The Discussion of MJ's Unreleased Tracks

"Liberian Girl and Another Part of Me were pre Synclavier done during the last third of Victory and way before Bad's writing and development phase." - John Barnes

I can't find his other quote but he confirmed APOM was being done while MJ was in the hospital
That's interesting, I always knew Liberian Girl was probably the earliest song written for Bad, but I had no idea Another Part Of Me dated that far back.

It's so funny to me how a lot of songs were made for/during Victory; The Freddie Mercury tracks, Chicago 1945, Buffalo Bill, Liberian Girl, Another Part Of Me, Dirty Diana, Dream Away. It's the most effort MJ has ever put on a The Jacksons album lol.
What if he actually went and put those songs on Victory, what would replace them on Bad?

It's so funny to me how a lot of songs were made for/during Victory; The Freddie Mercury tracks, Chicago 1945, Buffalo Bill, Liberian Girl, Another Part Of Me, Dirty Diana, Dream Away. It's the most effort MJ has ever put on a The Jacksons album lol.

I would say Buffalo Bill and Liberian Girl were the only songs on your list written for Victory.....the rest were songs he was working on for himself

Oh, believe a couple yt vids and comments, forgot what others, and what I meant before was the song was in the running for Bad, but not to the level of songs like Streetwalker or PoF
Please stop posting info you've gotten from Youtube comments as if it's fact.

Well, we've been presented with a whole bunch of strong outtakes: Price of Fame, I'm So Blue, Song Groove, Do You Know Where Your Children Are, Streetwalker, Cheater...
If Quincy let MJ turn Bad into a 3-disc album the fans would've been fed for a whole decade lol. The only downside is that the vault would be even more empty nowadays.

Well, we've been presented with a whole bunch of strong outtakes: Price of Fame, I'm So Blue, Song Groove, Do You Know Where Your Children Are, Streetwalker, Cheater...

Song Groove and Do You Know wouldn't have made the album for sure

"Liberian Girl and Another Part of Me were pre Synclavier done during the last third of Victory and way before Bad's writing and development phase." - John Barnes

I can't find his other quote but he confirmed APOM was being done while MJ was in the hospital
They sound pre bad. Well, Liberian Girl does. APOM scaled up to that synthesizer synclavier sound, right?

Wasn’t it worked on during the Dangerous and HIStory sessions?
Yeah, the title was on a handwritten song list from circa spring 1991! I don’t think any of us knew it was considered for HIStory until the 1994 mix leaked.

I’m surprised by the lack of leaks we have from the HIStory era; is there any reason for this?

Yeah, the title was on a handwritten song list from circa spring 1991! I don’t think any of us knew it was considered for HIStory until the 1994 mix leaked.

I'm really having trouble believing that the leaked files are all that exists of that track if MJ went back to it. It's possible, though.

Back