The Innocent Man by MJ - Handwritten Lyrics up for auction

Michael.....

You radiate innocence and pureness like no other I knew....

God knows and we know that your heart is true...

Love you... :cry:

After going through the hell he went through, I am so glad that he lived to see over 800,000 tickets to his shows sell out in a few hours. If he doubted whether or not the world loved him and knew he was innocent; that was undeniable proof. This song just tears me apart.

Oh Michael :huggy: :heart:
I love you so much..
Those lyrics.. wow.

Should we discuss them a little more? I'm a bit confused by the use of the place names? What significance do they have?
Well, Acapulco and Cancun are in Mexico (common tourist destinations for Americans). Also common is the idea of making a 'run for the border' to try to escape the law. Someone may try to flee to Mexico to hide there or avoid a trial or capture. Really common thing in movies, trying to get to the Mexican border with the police in pursuit. As for Cairo, not sure, but it's certainly a long way away from California. That's my take, anyway.

When I first read these lyrics, well, someone else here said what I did.... :: oh michael:: It's really heartbreaking, isn't it? Man, why oh why oh why.... :cry:

:( :( :(

What have we done to the world?? - Look what we've done.

I used to dream, I used to glance beyond the stars - Now I don't know where we are, all though I know, we drifted far!!

oh my...poor Michael...he was so sad....but you can also tell he was angry too......the shit that poo rman put up with it is just so heartbreaking....especially to see it in his own handwriting.

Really heartbreaking...

At least there is a little comfort in knowing that he was still here to witness just how fast the world bought up tickets for his O2 concerts, just how much he was still loved around the globe in the end. But, how sad are those lyrics. "'Michael, on behalf of mankind, we are sorry." :(

Really heartbreaking...

At least there is a little comfort in knowing that he was still here to witness just how fast the world bought up tickets for his O2 concerts, just how much he was still loved around the globe in the end. But, how sad are those lyrics. "'Michael, on behalf of mankind, we are sorry." :(

Yeah, really we are.

Heal the World

This is heartbreaking...i'm sorry Michael...I wish I could give you a big hug.. :cry: :cry:

Exactly - there is now a new law that the US can extradite from Mexico, but not Egypt.

Well, Acapulco and Cancun are in Mexico (common tourist destinations for Americans). Also common is the idea of making a 'run for the border' to try to escape the law. Someone may try to flee to Mexico to hide there or avoid a trial or capture. Really common thing in movies, trying to get to the Mexican border with the police in pursuit. As for Cairo, not sure, but it's certainly a long way away from California. That's my take, anyway.

When I first read these lyrics, well, someone else here said what I did.... :: oh michael:: It's really heartbreaking, isn't it? Man, why oh why oh why.... :cry:

Yeah and click before that and you'll get handwritten lyrics to "D.S." with it's proper title: "T.S."...

ImageGen.ashx

Uhm... So one of these two are fake then?! (Or maybe there's two)

This one is up on auction by Julien's

michael-jackson-handwritten-ts-lyrics.jpg

So I'm presuming these lyrics were written in the fear that he would be wrongly proven guilty by the jury? Or was it a fear of the trial, and Michael fleeing from everything because he just couldn't deal with it? Sorry for the questions I just want some clarification or discussion about it!

So I'm presuming these lyrics were written in the fear that he would be wrongly proven guilty by the jury? Or was it a fear of the trial, and Michael fleeing from everything because he just couldn't deal with it? Sorry for the questions I just want some clarification or discussion about it!

I don't know for sure. But I don't think it was about fearing the trial because he was very determined to prove his innocence and he was really strong through the trial. It must have been so difficult to sit through all of that with your freedom and reputation and so much else on the line.

I would guess it was about being found guilty and what would he do then? Knowing he was innocent. What a heart wrenching question. If I was convictied of something I did not do, I think I would do whatever I could to get the heck out of Dodge, if you know what I mean.'But for Michael, I don't think there would be any place he go where he would be left alone. Ughh. This is awful.

I don't know for sure. But I don't think it was about fearing the trial because he was very determined to prove his innocence and he was really strong through the trial. It must have been so difficult to sit through all of that with your freedom and reputation and so much else on the line.

I would guess it was about being found guilty and what would he do then? Knowing he was innocent. What a heart wrenching question. If I was convictied of something I did not do, I think I would do whatever I could to get the heck out of Dodge, if you know what I mean.'But for Michael, I don't think there would be any place he go where he would be left alone. Ughh. This is awful.

Is just terrible :( Poor Mikey. I'm so glad though that the truth prevailed in the end :) That we can be thankful for.

I'd say that anyone in that type of situation would have to feel like running away at some point. Even if you realized you shouldn't and can't, you'd still think about it or toy with the fantasy of how you'd do it, where you'd go, what the consequences would be (being a hunted fugitive with everyone believing you're guilty). How seriously he ever considered something like that we'll probably never know, but he must have thought of it. I know I would. And people write songs about such thoughts.

Really heartbreaking...

I second everything you said TCSM. That trial really did break him though, both those incidences did:(

That's alot of sh*t for one person to deal with..Dang, Big Mike.

Heartbreaking to read those lyrics. What a hell and torture this must have been for him, being wrongly accused of something he didn't do.
Oh Michael, wish I could give you a big hug! All your fans love you so much! To the moon and back!

The%20Innocent%20Man.jpeg

MICHAEL JACKSONThe Innocent Man, 2005
A single page of lyrics entitled ‘The Innocent Man’, the 13 lines for the chorus written in pencil beginning: ‘If I sail to Acapulco’, and ending: ‘And only God knew I was innocent now’. 28 x 21.5 cm. (11 x 8 1/2 in). These lyrics were apparently written during Michael Jackson’s child abuse trial in 2005.

ESTIMATE £8,000-12,000
PROVENANCE Private collection, United States

http://www.phillipsdepury.com/auctions/lot-detail.aspx?sn=UK000309&search=&p=5&order=&lotnum=52

If I sail to Acapulco or Cancun Mexico
There the law is waiting for me
and God knows that I'm innocent

If they wont take me in Cairo
then lord where will I go?

I’ll die a man without a country
and only God knew I was innocent now.

Jeez that is so... heart wrenching... :cry:
Every time I think life is hard, all I have to do is think about what this man went through... seriously, it is beyond unfair.

heartbreaking!
i cant imagine going through that hell... michael always seemed so strong, but inside i know he must've been dying :(

we need the truth, we need justice for michael.
why do people keep ignoring the fact that he was proven innocent? i dont get it.

Back