The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

The interview, right? Did he also sing the chorus for Best Of Joy / The Toy ?
(also Michael is so happy and cheerful here I just love it!! cuteness overload ! ) 😄😊💗
I’ve never seen this in full and I usually skim through it because the sound of the waterfall in the background is distracting but I don’t think he sings The Toy in here, just this little tune he wrote.

Would’ve been a better interview if he wasn’t in front of that waterfall. Wish they would’ve asked him more about music and his projects at the time
Yea, can't argue that. It is distracting. It's a shame that his artistry was largely ignored in favor of shallow, narrow-minded questions. Who knows what we could've learned if they hadn't been so obsessed with his color, his nose, or any of the other nonsense.

Yea, can't argue that. It is distracting. It's a shame that his artistry was largely ignored in favor of shallow, narrow-minded questions. Who knows what we could've learned if they hadn't been so obsessed with his color, his nose, or any of the other nonsense.
They could’ve asked more about Thriller and the recording process. He could’ve talked about Victory a little. So much potential but with it being 1983, I don’t think anyone thought to dig deeper

They could’ve asked more about Thriller and the recording process. He could’ve talked about Victory a little. So much potential but with it being 1983, I don’t think anyone thought to dig deeper
I agree, but also safe to say he had proven himself a game-changing artist, having been performing his entire life, and not to mention the unbelieveable sales of Thriller. There was plenty for them to dig into, artist-wise.

When it comes to lack of depth in questions - some it could've been the amazement of his star status, others it was more nefarious. But I feel there were so many missed opportunities.

I agree, but also safe to say he had proven himself a game-changing artist, having been performing his entire life, and not to mention the unbelieveable sales of Thriller. There was plenty for them to dig into, artist-wise.

When it comes to lack of depth in questions - some it could've been the amazement of his star status, others it was more nefarious. But I feel there were so many missed opportunities.
They don't seem to appreciate many artists processes. They only care about studying dead old dudes in a classroom somewhere when the genre is "historical", i.e, dead and uncontroversial.

Apparently there is a "Pajamas" snippet online that kinda sounds legit in terms of production. We should ask Damien if it's the real thing.

As in just leaked ?

Edit: Think I found it. Two separate snippets over nine seconds. Sounds more legit than most. Confirmation would be great, though. I just sent it to Damien.

It's fake, I recognize that song and it's a fan-made. I think it used to be on this channel but my memory is a bit vague. https://www.youtube.com/@TAHMJ/videos

All of a sudden these three vans drive up and next thing you know, what the—there’s the Seven Dwarfs-- you know like you would see at Disneyland--are getting out of the van. And they frolic into his house. At that time I’m going, “This is too wild.” The water fountain that’s in front of his house is actually his wishing well, so they all went out there and they were doing their little, you know, wish. Michael always said, you know, “Capture the Magic”, so I was capturing the magic on film. - Steven Howell

Going back to the unauthorized 1983 interview, Michael spent 1983 and 1984 with Buz Kohan creating music for Steven Spielbergs scrapped Peter Pan movie. Neverland Landing, Make a Wish, I'm Peter Pan and Happy Song are 4 songs worked on for that project

Has anyone contacted Buz?

Apparently there is a "Pajamas" snippet online that kinda sounds legit in terms of production. We should ask Damien if it's the real thing.
Oh, c'mon! Seriously?

results.png

Would’ve been a better interview if he wasn’t in front of that waterfall. Wish they would’ve asked him more about music and his projects at the time
It's a strange interview. He mentions BJ and Beat It so obviously those two have already been big hits, the album is doing its thing, and yet these people have awesome access to him. The interview is really amateurish (the waterfall nonsense, terrible sound quality). Who are these people?

I like the interview itself. The questions are basic but not shallow, imo. Hearing Michael talking about magic and his inspiration is fabulous.

The interview, right? Did he also sing the chorus for Best Of Joy / The Toy ?
No, just the lovely Peter Pan thing.

It's a strange interview. He mentions BJ and Beat It so obviously those two have already been big hits, the album is doing its thing, and yet these people have awesome access to him. The interview is really amateurish (the waterfall nonsense, terrible sound quality). Who are these people?

I like the interview itself. The questions are basic but not shallow, imo. Hearing Michael talking about magic and his inspiration is fabulous.

No, just the lovely Peter Pan thing.
I believe he sued the cameraman for selling the footage without his knowledge. This is one of those interviews where Michael had no plans to release it but was going to keep it for himself

I believe he sued the cameraman for selling the footage without his knowledge. This is one of those interviews where Michael had no plans to release it but was going to keep it for himself
Oh, did not know that. Apologies to Michael but I can't pretend I'm not glad it's out there bc it's brilliant. I usually skip the LaToya bit and the picture and sound quality are crap but the content is actually really good. Especially compared to the usual msm nonsense that's out there.

Thanks for the info. I only found it 2 - 3 years ago so I can watch it with a clear conscience, lol.

Try this one instead: Why DID the Estate release anything at all after Michaels death?
There are several reasons, John Branca has indicated that Michael's album was complicated to put together and that there were very few MJ vocals in the later years.
The second reason is that they don't have all the songs, multi-tracks and they need the collaborators but they don't do it.
The 3rd reason is that they reported 83 songs, in different states, to the IRS to pay less taxes.
The 4th reason is that unreleased songs don't make as much money as other projects. However, that doesn't mean that these unreleased songs will never be released.
Can you develop further on your side as well? Thanks in advance.

Going back to the unauthorized 1983 interview, Michael spent 1983 and 1984 with Buz Kohan creating music for Steven Spielbergs scrapped Peter Pan movie. Neverland Landing, Make a Wish, I'm Peter Pan and Happy Song are 4 songs worked on for that project

Has anyone contacted Buz?
I have already tried to contact him. But unfortunately I didn't get any feedback from him. Maybe someone will be luckier than me.

Alright, alright, I'll admit that it had me, at first. I think it was the percussive elements, over everything else. I'll put on the clown makeup for today.
Yea, the stranger in Moscow beats make everything sound more endearing, even if not authentic. It's not really that easy to tell anymore.

Let's end the confusion about MJ's unreleased tracks here.
Well here's one way to help end my confusion: What is the difference between the 2001 Ver. of Xscape on Xscape and the 2002 Ver. that leaked in 2002

There are several reasons, John Branca has indicated that Michael's album was complicated to put together and that there were very few MJ vocals in the later years.
The second reason is that they don't have all the songs, multi-tracks and they need the collaborators but they don't do it.
The 3rd reason is that they reported 83 songs, in different states, to the IRS to pay less taxes.
The 4th reason is that unreleased songs don't make as much money as other projects. However, that doesn't mean that these unreleased songs will never be released.
Can you develop further on your side as well? Thanks in advance.
So it's simultaneously both the Estate's fault...and not their fault at all.

Back