The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

That list was made years ago so not really sure how accurate a lot of the stuff in it would be at this point.

So I was wondering about MJ's California Raisins bit: the talking voice was his and the singing wasn't (because of record company restrictions I assume), but does anyone know if he did record the demo for it maybe..?

So I was wondering about MJ's California Raisins bit: the talking voice was his and the singing wasn't (because of record company restrictions I assume), but does anyone know if he did record the demo for it maybe..?
Is say it's very likely he did record a demo. Correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds like Kipp Lennon, the same soundalike MJ used for The Simpsons due to contractual restrictions. We all know of the 'Happy Birthday Lisa' demo, so would see no reason why this wouldn't be the same

Is say it's very likely he did record a demo. Correct me if I'm wrong but that sounds like Kipp Lennon, the same soundalike MJ used for The Simpsons due to contractual restrictions. We all know of the 'Happy Birthday Lisa' demo, so would see no reason why this wouldn't be the same
Yes I agree. Also Michael was very much involved with the concept of the clip so it would be strange if he didn't work on the song (which is also his own beat)

"The Brazilian singer Tom Jobim, who worked with Quincy Jones, acknowledged having listened to the demo of Goin' To Rio and said he had arrangements of Brazilian music".

What's the source for that? Also, I wonder why the estate didn't put it on disc 2 of OTW 2016. Rights issues over the Quincy thing?

"The Brazilian singer Tom Jobim, who worked with Quincy Jones, acknowledged having listened to the demo of Goin' To Rio and said he had arrangements of Brazilian music".

What's the source for that? Also, I wonder why the estate didn't put it on disc 2 of OTW 2016. Rights issues over the Quincy thing?
No source I’ve been able to find.

Off the Wall almost certainly doesn’t have any material left over. Even when MJ put together the 2001 special edition, it’s the only album that didn’t feature at least one outtake. There are plenty of titles but so far we’ve gotten no actual evidence that any late ‘70s outtakes exist.

Goin' To Rio has to be legit (exist in some form). It's been brought up so many times by so many different people.

It'd be upsetting if MJ never recorded In The Life Of Chico, it has to be one of the most sombering songs he has written.
4c21b9bfb1ccced28cb0c3f029228ca9.jpg

"Famine, starvation, hunger, poverty, a South American Family
Chico, his sister, brother, mother live alone in an old run down shack N. of Brazil.
Drought is killing the people and the calf extinction has made food supply harsh
The father of Chico went off to city for help but never came back.

Chico 9 years old is left to tend for the family, man of the house.
He provide for the family working so hard allday long to sun up to dawn
Bless Chico's pride and courage who does the work of a man for his families survival

Drought came again, killing more. Chicos sister dies malnutrition
Mother dies in shock and heartbreak leaving 9 year old Chico alone.
Shock, heartbroken, confused. As a man Chico keeps his pride.

A real man he decide to go off to the city far away to challenge to the miles
to build a fruit stand to make a living to conquer his fathers goal.

The nearest city was 50 miles away. 9 year old Chico prepares for his journey ___ the ___ fearless
but drought, heat and malnutrition killed Chico when he was 10 miles from the city
leaving his _____ in the ____ to rot with his bag ____

But bless Chicos faith, cause in Gods heaven Chico has a place."

I will continue living until I have heard the likes of dark lady, water, monster, innocent man, boy no, remember what i told you, rocker, buffalo bill, Victory, Adore You, MichaelMcKellar and Lady of Summer

After listening to these I will drop dead and ascent to heaven
U forgot hot fun in summertimes it has vocals

Song or not it's still a pretty sombering piece and I really hope there's something recorded for it. With In The Life Of Chico, Little Susie and Be Not Always I wonder if everything was okay with MJ in that time lol. Comparing those with the songs on OTW is funny, it's a whole different contrast whilst they were being made/written around the same time. It's impressive how he wrote them when he was only in his early 20's.

Last edited:
What do we know about Fanfare Transition/Fanfare 1992? Both song titles are kinda intriguing.

So it's true there really isn't much left, most of these have leaked in some capacity. I count 11 songs that I've never heard before. Now obviously I haven't heard the original behind the mask either but the version on "Michael" makes it not one of the unheard songs anymore.
I heard different things about Victory though, it was a very rough demo, I doubt it got near being finished.
The original demo for behind the mask is on Thriller 40,and the song that was supposed to be on victory is Who do you know and that is also on Thriller 40

If such thread exists then I'm sorry but I am very confused often with all the thread talking about unreleased music. Some say there is nothing left, others say there is plenty left. I'm clueless, perhaps one thread about all the 100% completed tracks would make things clearer for me (and maybe for others like me). At least this way we have an idea of what we can expect the coming years

So "Chicago 45" and "throwing your life away" are supposedly 100% vocally completed in all aspects. What are the sources? Is there more or is this it?

Chicago 1945 was on Brad's laptop and stolen from the seminar Brad was at and the song was leaked,I listen to it from time to time and it sounds like a complete song,it doesn't say demo in the title so it could be a full song it sounds like a full song,but yet again michael has full songs that are demos so yeah

I don't think WDYK was meant for Victory....that was known as a Thriller outtake even before Michael passed.
According to the Estate, it was.

I say "according" because I don't believe any of the background info they gave lol

Last edited:
Well, during the two week break after he came back from Europe before starting the final US leg of the tour. That's when he recorded the demo for Earth Song, allegedly.
Yes, but that was a very short idea that he had, written months before. And it’s also the only thing he recorded in 1988, that has been mentioned over the years.

Throwing Your Life Away was thought to be from that 2-week break, but is in reality from 1986.

Yes, but that was a very short idea that he had, written months before. And it’s also the only thing he recorded in 1988, that has been mentioned over the years.

Throwing Your Life Away was thought to be from that 2-week break, but is in reality from 1986.
I was not saying he did record that specific song at the time, I just showed our fellow user that MJ had time to record stuff in 1988.

I was not saying he did record that specific song at the time, I just showed our fellow user that MJ had time to record stuff in 1988.
Record, perhaps, although if it’s a full production, and not a simple 1-minute piano demo I still doubt it.

But write a song with his father and two random(?) people? Nope. Also, that title man. Laughable. Sex Life P. 2 it seems.

Record, perhaps, although if it’s a full production, and not a simple 1-minute piano demo I still doubt it.

But write a song with his father and two random(?) people? Nope. Also, that title man. Laughable. Sex Life P. 2 it seems.
Except it actually predated Sex Life, if that makes sense. I remember seeing it years ago on the Wikipedia page, and even back then it confused me.

Brad have a copy of CGYWOOM Michael Prince give it to him so don't be suprised if you go to a Seminar and the song will be played

Brad have a copy of CGYWOOM Michael Prince give it to him so don't be suprised if you go to a Seminar and the song will be played
Brad doesn’t go through eras that he wasn’t present for as far as I can recall. Unless Buxer and/or MP are present, I don’t think CGYWOOM will be played.

Back