The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

Those are just alternate vocal takes that were on the Behind The Mask multitrack. For some reason, our incompetent estate chose to release a version of the Behind The Mask demo sourced from some random cassette. Same story for What A Lovely Way To Go, they obviously have the multitrack, but chose to release a version from a cassette.

Wouldn't the files on the disc be lossy if it was ripped from a cassette?

Last edited:
Those are just alternate vocal takes that were on the Behind The Mask multitrack. For some reason, our incompetent estate chose to release a version of the Behind The Mask demo sourced from some random cassette. Same story for What A Lovely Way To Go, they obviously have the multitrack, but chose to release a version from a cassette.
They could literally go on fiverr and hire a solid mix engineer for $50 to $150, yet they choose to use cassette rips. Absolutely astonishing.

Wouldn't the files on the disc be lossy if it was ripped from a cassette?
Well you get a lossless rip of the audio on the cassette, it's technically lossless for what it is, but the frequency range of the data on the cassette is limited and would be equivalent to a mp3's frequency cutoff range. ( Somebody else could probably phrase what i'm trying to convey better).

Also the audios on the disc have crappy CD mastering on them as i believe the same dude who mastered Bad 25 mastered Thriller 40 (correct me if i'm wrong).

They could literally go on fiverr and hire a solid mix engineer for $50 to $150, yet they choose to use cassette rips. Absolutely astonishing.
They probably had as much of a budget as they did for their artwork, and after changing the artwork couldn't afford a solid mix engineer lol

The multitracks ARE digitized and have been for more than a decade. Just the estate setting their standard of being the envy of all estates (as usual)
Yeah, I'm not really surprised that they didn't bother at all. You can tell just by listening to the demos, horrendous quality.

Well you get a lossless rip of the audio on the cassette, it's technically lossless for what it is, but the frequency range of the data on the cassette is limited and would be equivalent to a mp3's frequency cutoff range. ( Somebody else could probably phrase what i'm trying to convey better).

Also the audios on the disc have crappy CD mastering on them as i believe the same dude who mastered Bad 25 mastered Thriller 40 (correct me if i'm wrong).
Yeah, I just thought there'd be a cut off in the frequency in the actual files in an audio editor if the data just isn't there, I'm assuming it doesn't work like that when it's ripped directly from a tape then.

Last edited:
Yes recorded at ASCAP in 2003, but no idea if MJ vocally recorded the songs!

This song is one of my top searches. But I found nothing.
What Chris chidman told you in Twitter about songs like far far away and other i can't see his comment

Yeah, I just thought there'd be a cut off in the frequency in the actual files in an audio editor if the data just isn't there, I'm assuming it doesn't work like that when it's ripped directly from a tape then.
Yep, it's not like that at all with analog formats
cassette rips usually look like a lossless song, but the frequency quite literally rolls off at around 16kHz on the average cassette more or less, there's more data above those frequencies, but it's all just noise from the tape and not actual music.

Yep, it's not like that at all with analog formats
cassette rips usually look like a lossless song, but the frequency quite literally rolls off at around 16kHz on the average cassette more or less, there's more data above those frequencies, but it's all just noise from the tape and not actual music.
This has been very informative, didn't know that, it definitely makes sense there'd be extra noise!

Last edited:
What Chris chidman told you in Twitter about songs like far far away and other i can't see his comment
He said :

I've never been able to get a definitive answer on Far Far Away. Some say just a chorus others say just the title vocal and mumblings . Some times these titles or lyrics have ended up in other songs.

Why do you guys think Hot Street wasn’t included in Thriller 40? Will they save it for the next posthumous album, or will they save it for Thriller 50?

The multitracks ARE digitized and have been for more than a decade. Just the estate setting their standard of being the envy of all estates (as usual)
So you’re telling me that the estate has already digitized the master tapes for all of the Thriller outtakes, and yet they still decided to use crappy cassette rips for Thriller 40? That’s frankly retarded on their part, like what for?

He said :

I've never been able to get a definitive answer on Far Far Away. Some say just a chorus others say just the title vocal and mumblings . Some times these titles or lyrics have ended up in other songs.
What did he told you about other songs please u asked him many times i did not see his answer because he block me

I think they've held onto Hot Street and Niteline to try and repeat the success they had with LNFSG
Yes, I think it's probably because they see those tracks as stronger and want to keep them for whenever they decide to do something else.

Sunset Driver being on there is kinda weird imo. That one slaps so would think they'd want to reuse it.

Why do you guys think Hot Street wasn’t included in Thriller 40? Will they save it for the next posthumous album, or will they save it for Thriller 50?
Hot Street could be a strong song for a posthumous album. But I think they save the best unreleased song for Thriller

What did he told you about other songs please u asked him many times i did not see his answer because he block me
-Bad Company is sung by Tito Jackson.
-Power is sung by Jackie Jackson.
-Far Far Away is unfinished and it's unclear if the song only has a chorus or if it has a mumbling vocal.

Hot Street could be a strong song for a posthumous album. But I think they save the best unreleased song for Thriller

Can you tell me more about what he told u about unreleased songs ? Did you asked him about 1993 deposition songs ?

Did you asked him about the hunt .alright now .somewhere in time .going to rio. Eating alive and other songs

Eddie Santiago journalist said this :
Several songs Jackson recorded for Bad remain unreleased: “Bad Company,” “Broken Chair,” “Buffalo Bill,” “Crack Kills,” “Get Back on Me,” “The Hunt,” “Tomboy,” “What You Do to Me.” One song, “Cheater,” was released on 2004’s

Can you ask Chris cadmen about get back on me .the hunt and tomboy ?

So you’re telling me that the estate has already digitized the master tapes for all of the Thriller outtakes, and yet they still decided to use crappy cassette rips for Thriller 40? That’s frankly retarded on their part, like what for?
All of the multitracks that are in the estate's possession have been digitized. They might not be in possession of all of MJ's multitracks though. Even if they don't have the masters they most likely have some of the other reels. If they have none of the original reels they may have stereo mixdowns on DATs too.

Yes, I think it's probably because they see those tracks as stronger and want to keep them for whenever they decide to do something else.

Sunset Driver being on there is kinda weird imo. That one slaps so would think they'd want to reuse it.
Yeah absolutely mate. Sunset Driver being on there still baffles me, I still think a lot of that vocal is from Off The Wall, but more importantly it had serious potential

Imagine what a producer like Brody Brown (Silk Sonic) could do with that track.

Can you tell me more about what he told u about unreleased songs ? Did you asked him about 1993 deposition songs ?
You have to be calm and patient. I'm not going to harass him with questions, he surely has better things to do. We must take advantage of the answers we have already had. Like the information on "Far Far Away" or all the information from Damien Shields. I've been researching for over a decade, and it's only been a short time since we've had so much information.
Just be a little patient :)

Eddie Santiagoo journalist said this :
Several songs Jackson recorded for Bad remain unreleased: “Bad Company,” “Broken Chair,” “Buffalo Bill,” “Crack Kills,” “Get Back on Me,” “The Hunt,” “Tomboy,” “What You Do to Me.” One song, “Cheater,” was released on 2004’s

Can you ask Chris cadmen about get back on me .the hunt and tomboy ?
I don't know Eddie Santiago. And I don't think he heard those songs. We have information about these songs...

Chris Cadman thinks there's a full version of MJ on "Eaten Alive." Never heard "Get Back on Me" and "The Hunt"... Maybe a misspelling of the song "The Hurt"...

Back