The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

I wonder if MJ worked on Fall Again sometime during the 2000's, he was working on plenty of songs that were already released on TUC at the time so it isn't unlikely.

i wonder why the estate has gone in such a different direction then the Prince estate has with their albums. i think we all would love to hear even early vocal mixes of tracks similar to shake a body and the DSTYGE demos.

Damien Shields mentioned that MJ wanted the end of the song to keep getting higher and higher, similar to the end of “The Way You Love Me,” but they never made the necessary changes to the instrumental so it was never recorded.

I’d kill to hear that.
That would be pretty neat. It is a little flat as it is now.

That reminds me, that the main reason I prefer the later Way You Love Me is the fact Neff-U did change the end pitch, and added MJs voice over it. Even though he is clearly, modulated. Or maybe not? But the effect is nice still, works great with the piano.

Michael and Akon made 4-5 songs. We have Hold My Hand and WBSS 2008. Does someone know the other titles?

Last edited:
Michael and Akon made 4-5 songs. We have Hold My Hand and WBSS 2008. Does someone know the other titles?
They're just incomplete concepts. Akon said he's never going to release them.
"Akon said that Hold My Hand was one of the few unreleased Jackson tracks "that was actually fully complete". "The rest aren't," he said. "They're just ideas, concepts, and harmonies that the world will probably never see ... We've done plenty of records outside of this, but they were just incomplete ... I might just burn [them] after this interview."

It seems to me that the other songs were more ideas, very primitive demos or instrumentals.
But he just said they put together 4-5 songs/records, and about a million of ideas (meaning a lot more than just 4-5 ideas/songs). So how did you draw your conclusion?

Even if HMH and WBSS 08 are 2 of the songs, it still remains 2-3 more songs/records. And not saying those 2-3 songs are "fully completed tracks", but they are mentioned as songs, and might as well have verses and chorus. Akon has mentioned it earlier as well that there are very few completed tracks, but that means there are more than just HMH and WBSS 08.

They're just incomplete concepts. Akon said he's never going to release them.

""Akon said that Hold My Hand was one of the few unreleased Jackson tracks "that was actually fully complete". "The rest aren't," he said. "They're just ideas, concepts, and harmonies that the world will probably never see ... We've done plenty of records outside of this, but they were just incomplete ... I might just burn [them] after this interview.""
Exacly, "one of the few unreleased Jackson tracks that was actually fully complete" - meaning one of the 4-5 songs which Akon mentiioned just 7 months ago at Vlads interview posted above....

But he just said they put together 4-5 songs/records, and about a million of ideas (meaning a lot more than just 4-5 ideas/songs). So how did you draw your conclusion?
The songs could be the concepts he was talking about, just that they're the most further along compared to the short ideas they had.
Exacly, "one of the few unreleased Jackson tracks that was actually fully complete"
Akon was either been referring to the songs that MJ was making at the time in general, since everyone knows there isn't a lot from that era because MJ didn't feel like doing a lot of recording, especially after the HMH leak. Or he was referring to WBSS and HMH which are, in fact, the few songs that they completed.

The songs could be the concepts he was talking about, just that they're the most further along compared to the short ideas they had.

Akon was either been referring to the songs that MJ was making at the time in general, since everyone knows there isn't a lot from that era because MJ didn't feel like doing a lot of recording, especially after the HMH leak. Or he was referring to WBSS and HMH which are, in fact, the few songs that they completed.
But you are ignoring the fact that he 7 months ago said "4-5 songs/records". Reviewing what he is saying, I lean way more towards there actually being 2-3 more songs left, than only HMH and WBSS. Not even a glass half full half empty scenario in this case IMO

4-5 songs and beside those, a million of ideas. His words 7 months ago.

But you are ignoring the fact that he 7 months ago said "4-5 songs/records". Reviewing what he is saying, I lean way more towards there actually being 2-3 more songs left, than only HMH and WBSS. Not even a glass half full half empty scenario in this case IMO

4-5 songs and beside those, a million of ideas. His words 7 months ago.
I rewatched the interview and I still don't see how Akon implies there are more songs that could be released, all he said is that MJ had millions of ideas of which Akon had to make him focus on one (which ended up turning into those 4 songs). Just because there's a track it doesn't necessarily mean it has full/partial vocals, they could be instrumentals with some harmonies or with no vocals at all, which matches with what Akon said on the article I posted.

I rewatched the interview and I still don't see how Akon implies there are more songs that could be released, all he said is that MJ had millions of ideas of which Akon had to make him focus on one (which ended up turning into those 4 songs). Just because there's a track it doesn't necessarily mean it has full/partial vocals, they could be instrumentals with some harmonies or with no vocals at all, which matches with what Akon said on the article I posted.
Agree to disagree I guess.

Akon said they worked on four or five songs, but clarified that they’re harmonies and ideas. Nothing extensive or releasable. I don’t know how this is up for debate. Maybe there’s a full chorus out there, but I think people are getting their hopes up for nothing.

Akon said they worked on four or five songs, but clarified that they’re harmonies and ideas. Nothing extensive or releasable. I don’t know how this is up for debate. Maybe there’s a full chorus out there, but I think people are getting their hopes up for nothing.
Where did he clarify this about those 4-5 records he said he had 7 months ago?

Also, why are you guys suddenly acting like releasable songs = only fully completed tracks? Pretty well known to us fans by now that even tracks like Days in G and Fall Again are releasable type of tracks by now

Considering only full blown production with full vocals and chorus and harmonies to now only count as releasable is ridiculous

The songs are just ideas and aren't releasable or he would be releasing them
Not really that great of an argument to be honest. Not releasing the rest he has does not automatically equal non-releasable material. Could be 10 other reasonable reasons

people are coping very hard on this thread rn

Yeah, not really sure where this is coming from. It's been pretty well understood that they worked on stuff but Hold My Hand was the only one that they ended up finishing enough to be released.
It comes from Akon. He said 4-5 songs. It's pretty clear.
There have to be 2 or 3 demos at least in the state of Ghost of another lover.

I guess Akons songs would need the Weeknd or Timberlake to fill the gaps and make it a hit.
With Hold My Hand its the same. This is Akon feat. Michael.
It's not impossible to do, oh

Last edited:
Back