The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Bad is the seventh studio album by the American singer and songwriter Michael Jackson. It was released on August 31, 1987, by Epic Records, nearly five years after Jackson's previous album, Thriller (1982). Written and recorded between January 1985 and July 1987, Bad was the third and final collaboration between Jackson and producer Quincy Jones, with Jackson co-producing and composing all but two tracks. Jackson adopted an edgy look and sound with Bad, departing from his signature groove-based style and high-pitched vocals. The album incorporates pop, rock, funk, R&B, dance, soul, and hard rock styles. Jackson also experimented with newer recording technology, including digital synthesizers and drum machines, resulting in a sleeker and more aggressive sound. Jackson wrote nine of the eleven songs on the album. Lyrical themes on the album include media bias, paranoia, racial profiling, romance, self-improvement, and world peace. The album features appearances from Siedah Garrett and Stevie Wonder.

Bad is the seventh studio album by the American singer and songwriter Michael Jackson. It was released on August 31, 1987, by Epic Records, nearly five years after Jackson's previous album, Thriller (1982). Written and recorded between January 1985 and July 1987, Bad was the third and final collaboration between Jackson and producer Quincy Jones, with Jackson co-producing and composing all but two tracks. Jackson adopted an edgy look and sound with Bad, departing from his signature groove-based style and high-pitched vocals. The album incorporates pop, rock, funk, R&B, dance, soul, and hard rock styles. Jackson also experimented with newer recording technology, including digital synthesizers and drum machines, resulting in a sleeker and more aggressive sound. Jackson wrote nine of the eleven songs on the album. Lyrical themes on the album include media bias, paranoia, racial profiling, romance, self-improvement, and world peace. The album features appearances from Siedah Garrett and Stevie Wonder.
Wow, it's that song from Despicable Me 2!

Btw people gotta stop calling Michael's Affirmation 'Photographs' since the instrumental for it clearly isn't the same song lol, it even has its own instrumental copyrighted for it.
According to Damien, they are at least the same song/piece, as in, the instrumental alone is called Photographs while the Michael's affirmation is the speech itself.

By the way, is anyone else disappointed we never got the Mark mix of What A Lovely Way To Go? Might disappear forever like the original Another Day mix

According to Damien, they are at least the same song/piece, as in, the instrumental alone is called Photographs while the Michael's affirmation is the speech itself.
Damien might've not been remembering details 100% correctly since it has been 10 years since he heard the songs. They share the same composition but they're not exactly the same song as you can hear the differences. It'd be like calling Dangerous 'Streetwalker' because both songs share one aspect (the bassline in this case).
By the way, is anyone else disappointed we never got the Mark mix of What A Lovely Way To Go? Might disappear forever like the original Another Day mix
It might leak at some point, I've seen someone on leak forums selling the song for 10.000 USD recently. It doesn't mean much but it shows that there are more people other than Korgnex who have the song.

Last edited:

Didn't the Another Day original come out?

Damien might've not been remembering details 100% correctly since it has been 10 years since he heard the songs. They share the same composition but they're not exactly the same song as you can hear the differences. It'd be like calling Dangerous 'Streetwalker' because both songs share one aspect (the bassline in this case).

It might leak at some point, I've seen someone on leak forums selling the song for 10.000 USD recently. It doesn't mean much but it shows that there are more people other than Korgnex who have the song.
Don't forget, Damien is not going from memory. He wrote down every single thing while listening

no they dont lol, when you find a collector who has it, let me know
Alright then, I always thought people did have it because of the leaked snippet, how did that person gain access to the original song?

Nope, I can confirm that much.
Alright then, tbh from what I can tell from what has leaked, the 2010 version is just reconstruction of the original version so I don't think we are missing much. Ofc I could be wrong.

This is bad comedy.
tumblr_inline_piwa3elurF1t5pv3h_540.gif

Alright then, I always thought people did have it because of the leaked snippet, how did that person gain access to the original song?
Same way most people do—they knew a guy who knew a guy who had access.

You’d be surprised how often engineers, musicians, and vocalists give away demos. If I’m not mistaken, “Escape” leaked back in 2002 because one of the engineers (Stuart Brawley) gave a fan a copy.

Dangerous is the eighth studio album by the American singer-songwriter Michael Jackson. It was released by Epic Records on November 26, 1991, more than four years after Jackson's previous album, Bad (1987). Co-produced by Jackson, Bill Bottrell, Teddy Riley, and Bruce Swedien, the album was Jackson's first since Forever, Michael (1975) without longtime collaborator Quincy Jones. Guest appearances include Heavy D, Princess Stéphanie of Monaco, Slash and Wreckx-n-Effect. The album incorporates R&B, pop and new jack swing, a growing genre at the time. Elements of industrial, funk, hip hop, electronic, gospel, classical and rock are also present. Twelve of the album's fourteen songs were written or co-written by Jackson, discussing topics like racism, poverty, romance, self-improvement, and the welfare of children and the world.

Back