The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

@bluemoon7 - this is for you

King's College Choir
Vivaldi / Gloria in D / R.589 / Qui Tollis
1m 12s

I humbly say, we have sung this mass as well in the past, but ..... but this makes me Salieri in the Mozart movie lol😭😭😭

OHHHH! ZAAAADOK THE PRIIIIIIIEEEEST!!!!!!!!:love::love::love: is on this compilation as well lol

If I ever get to visit England again, I will dedinitely go and listen to it!
I'll keep my fingers crossed. James O'Donnell (who is Catholic) was the choir master at Westminster Abbey when I used to go there but he's left now and gone to America. Sob! :cry:

Andrew Nethsingha took over from him. Now, he's very good. He was the choir master at St John's College, Cambridge. Some people rate them second, after King's College. Personally, I'd put them in first place. But, anyway, Andrew knows his stuff.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Janet Baker was one of my faves.

Here she is with the King's College Choir conducted by the legendary David Willcocks.

Vivaldi / Gloria in D / R.589 / Domine Deus, Agnus Dei
3m 25s

Janet Baker was one of my faves.

Here she is with the King's College Choir conducted by the legendary David Willcocks.

Vivaldi / Gloria in D / R.589 / Domine Deus, Agnus Dei
3m 25s

His name rings a bell ... is he also a composer? I ttthhhhhhhink we might have done one of his arrangements? :unsure:

I love love gorgeous Alto voices!!!!!!!

I humbly say, we have sung this mass as well in the past, but ..... but this makes me Salieri in the Mozart movie lol😭😭😭

OHHHH! ZAAAADOK THE PRIIIIIIIEEEEST!!!!!!!!:love::love::love: is on this compilation as well lol
It's a really good CD. It's all from David Willcocks' time as choirmaster at King's College. It's got the famous 1963 Miserere on it with Roy Goodman, exquisite as the treble soloist. 😲

Wonderful Regula Mühlemann sings BOTH parts here, alto and soprano!!!! I mean, you hear that soprano is her "home", but this is so so hard to do on this level!!!!

His name rings a bell ... is he also a composer? I ttthhhhhhhink we might have done one of his arrangements? :unsure:

I'm pretty sure you'll have done something involving David Willcocks. He was the choir master at King's College, Cambridge. He worked with the Bach Choir for years. He did some really famous descants / arrangements for Christmas carols. He was a composer, as well.

He was ace! Here he is in his Cambridge days.

licensed-image

Alto voices are my faves. Not meaning to be horrible! Soprano voices can be magical but alto is where my heart lies. I can't sing but, if I did, my voice would be quite low, I do know that. So I sometimes wonder if that's why I lean towards alto voices in preference to higher stuff. Just an idle theory!

Alto voices are my faves. Not meaning to be horrible! Soprano voices can be magical but alto is where my heart lies. I can't sing but, if I did, my voice would be quite low, I do know that. So I sometimes wonder if that's why I lean towards alto voices in preference to higher stuff. Just an idle theory!

Interesting ... I really only love sopranos that have a very full timbre, and, admittedly, I do not like opera singing very much in general, ouch!:LOL:
Sacred music, anytime, but opera not so much.

Back