The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

t600x362.jpg

are you a fan of them?
Not exactly. I don't really do football. I dip in and out (mostly out, lol). I'll sometimes watch the Euros or the World Cup. I used to watch bits of Match of the Day (are you in the UK? I can't remember. Anyway, British football programme) just for the goals but can't even be bothered to do that now.

All of that said, 2 reasons why I sometimes post Arsenal stuff. One is Agonum and wendi are both into GnR - 🤮 - apparently, that makes them 'gunners'. But, for me, that word is associated only with Arsenal. I guess bc I heard it there first? Any time either of them starts rapping about being a 'gunner' my brain does the word association thing.

Also, even though football is not my thing there did used to be footballers that I really liked and most of them played for Arsenal. If I was going to be a football fan I think Arsenal would probably be my team. Patrick Vieira. Freddie. Ian Wright. Thierry Henry. Ashley Cole. There's loads but also loads of non-Arsenal peeps over the years that I've liked. Patrick Kluivert at Ajax. Paul Pogba and Antoine Griezeman playing for France. Seeing Mbappe for the first time. Football is kinda crap (disgusting behaviour, aggression towards referees) but it can be fabulous.

Long answer. Sorry! You did ask, lol.

EDIT - no, I don't think Arsenal would be my team. I was into them (sort of) in the Arsene Wenger glory days. Arteta? Not so interested.

I have a soft spot for West Ham! :D

Back