The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

I actually like that HT mix. I think it's clearly just a rough idea but it's cool.

I always wondered what Michael wanted 'Hollywood Tonight' to sound btw; because although he used the Hall & Oates/Billie Jean bassline for the demo, the theme of the song makes me believe that the final outcome was supposed to be less 'poppy' and more intense; something in the vein of 'Dangerous', Who Is It, GOAL etc.

I always wondered what Michael wanted 'Hollywood Tonight' to sound btw; because although he used the Hall & Oates/Billie Jean bassline for the demo, the theme of the song makes me believe that the final outcome was supposed to be less 'poppy' and more intense; something in the vein of 'Dangerous', Who Is It, GOAL etc.
I think he wanted to turn the track into a Rock song seeing how he added a guitar part in 2008. The 2008 version even has a guitar solo on the bridge so it's safe to say the Neff-U mix is closer to what MJ would've wanted.

Last edited:
I think he wanted to turn the track into a Rock song seeing how he added a guitar part in 2008. The 2008 version even has a guitar solo on the bridge so it's safe to say the Neff-U mix is closer to what MJ would've wanted.
Ah a rock song, yes that would also make a bit more sense in relation to the theme than the version that was released

I think im more upset about the quality, than the content of the song
Yeah, I like what he did with it if it's real. I just don't really understand why it sounds so lq, even if he filtered it a bit it wouldn't sound this bad.

Maybe it's just the file that has leaked that sounds really bad?

This is untrue. GOAL was played once at Kingvention and never again. You can't have heard it, since the original sessions are residing with the Estate, Michael Prince, Brad Buxer and me. There is a CD with two mixes. But it has never leaked and never will.
Oh yea like a random person that's seen as the laughing stock of this thread just so happens to have GOAL just because he wore a MJJC shirt to a forum, congrats...

this mix seems to be real:

Speaking of GOAL, how did it leak? Did Brad play it at a seminar?

Also i've read that there's rumors that og TYLA is in tight circulation with collectors, is this true?
Theron Feemster held a seminar back in 2013(?) and played the song then, I don’t think GOAL has been played in a seminar since then.

All I’ve heard is that the 2010 mix was the one currently in circulation, it’s possible someone could have the original version, but Imo the odds of it leaking are slim to none.

this mix seems to be real:
I've been trying to decipher the lyrics because the ones posted seem incorrect.

Can anyone else hear, " I was young and practical, I got no need to rob a liquor store"

Still not sure about 4 of the lines. The theme of the song reminds me of "18 and Life".

Look. Whether firmware is lying or not, One thing is clear. The Neff-U Mix is absolute garbage. The vocals are unbearably LQ.
The file has been distorted and compressed to some extent, which is partly why it sounds off. Overall, it’s a mediocre remix that doesn’t match the production and quality of the original.

Theron Feemster held a seminar back in 2013(?) and played the song then, I don’t think GOAL has been played in a seminar since then.

All I’ve heard is that the 2010 mix was the one currently in circulation, it’s possible someone could have the original version, but Imo the odds of it leaking are slim to none.
Wasn’t it Thom Russo?

The file has been distorted and compressed to some extent, which is partly why it sounds off. Overall, it’s a mediocre remix that doesn’t match the production and quality of the original.
Yeah that plus all the instruments stacked on top and the fact that Neff-U pitched the song down

Back