The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Separate song, im not even sure if Damien has heard Coco Butter since it's not registered.
I think they really are the same song since the titles are very similar, remember how MJ had written on his notes "The Loser", "Ways You Love Me", "Stop Throwing Your Life Away" and such as alternative titles even though those songs aren't named that way exactly, so similarly I think Coco Butter/Butter Funk are just different titles of the same song.

Being a coconut lover, I have always been curious to know more about this one. It would be interesting to find out why this title, perhaps it is a more tropical song?

I think they really are the same song since the titles are very similar, remember how MJ had written on his notes "The Loser", "Ways You Love Me", "Stop Throwing Your Life Away" and such as alternative titles even though those songs aren't named that way exactly, so similarly I think Coco Butter/Butter Funk are just different titles of the same song.
Like hot street & slapstick basically

random question, what was and when was the first ever song/snippet to be leaked? Iirc i heard something leaked before Xscape in 2002

@NetflexKing

This article places him in London in late 2005.

Wow thanks for the info.
What's weird is that "I Have This Dream" was mentioned as "From The Bottom Of My Heart". A different song that was supposedly created in 2008/2009.

Question, in the mj home vids, he says that his next short film was gonna be military style but he gave the idea to Janet, which one was he talking about? SM?

Question, in the mj home vids, he says that his next short film was gonna be military style but he gave the idea to Janet, which one was he talking about? SM?
I thought it was Captain EO- Janet wanted to repurpose some of the routines for Rhythm Nation.

This is one of the moments I think Michael was fibbing to create a story but since RN came out in 1989, his next short film would’ve been related to either Decade or Dangerous….

Wow thanks for the info.
What's weird is that "I Have This Dream" was mentioned as "From The Bottom Of My Heart". A different song that was supposedly created in 2008/2009.
Removed my comment because it wasn't true lol

Last edited:
It's weird, I think John Barnes and I think even one of MJ's former bodyguards referred to "I Have This Dream" as "From The Bottom Of My Heart" as well. I think FTBOMH really was an alternative title for I Have This Dream but then MJ decided to use that title for a new song also.

This is what Damien said on X:

I Have This Dream is done. Ciara, Snoop, James Ingram, Jermaine, Shirley Caesar, the O’Jays and all the others recorded on it. R Kelly is also on the version I heard, but I was told that MJ wanted to remove him. The leaked "demo"👇really is the same song.

Bottom Of My Heart is a totally separate song. The version I heard was an instrumental, and I was told by someone who worked on the music that MJ never got around to recording it. But it was on MJ's list of songs he wanted to keep working on.

Yeah also like Don't Be Messin

Back