The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Its real, its just they used several filters and such to try and pull the vocal out, to little success.
I’m not convinced though because an alternate source wouldn’t have the hollow sound the seminar does. It’s not only on the vocals, it’s on most of the backing track as well. You hear it in the keys and the drums.

Is the enhanced seminar recording better, right? Crazy..

Spectral analysis thru ocenaudio is a little too similar for my taste, even for mp3 files they look almost exactly the same.

An alternate source for the song would look much different in comparison.

MEVJSVZ_o.png

MEVJSW1_o.png

If this is authentic, Neff-U did as good of a job as he probably could have. I still think the song is painfully average, but I love the small embellishments. It goes to show that Neff-U is one of the best producers to ever work on an unreleased MJ project—he just understood how to do it right in ways other producers didn’t.

That said, I still don’t believe that this is real. It sounds like a VERY high-quality seminar recording with overdubs. I can think of a single MJ rough mix that sounds this bad. The estate has released some bad quality mixes in their day, but if this is truly all they had to work with for this song, I’m not at all surprised that it hasn’t come out yet.
So the ranking goes like this:

1. Neff-U
2. John McClain
3. Teddy Riley (bro tried his hardest to salvage the Cascio tracks, let's give him some respect)
4. Mark Ronson
5. Darkchild
6. all the Xscape producers
7. literal fucking dogshit
8. Eddie Cascio and John Porte

Last edited:
If this is actually real then it's pretty obvious why it didn't make the Michael album. This mix is HORRIBLE.
Neff U played the demo tape he had out of his speakers, recorded that with a lq mic and then used the recording as the foundation of his mix.

Imo the remix isn't as bad as people said it would be—though it's not anything to write home about either and you can tell from the get-go why it didn't make it to the Michael album, I still kind of like it. The new strings are very catchy, especially towards the end of the song and at the part where MJ sings "da da da".

Though I'm probably just saying this because of novelty bias, after the hype goes away I don't think I'd listen to this instead of the 1988 demo. At the end of the day it's still a downgrade from the original lol.

Last edited:
The vocals to the authentic one should contain lines like, " Sally, don't let the devil get you"

They differ from the leaked recording if it's the vocal take I'm thinking of.
Shouldn't there have been additional lyrics? This user had mentioned some, I remember reading about them elsewhere too iirc, from what source do they come?

I am telling since months that the Neff-u mix will be a big disappointment.. no one wanted to believe it. Now you see… I didn’t believe it’s real when I first heard it.

Back