The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

I never thought about what Bruce might have.....I need to get in touch with Mrs Bea lol
I don't remember well, it was either Buxer or Bottrell who said Bruce had always a 2 track reel and/or DAT machine running and making additional recordings for his own archive.

Shortly after MJs passing Bruce was interviewed at his home in Ocala. At one point you could see shelves with reels. (I think he showed a reel from early 1982 demo sessions)

I don't remember well, it was either Buxer or Bottrell who said Bruce had always a 2 track reel and/or DAT machine running and making additional recordings for his own archive.

Shortly after MJs passing Bruce was interviewed at his home in Ocala. At one point you could see shelves with reels. (I think he showed a reel from early 1982 demo sessions)
Got a link to that video?

I don’t know. Possibly. I know MP has it as he played it. Could’ve been hiding on a random hard drive that wasn’t found until after the Michael album came out. Who knows
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought a LQ seminar recording of this HT mix had leaked a couple years back. I can’t find it on YouTube anymore, but I remember the killer guitar solo.

I know that Quincy has the Vincent price session footage. It was shown very quickly in his docu and pyt played. The clothes match up with the session photos the estate put out for thriller 40 booklet.
I guess I have saw that but I only watched it one time. I need to find it again

This is another aside - my apologies - but I wondered about the Janet Velvet Rope interlude called 'Speaker Phone' in which Janet talks to Lisa Marie over the phone.

I've read people say that Michael is doing the low harmony of the opening "I get so lonely", and considering Lisa Marie's involvement, I don't think it's unlikely. To me, the most apparent that Michael sounds is the "lonely" phrasing (listen with headphones). Or maybe it's just Janet singing in a low register.
i checked it through isolation, its janet sadly.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought a LQ seminar recording of this HT mix had leaked a couple years back. I can’t find it on YouTube anymore, but I remember the killer guitar solo.
Please send me a copy if you find it. I would love to hear it again. It wasn’t just a guitar solo. Rhythm guitar throughout the track and a guitar solo in the bridge, apparently there was added adlibs but I don’t recall hearing it. Btw I went back to an interview about HT MP gave back during Covid, he mentioned that when they recorded guitar up at the carolwood house they wanted a guy with a “David Williams feel” so I’m not sure if it was actually David Williams on it or another person. Either way, totally elevates the song.

861035-2831196315571-1183161066-o.jpg

There was a demo cd in early 1991 that listed 10 songs [RTT and KTF weren't included]. The additional 4 songs, including RTT and KTF were more than likely added during or after Summer 1991.

Brad didn't recall a swap out but it wasn't a swap out, it was an addition. - I don't recall anything like that article states, sorry. The three teams worked on their songs until Sandy Gallin almost had a coronary. He would keep pushing Bruce and Michael to get it done, and they finally did. I don't recall a four-song changeout.

where the heck did this come from? Did someone finally start posting more pics from that "HIStory basket" auction?
Michael playing "rejects" for the record execs and since they loved the songs, it turned Dangerous from a 10 track LP to a 14 track.

14884532-10202256904060551-4211624829489998039-o.jpg
Never knew that Dangerous was originally meant to follow the lead of OTW-Bad at first. What was the demo CD's tracklisting?

Michael playing "rejects" for the record execs and since they loved the songs, it turned Dangerous from a 10 track LP to a 14 track.

August 1991 if I recall correctly
August seems logical. My theory: MJ has presented the execs the very same 14 track album as it's been compiled in the leaked Sundberg video. In addition four "outtakes" -Give In To Me / Keep The Faith / Monkey Business / Earth Song- were presented.

The editor might got confused and thought all four new tracks made the album?

I just had a thought. Knowing that BB & MP played alot of unreleased tracks at the making history with MJ, the HT version was probably played aswell. So that leak is potentially real.
Sadly, I can’t find it on YouTube. Nonetheless, it was a very LQ recording. I remember it leaking around the same time as the full LQ recording of Man In Black.

Teddy was already on board in 1990 and according to him, he already had the hook and chorus written when he presented it to Michael. Michael wrote the verses and Teddy revised them.
"I had the hook and I knew where it was going. I had this wild relationship at the time. The chorus and the hook is based exactly on how that relationship went down. So I brought that with me. I knew it was special."
How true is this? Dave Way (one of Teddy’s engineers) said that they didn’t arrive in LA until early 1991. There doesn’t seem to be a consistent timeline for Teddy’s arrival as everyone says something different.

How true is this? Dave Way (one of Teddy’s engineers) said that they didn’t arrive in LA until early 1991. There doesn’t seem to be a consistent timeline for Teddy’s arrival as everyone says something different.
I'll double check but I'm sure Teddy said he packed up in 1990 to meet with Michael.

Back