The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Crazy thing is with AI you could take MJs home demoes and essentially complete them with barely any effort. Not the vocals, the instrumentals.

I would have to side with George too, if it hadn't been for the many accounts on Michael's crippling social anxiety at the time; apparantly there were moments he couldn't even look people straight in the eye and didn't know what to say, and this only got a bit better later on
If he had said something, that'd be scrutinized too probably.

Crazy thing is with AI you could take MJs home demoes and essentially complete them with barely any effort. Not the vocals, the instrumentals.
Yeah AI has been getting surprisingly good with instrumentals lately. Just the other day there was a Jukebox-extended 2000 Watts that ended in a very characteristic (for Invincible) breakdown. It sounded more like a Rodney Jerkins cut, but it still fit well.

I have mixed feelings regarding AI and music. Definitely wouldn't want any vocals touched. What I would love to see is more of what Steve Porcaro did with "Chicago 1945" - the original collaborator(s) adding overdubs at their discretion. Maybe they'd be released as "reimaginings" or "reinterpretations", but I would be interested, nonetheless.

I have mixed feelings regarding AI and music. Definitely wouldn't want any vocals touched. What I would love to see is more of what Steve Porcaro did with "Chicago 1945" - the original collaborator(s) adding overdubs at their discretion. Maybe they'd be released as "reimaginings" or "reinterpretations", but I would be interested, nonetheless.
Yes, exactly my point.

AI would be good for remastering home demos. Don't really see why we'd want the instrumentals replaced, wouldn't be something MJ made then and would negate the whole point of listening to a home demo.
It isn't even about a want. It's just a prediction of the music making process.

I mean vocals are already being "touched" by autotune & melodyne, with both being ais of sorts. I'd love to hear an MJ song that could do with harmonies having them being added through the use of AI

I mean vocals are already being "touched" by autotune & melodyne, with both being ais of sorts. I'd love to hear an MJ song that could do with harmonies having them being added through the use of AI
Fair point on autotune and the like. My personal beef would be with attempts to create tracks where the vocals didn't exist, to begin with. For example, a producer using lyrics of an unrecorded song, feeding it into AI, and then attempting to pass it off as an original, legitimate vocal take that MJ approved. I'd rather hear the vocal as it was when MJ actually recorded it - even if it's finger snaps and mumbles.

If it's a fanmade track and the intent is for pure entertainment, I can live with it, I suppose. But if/when it starts getting labeled an actual MJ tune is where I draw the line. I don't like the idea of the Estate possibly using AI to make the vault bottomless.

Last edited:
AI supporters really do just want everything you could get a human to do to be done with AI for no reason lol.

I love how no matter how much you emphasize not using AI for vocals, people still take the time to yap on about how they hate AI vocals. And that part in general. Like? Are we that bored?

And as far as the instrumentals, if they're gonna take a 40 year old song and turn it into a pop ditty anyway (Paul Anka, John McClain), then what's the difference with letting chatgpt make the music. There's nothing soulful about this process anyway.

The Anniversary approach is totally separate to the "contemporizations" the Estate has valued in the past.

But then again, at this rate we're about done with music, and MJ is only a podcast analysis subject anyway. Quibble about the nothing we're getting anyway.

Last edited:
Also, what is going on with this Hot Street leak? I’m confused did another version of the song leak?

Also, idk if this has been talked about but if Streetwalker was included in Bad, what would have the single been like in charts and would have it released the same day as APOM did irl? And would there have been a short film? The song is somewhat similar to TWYMMF so I don’t know how they would’ve done it. Maybe a Wild West/Southern setting going off the vibes of Swedien/Jones’ version?

Also, idk if this has been talked about but if Streetwalker was included in Bad, what would have the single been like in charts and would have it released the same day as APOM did irl? And would there have been a short film? The song is somewhat similar to TWYMMF so I don’t know how they would’ve done it. Maybe a Wild West/Southern setting going off the vibes of Swedien/Jones’ version?
Streetwalker replacing "Another Part of Me" (APOM) unlikely to chart as well (Streetwalker's vibe less mainstream).
Same release date unlikely due to album flow considerations. Short film? Maybe, but "TWYMMF" comparison makes it a toss-up. Wild West theme a possibility.

I love how no matter how you much not using AI for vocals, people still take the time to yap on about how they hate AI vocals. And that part in general. Like? Are we that bored?

And as far as the instrumentals, if they're gonna take a 40 year old song and turn it into a pop ditty anyway (Paul Anka, John McClain), then what's the difference with letting chatgpt make the music. There's nothing soulful about this process anyway.

The Anniversary approach is totally separate to the "contemporizations" the Estate has valued in the past.

But then again, at this rate we're bout done with music, and MJ is only a podcast analysis subject anyway. Quibble about the nothing we're getting anyway.
Please stop bringing up topics you allegedly don't even want to happen if you don't want people to start to discuss them

Last edited:
If Streetwalker made the album, I don't think it would've been a single because it sounds too similar to TWYMMF. I feel they did the right thing excluding it from the final list but out of the unreleased songs, I think Cheater and Fly Away would've complimented the album best

Smooth Criminal's original concept was a Wild West theme

I love how no matter how you much not using AI for vocals, people still take the time to yap on about how they hate AI vocals. And that part in general. Like? Are we that bored?
To be fair, this thread does get dry on posts some days. As far as what I posted, I just felt like putting my take out there, since it was brought up. No one is obligated to agree with me. Only trying to contribute here.

If Streetwalker made the album, I don't think it would've been a single because it sounds too similar to TWYMMF. I feel they did the right thing excluding it from the final list but out of the unreleased songs, I think Cheater and Fly Away would've complimented the album best

Smooth Criminal's original concept was a Wild West theme
From everything I've read, it would seem like Make or Break was the one that should've been finished and made the album. Over Just Good Friends.

Back