is your headlight. The red reflector at the back is a hazard light. I think. 🤔

Hazard light? Safety light? Hm, I'm not sure but it's not an indicator light.

No, the indicator lights are to show other road users you are going to turn left or right. But on a pushbike you'd use your arms and hands for that. The front and back lights are to make you visible to other road users so they are for safety.

Btw, I haven't ridden a bike since I was a kid but I'd be surprised if this stuff has changed. It's pretty basic.
Fram- and baklykta in Swedish. Yes. Now I get it. Yet still perplexed by those things on Michael’s bikes.

New Year’s Eve 2023… is that December 31, or January 1? 🤔

MV5BNjYxZGM3NWEtNWM1MS00MDAxLTkyNjItNGVhOGQyMDA1OTgyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjIzMTQ5NjE@._V1_.jpg

Michael on a German bike in a German garden (I think this is from the "Anton video") :love:
This is so irritating, he seems so close in this pic lol :cry:

Hark! the herald-angels sing / descant by Sir David Willcocks / BBC Carols from King's College, Cambridge / 2021

3m 4s

Divine!

As a choir singer, I REALLY appreciate the designated choir area. They have their own lighting, every one! This alone is gold.
The whole setup, facing each other with the conductor among the singers rather than fronting them ... The very narrow and high sonic space of the church ...

Similar in appearance to a pie with sour apples, we call it a charlotte. We should look up its history)))) I love this pie. It is often baked in the fall when the apple crop is harvested.

I think that cake has a universal language :D There are some recipies that appear in so many different culture, all different varieties but basically the same.

Apple cake seems to be one of those feel good recipies that every one of us has a recipe for, from their mom or grandma. Love it!

It's really magical. I can imagine listening to it live. For example, when a choir sings in an Orthodox church, I often cry. It's also very beautiful.
I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I love the arrangements / descants that David Willcocks did. It's so nice that they are still used all these years later.

I have only been to one Russian Orthodox service, at the Cathedral in Hyde Park, many years ago. I used to listen to lots of Orthodox sacred choral music and also Armenian sacred music on Radio 3. We were there for 90 minutes, had to leave (we were hungry!) and the service was clearly nowhere near finished. That said, it was beautiful and the choir blew my mind. The singing was very different to Western sacred choral music. They were up in the balcony and you couldn't see them so there was this heavenly sound floating down and surrounding us. It was astonishing, unearthly, exquisite.

Back